Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Man, the dialogue in this game is pretty surreal. I'm frankly lost half the time, and I've seen some of the anime/manga before.

I suspect the dialogue with Kagome talking about falling down the well isn't actually misattributed; it's possible that it's a localization gaffe as well. Japanese can frequently be kind of vague on what the subject of a sentence is if it can be inferred from context, from what I understand. If the localizers were just given a spreadsheet of text dialogue (frequently in the order the dialogue is in the game files, which can have little to no relation to its placement in the plot) with little or no context, they might have assumed that she was talking about herself, especially if they're familiar with the series and know that she time-travels using that well. That kind of thing is depressingly common in bad Japanese-English localizations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I mean, there's probably no Shippo route for a guy, either. He's a kid. And also male.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Kagome can pretty much go to The Present at will, can't she? I bet she brought potatoes to The Past so she can get fries there too. That's what I'd do.
You'd risk a TIME PARADOX in order to be able to fry yourself up a heart attack on your time-traveling adventures? For shame. :v:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Psycho Knight posted:

That is weird actually. Kagome doesn't ask where Anime came from, about her life, history, or anything like that from the modern era. You'd think she would have a lot of questions. Or she would go to the modern era and search for clues from where Anime disappeared.
Kinda reminds me of Persona Q, where it's a minor plot point that the two parties are pulled from two different points in time, and nobody in the cast notices it until like three-quarters of the way through the game. I wonder if that's the case here.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

To be fair to the headman, the only real physical "tell" that Kagura is a demon are her pointy ears, which could be fairly easily overlooked. And technically her red eyes, which aren't very common anywhere (let alone Japan), but this is anime so :shrug:

Waffleman_ posted:

[Up6Ses1Img016]
Broken image tag?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Waffleman_ posted:

Wow! It's rare to hear a suggestion from Mirkou.
Translation error or transcription error?

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm coming to the terrible realization that Sango might not know how to read.
Given the time period and her social status, she probably doesn't. Maybe enough to recognize the characters she uses to spell her name, and a few others she uses regularly, if she's lucky.

Psycho Knight posted:

Not much strength. Now watch as I throw this tree trunk into the air and Captain America that poo poo.

They really don't give a poo poo about Anime. Just how badly are they hoping she'll just die or wander off and they can go back to kicking the can around for another 100+ episodes?

Anime is still very unfamiliar with this time period/lifestyle and she was very recently arrested while wandering around on her own to gather information, which was part of some plot by Naraku apparently. So what do our intrepid heroes do when stopping in a new unfamiliar place? That's right. Immediately ditch Anime and leave a note telling her to wander around and gather information.

They all want her gone, through any means possible.
Look, she's disrupting the flow of pointless romantic tension that doesn't go anywhere until the literal last second. That's like bad Feng Shui.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm going to do you all a favor and skip over this next part, because it is nothing but back to back fights for FIFTEEN MINUTES STRAIGHT, and that's with my emulator's fast forward on at 120% speed.
Miroku was later found disemboweled, with his liver surgically removed. Our heroes were tragically too late.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

30 people does seem a bit much for one area. Maybe a bit small for a game-spanning sidequest of that era, though.

Waffleman_ posted:

Tokusuke:Tokusuke: Let's do it!
Character name repeated here.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Psycho Knight posted:

Obviously Naraku built a feudal hyperloop under the castle, which the gang fell in to. Duh.
And here I was thinking it was the world's most awesome trap door slide.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Waffleman_ posted:

But...they were the ones that helped me.
Is this the right image? it seems like an exact duplicate of the one before.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, a Homestuck!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Waffleman_ posted:

[jake] Just a moment, Sesshomaru, I'm looking for the road now.
Looks like a broken tag here. In fact, every one of "Jake's" lines (and Sesshoumaru's) has no portrait.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, especially walking like these guys do. Although a carriage probably wouldn't be more than twice as fast anyways, probably more like 1.5x.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

At least Kagura is just as moronic as the party. Makes it feel more like a comedy of errors than one side forgot to turn on their brains when they woke up this morning.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

StolenTeeth posted:

I know that Animes last few lines are said half in her head, half out loud, but it's much funnier to think that Anime said, out loud, "KAGURA THINKS I'M UTSUGI SO I GUESS I SHOULD PRETEND TO BE HER" and Kagura thinks

"ah yes"

"that is totally a normal thing for Utsugi to have said"
"I HOPE SHE DOESN'T FIND ME OUT"

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Psycho Knight posted:

I mean, it's definitely fitting. Anime doesn't know why she's supposed to find Rin, Kagura doesn't know that Utsugi is actually Anime, Inuyasha and the gang probably don't know that Anime is actually real Utsugi, and Naraku probably doesn't know what Utsugi is even doing. Hell, I'm not even confident that Naraku knows what Naraku is doing.

Honestly, "Inuyasha: The Field of Ignorance" would be a much more appropriate title.
I was thinking something like "Maybe the 'Fields of Ignorance' extend to Naraku's castle and they're literally down the block or whatever" but this makes sense too.

Robindaybird posted:

not to mention Anime is ballsy as gently caress going after a boar by herself, or a complete idiot. Honestly, both are equal options.
I figure she thinks Rin is some five-year-old boar-hunting prodigy because somebody in this goddamn game has to be competent. Little does she know that Rin is (IIRC) some perfectly normal peasant girl Sesshomaru rescued by literally killing the Grim Reapers who were collecting her soul with his magic sword that can't kill anything living or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Waffleman_ posted:

Sango, even if I get to go back to my world, I will never forget this day.
Pretty sure this is a misplaced character portrait. Unless Sango talks to herself.