Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if T will have anything about it's gameplay standing out.
The letter for the game is T. Therefore, we'll be getting the grand return of the TRI system. Or something else with the letter T that somehow doubles as a groan-worthy pun because Japan. Or it's a pun because Izumi is in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tribladeofchaos posted:

The fact that they made Allenby a secret for A and J was just baffling to me, especially J since you can't even save Master Asia! :mad: And J is super easy, the only units you can't solo the game with are Sol Tekkaman 1 and 2 because they suck just that bad.

I actually beat it again a few weeks ago which I hadn't done since the patch had come out, the reinforcements issue is frustrating but the biggest black mark on the game is SEED. I'm not saying that just because I don't like SEED, it's more that the game didn't do anything with the plot of it, they play it painfully straight and it drags the other shows down with it. J is still a good game though.
Practically everything with J is weird overall, including the secret list. There are the understandable selections, like Gai and Rapier as well as Gale/Julia. But then the stuff that should be secrets aren't there. You get Jonathan and Quincy, two prime secret unit options, for free once Brain Powered's plot is over. On the flip side, Mwu, Master Asia, Nicol, Schwartz, Natarle and Tolle all die as normal and cannot be saved (and all of the SEED characters would be saveable in W, two by a secret and two by natural plot progression). And then there's the Jovian Quartet, who only show up as neutral reinforcements for the SEED finale, that are affected by the Gai secret (get Gai, and Tsukumo appears with the group; otherwise, it's just the three Jovians).

And then there's the whole issue of the Gundam selections clashing extremely hard, as others have said. G Gundam is so different that it has to be crowbarred into SEED's continuity, for better or worse. Like, when Michelo and Chapman first show up, they are addressed as the Gundam Fighters of Neo-England and Neo-Italy. Nobody from the SEED cast ever raises the obvious question of "What do you mean by Neo-England/Italy?" since both countries are part of the Atlantic Federation in SEED's universe. Hell, I don't think anyone raises a word of confusion when Domon first appears, and that's when SEED is starting the Africa arc.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Raxivace posted:

It shouldn't have been that hard to have some of that SEED stuff make some amount of sense in J. Like they could have made the Coordinator's existence a response to crazy people like Master Asia running around, or being afraid of the existence of the various Super Robots, or Orphan or whatever. Hell you could even incorporate the Whispered in there somehow, maybe they were designed using information from them.

Or did they something like and I just forgot?
Not that I can recall. J is basically "Here's the Cosmic Era plus some new series, but with very little effort to create cohesion between the featured series outside of a few spots". It gets even more :psyduck: when you recall that SEED puts a big emphasis on nuclear power being kneecapped, but the G-Gundam cast (whose Gundams are powered by nuclear reactors) can fly around perfectly fine without being affected by the Neutron Jammers. Which gives a boost to a theory about SEED's tech I've come across; the jammers only affect nuclear fission, but do gently caress all to prevent nuclear fusion (aka, the usual reactor power source for most Gundam series). Then again, the show's staff have allegedly deflected questions related to explaining how in-universe technology works, so...yeah, it doesn't surprise me that SEED has inconsistent technobabble.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

SEED only really works in a SRW context if it's the only Gundam in it's setting, indeed it pretty much has to be the only Real Robot series in it, and any Super Robot series sharing a setting with it better be able to gel with SEED's technobabble

Basically it becomes obvious why original SEED only got used 3 times and why Destiny is often post series, it fits terribly in SRW scenarios
A big sticking point are the Neutron Jammers. W is the only entry that makes a big deal out of the effect the Neutron Jammers have on the planet, and that's the game where SEED is there to look pretty while Astray gets the spotlight. There's a whole discussion at the start of the second half of the game where the Photon and Saotome Labs are working together to provide alternate power sources to the world, and how much stress this effort is causing on the respective labratory staff members. It actually gives a bit of weight to the situation and helps cement the global change that has come with W's timeskip. Every other SRW entry with the Cosmic Era sweeps the Neutron Jammers under the rug like they are trash or just doesn't even bother to bring them up (even though Azrael's acquisition of the N-Jammer Cancelers still gets priority billing for plot developments in the games with SEED).

