Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009
https://www.dualshockers.com/super-robot-wars-t-gets-new-details-on-story-series-list-explanation/

quote:

As said on stream, a lot of effort is required to make G Gundam and GaoGaiGar units look good, so they usually never appear together. They put in both this time because they managed to handle that problem, and also because both shows are very popular outside Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

I really cannot imagine English speaking overseas sales are still much of anything in the grand scheme of things? I still find this direction really strange if it's really targeting the west.

even in the best years SRW was only selling like 3-400,000 copies (excluding the PS2 era). Its a niche of a niche in a small country. Bamco has had a ton of success bringing over niche titles in other series and I bet its successful here as well. Even an additional 100k would be loving huge for SRW.

hitting Asia/Europe/US would target at least the hard core fans in those areas and having the games actually be in english brings in those non-crazies who wouldnt drop money on a game they cant read.

even here on our dying goof forum we occasionally get people coming in here curious because theyre finally kind of available for regular people.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I mean W might be the easiest SRW out there, anything can be pretty broken.

KoB
May 1, 2009
How early did they bring you in Hokuto?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Getsuya posted:

A is really good. I mean it's super old and doesn't even have the option to skip animations, but if you've got like 16 hours to kill (hint: flight back from Japan) it's a great time-sink. Axel is a great main character, especially with the Dragonar guys if you do his Real route (which is canon? I think?). I love Amuro and Bright's expressions in their face boxes. Amuro's like 'Bright are you seeing this poo poo?' and Bright is like 'Yeah and I don't like it'. The music is great too. Wing folks get Last Impression, Amuro gets Ai Senshi and the other old Gundam folks get some nice song I don't know the name of. Also it makes me want to watch 08th because Shiro is awesome. Also Dragonar because they're all awesome. Also Noin is awesome and currently has the most kills on my team because she dodge tanks everything and does solid damage with her like single ranged weapon she comes with, and it actually fits the narrative because she's supposed to be showing the Dragonar guys the ropes so she's always on my front line no-selling everything and counter-killing.

I just wish they gave me more money. Holy crap is this game stingy. And like you can upgrade every single weapon and the shields too but I so far only do shields because they are awesome, like adding a whole 'nother 2000 points of health to your squishy reals.

I know Portable was better in a few ways but honestly if you can handle not having animation skips I'd check out the original version. If only just for the sweet as hell soundtrack that didn't make the jump to PSP quite intact.

08th MS Team is one of the best, if not the best, gundam things.

KoB
May 1, 2009
SRW T releasing March 20th in Japan.

KoB
May 1, 2009

woah, holy poo poo

KoB
May 1, 2009
very into all the Aniki available in the Premium sound version.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Zore posted:

I just made a Singapore PSN account and got them same day

Theres no singapore eshop :negative:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ka0 posted:

Do you have any tips for maps where enemies start off away and it's necessary to kill them as quick as possible? I could pick pilots with the "extra move" buff, or I could pick robots with better mobility, or robots with superior terrain handling so they aren't as affected by hills or buildings.
Or I could pick transforming robots. Or maybe board everyone into the Hiryu/HagWane and then unload when arriving, I wonder which one is best.

I try and make sure every twin has accel.

KoB
May 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1074980911957958656

KoB
May 1, 2009
lmao "we got cool male cut-ins and dont you worry, we got The Titty too."

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hunter Noventa posted:

Thank you for your service, this was a great read.

It almost sounds like the T original gets the Gespenst, rather than there being extra originals like they did for V. BUt we know they'd never put out a game without a cool new OG robot.

Gungust and Huckbein had new originals too, so I bet thats not it.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I only take skills that give me more damage or E/B save so I can do more damage before refilling and the stat ups at 130 will so I can survive longer to do more damage.

The best defense is a dead enemy.

I generally only do +will on guys that have like really bad/no post move at low will because that hampers will gain the most IMO.

KoB
May 1, 2009
lmao i had no idea OG takes place in like 2200 AD.

KoB
May 1, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I haven't played an SRW game since fake SRW game, GBA Zone of the Enders. Is there a baby's first "what you're looking at in the pilot/mech upgrades" thing? Playing X, if it matters.

Upgrade whatever you like best and you cant really go wrong. These games arent very tough anymore.

smash the badguys with the big robits.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Garmraid blaze blasts a hole through the earth so i think the choice is pretty obvious

KoB
May 1, 2009
I hate when they cast wall because then its just like, well I guess Im ending the turn then. No reason to blow all my EN.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ka0 posted:

Thanks for the advice. I'm ok with hauling the Excellence around like a toolbox but having the Hiryu help out is better. The thing can barely hit anything anyway.

I was looking at Kotobukiya's page, and other than a couple of SD style figures, there really isn't anything. You would think that having Bandai around, of all companies, we would be swarmed with 1/144 scale kits of Hucks, Gespensts, Grungusts and the ocassional wacky kit like the SRX or G Kaiser.

