Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

AGGGGH BEES posted:

I wish any of these would ever get a PC release.

PS2 emulators!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Big Volfogg is a Ferrari, helicopter and motorcycle :smug:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

I just hope New Gundam Breaker wasn't bad enough to kill the franchise. What a bafflingly awful game.

Gundam as a franchise has this hilarious ability to make solid to fun games and then, every once in a while, release the absolute worst title on an entire platform, like Gundam Crossfire!

Hokuto posted:

Alpha 2 just has staggeringly enormous maps. I never really noticed until I started replaying it in the past couple of years but most stages take place in one little corner of a ginormous map.

You can see what I mean in this video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKDYN1xx2NI

Super Robot Wars: This is Complete Nonsense... and Absolutely Amazing

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 27, 2018

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

Same reason why the OYW is actually really difficult to use in a SRW.

Or at least it used to be. Nowadays there are 500 different prototype Gundams being developed in secret at the same time, what's a couple dozen more.

Wing and G would fit nicely. Gundam fights + Operation Meteor, Devil Gundam is a weapon wanted to be brought under control by OZ. Match made in heaven

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Have to pander to overseas since video game sales are worse every un Japan, arent they? How the gently caress do they not like GGG, ya tasteless bastards

Also PLEEAAAASE give us a Hell and Heaven Burning Finger duo attack :allears:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Wait, Nadesico is in this? If this is one serious I am utterly and completely EXHAUSTED of seeing it's loving Nadesico. Stop clogging up my roster with 10 of the same loving robot

God Gundam standing next to GGG is loving glorious tho

AradoBalanga posted:

Also, shame on you for not wanting Doble Infierno y Cielo.

Haha, yesssssssss

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

W is so beyond stupid broken. Just when you think the original bot cant get any more insane, he DOES... TWICE

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

HD Master Gundam

HD Gundam Spiegal

these things can and will happen, it will be glorious

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Seki Ha Heaven and Hell TEN KYO KEEEEEEEEEEN

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Supremezero posted:

There's one big thing about this backstory I never understood.

How in the everliving gently caress did a single meteor destroy both New York City and Washington DC.

Did it slide for 200 miles or something?

If the meteor also smashed Newark NJ, which would be "realistic", would anyone notice?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

So premium sound will be like 120+ bucks on the Switch? Son of a bitch.

That being said, gently caress that cover art looks insanely cool

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hokuto posted:

My favorite scene in all of Gundam Wing is the episode that opens up with Heero doing a monologue voiceover

"I'd like to invite you to my birthday party."

*tears up invitation* "I'll kill you."

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Thats ok though, because G is the best series anyway

Speaking of which, the recent blu rays REALLY clean up the show a lot. Ive noticed a lot of details I never saw previously, and the show is way more colorful than how it aired.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Seed and Destiny is gundam applied to a more typical anime formula, but G Gundam isnt really like that. Its about enjoying a gundam thats a god drat WINDMILL charging into battle and just over the top super moves that make dragon ball z look subtle.

I think Wing has very awesome concepts or ideas (drones replacing the role of people? shockingly relevant), but it gets its head so far up its own rear end and tries to play off this very "sophisticated" discussion of the merits of war VS peace.

If you cut Reyleena, eyebrows girl, and the UTTERLY stupid Lady Une dual personailty poo poo, the show would probably be a lot better. That being said, the 5 man band of gundam designs still hasnt been topped in my eyes.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

"Battlefield of Pacifists" is exactly the kind of stupid name that makes Gundam Wing great

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Ideon is real super

1st Gundam is super real

This is all a very precise science

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

So if you get Domon early, is it already God Gundam? :(

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Brunom1 posted:

As I've been told, Famitsu also gave W a 32. I'm feeling okay.

W deserved a perfect score of 40, so this undermines their credibility in my eyes :colbert:

Hype as gently caress for Master Asia though, that makes the game worth it for that alone. Any chance there are shops in Japan where you can pick up SEA games second hand? For a decent discount, I'd pick up the switch version

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

My only question is how does this run/look on the Switch. If you say flawless I will be a happy camper

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

For you guys who work on translating this: do you go back reference the old anime/source material at all? Not sure how much of T is based on old series plots, but I'm wondering if it's used for more obscure/old stuff like Reyearth.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hokuto posted:

It's also amusing having to write out rules in our internal glossary for how to write 魔神 based on what the applicable IP is—Mashin in Wataru, Mazin in Mazinger, and Rune God in Rayearth.

Lol, that's actually kinda funny how that works out. Good job!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Super Robot Wars SA, presented by Goonpresto

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

How does switch look like compared to PS4 though? I have both consoles so I'm not sure which one to get

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Does 30 count as a main game, or one of the side games? Im wondering how much of this game is new stuff with no T reuse

Either way, still pretty hype. Hoping we get a good amount of classic robos who havent gotten in for a while now, so Combattler is promising

Im not gonna suprised if we get Evangelion, they had a ton of new poo poo come out recently

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Revolver Bunker posted:

True, its probably cheaper to get license for it. I would still like Vandread to be in the game at some point. Or an actual voiced Golion or Godannar.

NOW we're talking. Combattler seems like he stops GoLion from being a thing, but I'm totally down for Godannar.

Or hey, Tekkaman :ssh:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Welp, that is the best looking cover lineup of all time in my opinion

Its so nice to get GGG and Mazinkaiser bullshit again :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

None of that matters, we have GRIDMAN now which opens the door to tokusatsu which opens the door to super sentai robots

LET A MAN DREAM DAMNIT