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Have to pander to overseas since video game sales are worse every un Japan, arent they? How the gently caress do they not like GGG, ya tasteless bastards

Also PLEEAAAASE give us a Hell and Heaven Burning Finger duo attack :allears:
See, I look at that statement as the newest chapter in the continuing saga of Bandai Namco realizing their products have fanbases outside of Japan. Hopefully this means that they're also making sure the English translation is continually being improved on.

Also, shame on you for not wanting Doble Infierno y Cielo.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

Impact used a lot of Aestivalis units, FWIW. Frames and everything.
Impact's also the only time Yurika was playable as an Aestivalis pilot, right?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

EthanSteele posted:

The PSP version is the same but +50% health, it's wild.
MX Portable is kind of a microcosm for that period of time in regards to how Banpresto would handle difficulty spikes. Like, take Vindel's final battle in OG2 GBA in 2005 and compare it to his A Portable version roughly 3 years later. That's a 60,000 HP difference between them (GBA has more, for the record) and yet, is paired with a comically hilariously low EN pool in both cases. On a robot that requires EN for a lot of its stronger moves, to top it all off.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Seems to have a kind of weak series list, too.

I mean, we talk about how often the UC shows up, but there have been, what, eight shows there? There's plenty of room to have different main focuses aside from the contractual "Also Char". The DS games switching to SEED as the focus makes them work with a smaller, worse pool for their Gundam options, which is amplified by the whole "SEED makes no sense with other Reals" problem restricting the pool more.
And yet, K somehow manages to avoid using SEED Destiny and Stargazer as much as it can, despite being the sole Gundam representatives. No really, K dodges a lot of plot and when it does cover Destiny or Stargazer, it is done at breakneck speeds. Destiny's plot kicks off with prologue featuring Athrun and Cagalli in stage 4, then returns in stage 13 where the team sides with the Archangel right around the time Stella is captured by the Minerva. The next stage is a route split and one goes down Berlin and into Operation Angel Down, where Kira is reduced to NPC for a bit (despite a perfectly functional pilotless Murasame joining up with Kira). Then we blast through Stargazer's finale and Destiny's finale and wrap all of the plot by stage 24 of 46. I should note that I am counting the stages split into 2 parts (there are *a lot* of these in K) as individual stages here. Otherwise, the actual numbered stage count where SEED is wrapped up is stage 19 out of 36 stages.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

The most memorable thing about K seems to be how much people ended up hating the protagonist, which says a lot in a series like Super Robot Wars where they're usually not what you think of first.
My dislike of Mist Rex comes from me realizing what he's supposed to be, and how much the game fumbles the execution. At his core, Mist is a character archetype many have seen in fiction: the jaded rear end in a top hat who masks their issues by redirecting their anger at others, but then has a crisis moment where the shell slowly cracks and the character reforms into a much better person. In Mist's case, he's the survivor of two planets being destroyed and looks at Earth's many issues with condescension and bitterness (hence the often heard phrase "Everything was better on Altreem" regarding Mist), and chooses to lash out at the team members for their problems because many of their problems are things that Mist has either dealt with or is dealing with currently. With Daiya and Ruuji, Mist targets their inexperience as pilots while masking his own faults as a rookie. With Van, Mist focuses on Van's desire for avenge his wife's death while masking his own anger over failing to protect Altreem and Bezzard and wanting vengeance of his own. With Kira, Mist rightfully knocks Kira for having such a naive view of pacifism while masking his own desire to have everyone come together in harmony. This is where the first issue players have with Mist comes into play: the featured series practically let Mist walk all over them with only the bare basic of rebuttals or counterarguments, and yet Mist has these same flaws as well. We see this hypocritical protagonist character rip into his teammates left and right with little challenge from said teammates, and we're supposed to sympathize with this person? But where Mist really falls is how the game deals with his crisis moment and everything after that point.