Im pertty sure all of these exist.

Theres definitely at least:
Huck MKIII
Gespenst MkII & Kai
whatever that Gesterbein or whatever is called
Grungust type 0
Type 3
DGG
Sladglmir
Ialdabaoth
CompiKaiser
Soulgain
Alt, Weiss, 'Burg, Falken

Theres a bunch more but I dont feel like making this bigger i guess.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I think the Kotobukiya site only has recent stuff like the Raftclans and whatnot.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The Granzon isnt from La Gias, and Shu isnt either.
:goonsay:

e: Its based on alien tech that Earth/Shu wasnt supposed to fully understand but he did because hes Shu motherfuckin Shirakawa

KoB fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 10, 2019

KoB
May 1, 2009

TheMajinZenki posted:

Actually, Shu was born in La Gias. He was the son of Kyon Gran McSword and Misaki Shirakawa. His real name is Christoph Gran McSword ("Gran" being the middle name of those belonging to a Royal family line), but he would rather go by the name given to him by his mother.

oh yeah now that you say that it sounds familiar.

lmao at McSword though.

KoB
May 1, 2009
wait so did Shu name the Granzon's big sword and head beam after the royal name he doesnt care for?

KoB
May 1, 2009
Whats the DLC shenanigans with the Gespenst this time around? Im getting the s witch version so now Im worried I wont see it for half the game like Grungust/Huck

KoB
May 1, 2009
The OG mech is pretty simple and low key but Im not against the Valkyrie style its got going on.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hokuto posted:

Same :shobon:

Ing's my favorite in OG II.

It would've been nice in Moon Dwellers if someone had like, given him a shirt or something, seriously Ing you don't have to keep wearing that ridiculous cloak thing

You know he loves it.

he definitely stands around where the wind is strong, cape billowing in the wind thinking "im so cool"

KoB
May 1, 2009

Cheap Trick posted:

Arado, Seolla and Latooni in school just sounds like the typical class clown/class rep/bookworm dynamic.

Seolla is clearly the Team Captain of Sports Team friend, Latooni is both the bookworm and class rep.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Zore posted:

It depends heavily game to game. Usually a bunch of series do end up sharing the same universe at least with modifications to their backstories to accommodate. Alpha Gaiden for instance has Gundam X and Turn A taking place at the same time in different parts of the world (massively extending the time between the backstory war to main plot in X from 7 years to hundreds of years) while a bunch of the UC is thrown into the future to interact with them. X has ZZ, Char's counterattack and F91 happening concurrently while Crossbone gets pulled in from the future. Another world in X has Wing, Dunbine and Code Geass combined into a glorious clusterfuck of ridiculous bullshit.

V did some neat stuff where you had F91 and Crossbone taking place centuries after the rest of the UC and then they cross dimensions and run into UC suits from Z, ZZ, and Unicorn roughly on par because of Full Metal Panic!

Didnt V also note that the F91/XBone people noticed that while their suits should be leagues ahead of Z/ZZ, theyre not? Like tech was different in this universe?

KoB
May 1, 2009
unless I can have Graham say God Graham Finger, whats the point in G Gen existing?

KoB
May 1, 2009
they released New GUndam Breaker on regular rear end steam so this will probably come over?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrDlDEhvEOM

PS4, Switch, and Steam

edit: According to the article the releases are all Japan/South East Asia including Steam it seems so I guess you'll have to change region or something if you buy it there?

wait a second, they swapped the GN Flag beam saber to the other hand. Graham is a lefty lmao

KoB
May 1, 2009
Excited for G Gen to come to Steam so I can use cheat engine to eliminate most of the grind and just mess around with a bunch of suits.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Theyve only been talking about God Gundam makes me think Shining just wont be in the game. Maybe it starts out halfway.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

My personal definition of supers vs reals is whether armor or mobility is prioritized when it comes to base stats/upgrades. Meant to take hits? Super. Meant to dodge em? Real. Can do a bit of both? Hybrid.

Daitarn is a real robot because he gets a huge mobility boost when you max him out.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The released a video of stage 4 with the God Gundam.

No Shining :negative:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Also re: languages

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1093481164948496385

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

I hope they used some of the same people again for the translating (glances over at you-know-who-who-is-probably-under-nda)

Cause there is no way I am finishing X just on the gameplay and series lineup alone!

The fact that she hasnt said anything makes me hopeful

KoB
May 1, 2009
look im just going to max out gaogaigar and use his best attack and maybe thats overkill on this Zaku but its gonna feel really cool.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ethiser posted:

The only way I can deal with them continuing the current OG story past Alpha 3 is if the severely thin the cast out, which I know they won’t do because they have to worry about people being mad at them for getting rid of their favorite.

We just need a couple Dancouger/Combattler mechs to gobble up a bunch of the tertiary cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

Isn't it just the crappy Gespenst?

you take that back