Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I miss ye olden Dynamic Pro shows in these games. rip Final Dynamic Special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Yeah, I'd love to see Xabungle and King Gainer return.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

When was the last time OYW shows up in a SRW game? Operation Extend? And even then, they're mashing in CCA and almost everything leading up to it because I guess people would be upset if Amuro didn't get the Nu Gundam at some point.

Personally, I'd like to see them try and do the OYW without having to hit Zeta and later at some point or incorporate an AU Gundam series, but it'd be difficult to convince people that it would be impressive or whatever. Maybe do a "beam weapons matter" thing, I dunno. When was the last time having the "beam" property on a weapon actually mattered?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah, Nadesico barely shows up these days and when it does it's just the Prince of Darkness movie.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Hunter Noventa posted:

So does someone know a better place to import from than play-asia? Not that I have issues with them, they just seem to take forever to get here.

I got the last two SRW games from YesAsia.com earlier this year, and before that I got the SRW Z3 games from AmiAmi. Took two weeks for the YesAsia order to arrive but at least they shipped it in a timely manner and gave me tracking information quickly. I vaguely recall the AmiAmi order taking three weeks and was just kinda surprised when it finally arrived.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

EthanSteele posted:

What madman made this PV.

tbh I'd do the same because I'm weird like that with ye olden super robot stuff

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Shoot all the missiles

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

SRW DD makes it seem like they aren't necessarily adverse to the idea of continuing to use ye olden '70s super robot shows. Gimme them back in a mainline SRW game you cowards

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I imagine it's a corporate mandate for Gundam stuff across the board at least. Brand consistency and all that. Could be worse, the game could be referring to Zeon as "Jion"

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

General Revil posted:

But I want to pilot my Jim and take down one of John's Zacks.

Who do you get to pilot your Jim? I recommend Kamiyu.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Are the Walker Machines from Xabungle real robots because they run on gasoline engines, or are they super robots because they run on gasoline engines?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Well that makes deciding what version to get easier.

Oh right, I forgot this was also on PS4 haha, I meant I was just gonna get the Japanese Switch version rather than the SEA version.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Mar 12, 2019

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I can't go back to playing SRW on a dedicated console. The PSP and Vita spoiled me on that. The English translation is less valuable to me than being able to take it wherever. Oddly, I didn't get the SEA version of the previous games, and I was debating on getting it on the Switch, but I'm forever destined to play these games in Japanese for another 15 years or so.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Combattler V, Voltes V, and Daimos

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Nick Buntline posted:

so, uh, I decided to try and import the switch version of T since I'd enjoyed the other games I'd been able to play (OG, fan patch, etc.) and having a physical copy seemed fun. ordered through play-asia on the 23rd, said it would ship by the 30th, arrive some time this week - sounded good to me.

contacted customer service since it was still marked as "preparing order" on their site - apparently they're suddenly out of stock until June? and a thread on GameFAQs says they've apparently sent the PS4 version by mistake to a lot of people? i've never bought from them before - is this common? did I just screw up and miss the window for not getting hosed or something?

This has happened to me as far back as SRW Z2 with Play-Asia, even with express shipping, so I stopped using them and bought the game elsewhere since. The last couple times I've purchased through YesAsia and received my copies much earlier than expected. With SRW T, they shipped it on the 22nd with the tracking expecting me to get it on the 27th. I got it on the 25th.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 3, 2019

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Nick Buntline posted:

YesAsia appears to also be out of stock of the SEA Switch version - there's apparently some on a site called BuyGame2.com? any idea if they're legit/reliable? otherwise maybe i will look into eBay stuff - can't take any LONGER to get to me, after all.

thanks for the help/sympathies.

To be honest, I pre-ordered the Switch Japanese Premium version of the game. I don't even remember seeing the SEA version on the site but I know they stocked them for the previous titles. eBay isn't a bad idea, though. I've purchased older SRW titles I didn't get the first time around from Japanese sellers and never had any issues.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I didn't notice that Noble Gundam was a repair unit until like 12 missions in because I had it going on a murder spree for the most part.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

KoB posted:

You must have skipped the part where Allenby flat out tells you shes a repair unit.

Once I noticed she had a God Finger attack my mind completely memory dumped the repair unit part.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

They should make this game anyway, screw those younger staffers.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

That sounds about right. I liked both parts of Z2, but Z1 is my favorite in the entire series, and I felt burned out by the series by the time Z3-1 was released. V, X, and T are okay but I feel like Z1 gives a good breadth of the mecha genre from the '70s to '00s. The lack of '70s stuff bums me out, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I wouldn't mind Mazinger Z Infinity as the evergreen Mazinger inclusion at this point. It'd be easy to use either with the plot or in a post-plot position. At the very least, it makes more sense/is less ridiculous than having to re-incorporate CCA's plot every game.

T was an interesting way to incorporate a somewhat different version of Armageddon but that's a whole lot of plot restructuring to get to how that ends up and it comes across about as weirdly disjointed as the Shin Mazinger version of Great Mazinger.