Mist faces Gastum on the Moon and both he and the chosen female partner (either Angelica or Sheldia) nearly die during the battle. Mist then awakens his machine's Secret Magical Power SourceTM, the Crystal Heart, and defeats Gastum. In any normal case, this is where a character of this archetype begins to reflect and change around their ways to be a better person. Mist...does not; he plateaus and stays at the point on the development cycle where he's about to reform and never really budges from there. Yes, Mist's outlook on things is changed somewhat, but that jaded and hypocritical person underneath still lingers and doesn't fully go away. This reaches a breaking point in the finale where Soushi gives up his life to seal Ru Cobol away. The Fafner cast is naturally mourning Soushi's death, when Mist comes in to act like nothing big happened and ruin the moment. It becomes more offensive when you remember that Soushi just did the one thing Mist has wanted to do all game: avenge Altreem and Bezzard by defeating Ru Cobol once and for all. Mist's reaction is to gloss over Soushi's sacrifice and move onto the future, essentially undermining his journey as a protagonist because Mist's main goal turned into a footnote in Mist's eyes when he finally achieves it. And in the process, he absolutely wrecks any last glimmer of likability the player has for him.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

K does have a few secrets that can trip you up, so having a guide to lean on is helpful. Like, getting Stella and Rey involves a step where Kira has to fight Shinn, but with the added stipulation that Kira *cannot* defeat Shinn. And getting Michael and Fasalina has a step where Priscilla has to fight Carossa/Melissa before Van has to defeat the twins (and Woo) to complete the step. The only way you would even think to use Priscilla during this step is if you remembered the GunxSword episode after Carossa and Melissa die, where she chimes in with a few words of mourning. Unless there's a blurb in the stage (26A for reference) where the game gives you that hint, you're more than likely not going to have Priscilla fight Carossa.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

I've played the first five or so stages of the Masaki route and good lord that Cyflash is disgusting.

Jerid has every right to be terrified, look at this poo poo

It's weird seeing Jerid handle an enemy with the sound and logical approach.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

Goddamn, Masaki's loving timeline is easy to get lost in.
It seems that way, but not entirely. Masaki's plot goes like this:

Part 1 of Masokishin I-->All of OG until 2nd OGs (up to and including ACE R)-->Part 2 of Masokishin I-->Masokishin II to IV-->Moon Dwellers.

Basically, Masaki's plot has an extended hiatus while the OG timeline moves along (essentially making him a guest star in another story), until Masaki is given time to actually have his own side story and three sequels. Of course, once his plot wraps up, he's shipped right back into the OG storyline because reasons.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Supremezero posted:

There's one big thing about this backstory I never understood.

How in the everliving gently caress did a single meteor destroy both New York City and Washington DC.

Did it slide for 200 miles or something?
I'd like to gesture to the 1990s film Deep Impact (the one with Morgan Freeman as the POTUS and Robert Duvall as one of the astronauts trying to save Earth). Which featured exactly that scenario; a chunk of a large asteroid striking the planet off the Atlantic Coast and devastating both New York and DC (along with a good portion of the Northeast, as well). In the film, said asteroid impact was large enough to cause a tidal wave that completely submerges Times Square, meaning the wave got as far inland as at least West 42nd Street in Manhattan, a good distance from any source of water. At the same time, you only have to look at the geography of the Northeastern US and see how devastating a meteor or asteroid hitting that region would be. New York is a collection of islands surrounded by what was once one of the busiest ports of call in the country, i.e., a lot of water. DC is more inland, but there's not much geographic features (sorry Delaware) that'd stop a tidal wave like a mountain range or a canyon, so it'd get swamped as well. And for more recent events, remember Hurricane Sandy? Yeah, that dropped enough rain onto New York City that both the Hudson River and the East River (the two rivers that surround Manhattan) were able to connect into one body of water for a brief period of time.

So yeah, a meteor hitting Manhattan would be absolutely catastrophic to the Northeastern parts of the United States, let alone the rest of the country or planet. And this is all coming from someone who lives in New York City and would almost certainly be among the first casualties of such a disaster.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

My liquor cabinet is open for when the Aeon Genesis crew finally decide to give into the madness and translate Impact.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

mrfreeze posted:

Oh hell. Do you have to get all of them for the "real" ending or just a good amount? Guess it's time to dig up a guide because I'll be damned if I'm playing through again.
I'd recommend using a guide regardless simply because a couple of the skill points can be annoying. Plus, a few skill points straight up change their parameters with whatever difficulty you're on (mostly retreat thresholds and turn limits). Then, there are two versions of stages 26 thru 29 that are dependent on how many skill points you have after clearing stage 25.

My advice is never feel bad about having to resort to using a guide, because some of the older games in the series can and will find ways to dick the player over.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alacron posted:

Having never had the chance to play any OG games beyond the two GBA games, this poo poo is fascinating :allears:
There's one thing Hokuto left off of Kai's Solo Adventure. He is forced to recalibrate the controls for the Gespenst he's piloting for manual inputs and mainly uses close combat techniques (the Jet Magnum S and Jet Phantom attacks are born from this outing) against the Wendigo. And again, all of this after a night of drinking, where Kai is almost certainly operating a PT under the influence of alcohol (if not legally drunk, he's at least buzzed during the fight).

Basically, someone at Banpresto decided that for some reason, Kai Kitamura was going to make Roy Fokker look like a chump when it comes to piloting while drunk. And managed to avoid the mother of all DUI arrests, too.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm rather curious as to what Spike's unique "Cowboy" and "Acrobat" skills are about. The latter almost definitely sounds like an evasion/dodge-based skill, but I have no idea what the former would do. It makes me wonder how Spike's spirit commands and statline are going to play out; if Acrobat is evasion based, he may actually not come with usual evasive spirits like Alert or Focus and rely heavily on Acrobat for evasion.

On the other hand, good on them for making Ed into a Support Commander, but also shame on them for not making Ein into one.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

McTimmy posted:

The Bebop crew getting money of any kind is just absurd, even for SRW.
This is SRW, where the nigh-impossible can be made real, though hard work or just plain silly comedy. So seeing the Bebop crew awash in cash is within the realm of possibility.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

EthanSteele posted:

I imagine a solid lump of the DLC stages will be Bebop fun times.
I am absolutely here for Mushroom Samba ver. SRW.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MarsDragon posted:

Did he go clothes shopping with Rai?

Honestly, I would not be surprised if that was a hand-me-down from Rai that he had lying around. Like, Rai was cleaning out some stuff, found a smaller suit that no longer fit him and gave it to Ing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alacron posted:

Since my A Portable save got borked, I decided to replay J and yeah it's pretty dumb. Only 4 missions in so far and every stage you get another group expositing their series at you while completely disconnected from everything else. Even minor stuff like finding the Layzner guys on Mars and then go the shelter to get Ines, because it just wouldn't make any sense for the Layzner kids to be staying with the only other Martian survivors, no sir.

On a semi-related note, I used some cheat codes to unlock the Vorlent since I'd never used it before and... Jesus Christ were all the OG units this busted?
Vorlent and Granteed are indeed hilariously broken, especially the Vorlent once Orgone Cloud gets running. Granteed is essentially an instant delete button in its own right, but it does take a little bit of a climb to get it running (which was perfectly adapted in Moon Dwellers).

But yes, J does indeed have a case of "lack of series cohesion" that hurts things in the long run. The game is set in the Cosmic Era timeline, yet the G Gundam cast with their nuclear reactor-powered Gundams function just fine. Speaking of which, G Gundam is the one entry that really stands out as not belonging in this world, as many of the characters are introduced as "X from Neo-[Country of Origin]", and the rest of the cast barely blink at this news. Like, nobody raises the question of "Wait, what do you mean by 'Neo-Italy' or 'Neo-England'?" when Chapman and Michelo first appear. They all just shrug and go, "okay, time to fight the weird Gundam dudes". It comes off like G got crowbarred into the plot much later on in development and nobody went back to smooth things out and make things flow better.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I know I mentioned it last time it came up, but the funniest thing about G being in the game for me is that the genetically engineered superhumans whose presence inspired a war... are basically 98 pound weaklings in comparison to the regular human Gundam pilots.

Rain could probably break George Glenn in two with her bare hands.
Lest we forget that Master Asia's introduction in the game is him single-handedly beating up the Nadesico's external weapons, then leaping all the way through the air to do the same to the Archangel's weapons. And outside of the shock of Master Asia's feat, no one really asks "Wait, hold up. How in the literal gently caress was that guy able to punch a turret into a pile of scrap with his bare hands?", and just opts to treat Master Asia like he's on par with the other villains the group has fought by that point.

And yes, you the player can make this scene even more hilarious by simply moving the Nadesico and Archangel very far apart from each other.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

There'd be a Gundam dimension, a bleak as poo poo dimension, a comedy dimension, and Byston Well.
So does Garzy's Wing fall in the comedy dimension or the Gundam dimension?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Which Van?

Van the Unemployed?

Van the Freeloader?

Van that Weird Guy who Helped Out?
He will take on a new name for this outing: Van the Reason Why We Blew the Portrait Budget On One Dude.

Seriously, I expect the staff to have fun with Van's many expressions.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MarsDragon posted:

We need to have Escaflowne and Gun x Sword in the same game for maximum Van.
We'd also get maximum batshit crazy portraits with that pairing, so I also second this.

Then again, if recent titles are anything to go by, we'd somehow be able to recruit Dilandau as an ally.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus. Spike's Ace Bonus is nuts.

Enhances the Cowboy ability. +30% cash from kills from 1-19 morale, 40% for 110-119, 50% for 120 or higher.
That's nice and all, but how fast do we lose all that cash? Because as other mentioned, the Bebop crew are just as unlucky as Crowe when it comes to finances.

Also, congrats to Hokuto and Caphi. I'd give you two a giant robot hand....but I don't have access to one, so will a crude drawing do?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I half-expected Dai-Guard. I am glad that I was not disappointed.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

Harmony Gold is a fascinating company to look into because they've been doing legally questionable to flatly illegal stuff since inception. They only got into the business of trading foreign media as a money laundering scheme.
I would love to see something like a 30 for 30 on Harmony Gold, because it would probably delve into some really amazingly bizarre stuff. Like, IIRC back in...2010 or 2011, Hasbro was debuting some new Transformers models for the Seekers (read: Starscream and his posse for those not up to speed with Transformers stuff), and for some weird reason Harmony Gold piped up with a copyright infringement lawsuit because they looked like the various Macross planes. Which is one of the dumbest things possible because Harmony Gold was practically a shell of its former self by that point and here it was, picking a fight with one of the planet's major multimedia/toy companies like it was nothing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alacron posted:

I'd love to see various Build Fighters mechs get in, preferably units only so I can stick other characters into them.

Let me put Noin in the Wing Gundam Fenice
Put Rain in the Burning Gundam
Put Char in the BearGuy :v:
If that ever happens, I hope they stay true to the show and go out of their way to never properly detail the Sengoku Astray's sprite.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Zore posted:

Anyone got good Squad names for T?

I've been trying to figure out a dumb pun but have been blanking on it.
If you need a comedy option, go for "Bonsai Trees".

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

One day we'll get Captain Beecha.
We already got Captain Beecha. In a DLC stage, but still.

On the topic of D, I do find it interesting at how weird it can be at times. Like, you get the MP Nu Gundam just out of the blue in the middle of the game (unless I missed a text blurb about it), and unless you're looking through the robot roster, you're not going to see it. Then, there's stuff like the spirit command distribution, where some pilots literally do not learn Strike or Focus (hi Chronicle) and have no way of boosting accuracy. Or how Takeru pilots an instant-game-over-if-you-get-it-destroyed robot, and has no defensive spirits to prevent such a scenario from happening.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Merilan posted:

Haven't they already done VA swaps anyway, like I recall in Z1 the Godsigma main pilot was just voiced by Tomokazu Seki after his original one (Duke Fleed's VA, IIRC?) died
Several times, actually. Aside from the previous mentioned ones, Kidd and Issac from Braiger are the replacement actors, not the original VAs. Another one is Nicol's lone voiced appearance in Alpha 3, where Romi Park took over the role (IIRC, she was doing that for SEED's compilation movies at the time) as Nicol's original VA retired from voice acting after SEED finished its TV run.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are they going to use the music that originated in G Gen? Honestly I love that theme.
In the films? I can't recall any animated Gundam project using stuff from games like music tracks, so I doubt it. Then again, Hathaway's Flash is a unique case where it has been in many games but never properly animated, so it is entirely possible Sunrise does a remix of "His Name is Mufti Nabieru Eins" for the films. Or they could be lazy and just port over the G Gen music to save budgets costs, don't rule that out.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Koyasu also also to be pretty up there. Shu, Gamlin, Zechs/Millardo, Mu/Neo Abe no Seimei, Ashuham, Gym. Maybe Wilhelm from Buddy Complex too, I can't remember if he got voiced. Was Algreus voiced in BX? I can't remember if Zaied was in a voiced SRW or not.
He has to at least be in the top 5 of "most times I've appeared to voice someone in a SRW", if not the top 3 for male roles.

I think the more interesting question is who takes the top spot for female characters.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Bob Smith posted:

Patlabor, J-Decker and Dominion Tank Police together in SRW, arguing consistently about the best way to do police work.

Mostly just the Patlabor team complaining they don't get super robots or free clearance to shoot suspects with cannons.
I will only accept this if they include a Tactician system, and Gotoh is the most broken tactician in the game.

On the other hand, I'd want this if only to see the technological gymnastics that enables Bonaparte to be space-worthy.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

I can't wait for Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters to be in the same SRW as Xenogears so Mako Tsunami can be a Man of the Sea.
I want to see Yu-Gi-Oh! in a SRW, if only for Seto Kaiba's stubborn skepticism preventing him from believing the things in front of his eyes. Like, Kaiba physically cannot comprehend how Basara's music is affecting the enemy, or that any Walker Machine even functions.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

Xenogears, Daiku-Maryu Gaiking, Galient, Dunbine, Escaflowne, Rayearth, God Mazinger, let's just shove all the strange, vaguely fantasy not-Earth series in together. Hell, let's throw a couple of the Kiseki games in there too, like Zero, Ao and Trails of Cold Steel.
On one hand, I would absolutely never want Tita's mother anywhere near any of the various super robot technologies, especially stuff like Getter Rays. On the other hand, watching Estelle go to town on fools is never a dull sight.

On the other other hand, that would mean more boobs for Rean to "accidentally" fall into. Yes, up to and including such cases as KoRyu and AnRyu.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Yinlock posted:

now we just need a patch that makes getter not take 5 years to change

e: also one that makes the game good
That unfortunately is going to require some level of expertise in black magic, space/time fuckery, and bullshit luck. Or someone to translate the Complete Box version which IIRC is a little better, but not by much.

That said, you'd have to put up with Complete Box's...unusual soundtrack composition, which goes all over the place since it imported the PS1 tracks of F/F Final and not the Sega Saturn versions.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

A better example would be Genocider Machine, which somehow came out sounding like this on the PS1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

It's such a weird composition. There's the faux banjo intro, then it follows the beat up to a point, then drops down to go off and do its own thing. I will never understand why the PS1 soundtrack is so schizophrenic with how it treats songs. I mean, you have Violent Battle which keeps the core beat of the song but has weird instrumentation and pitch, Genocider Machine is...this thing, and then stuff like Heartful Mechanic tries to be...experimental, I guess? I have no answer to the garbled vocals, or what they even are supposed to be.