Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pan seared chicken breasts for dummies:
1. take some chicken breasts. Try to get ones that are of an even thiccness they're easier to cook

2. Put them shits inna bowl. Put some olive oil and whatever seasonings you like on it. Flop them around til they nice and coated.

3. Stove on medium-high. This will vary depending you your particular stove and pan your using so don't be afraid to change this. Ideally

4. Add more seasonings, out the lid on. Let it cook on one side for like 5 minutes, then flipnamd cook the other side

5. Melt some cheese on that bitch

6. scoop it up on see bread

code:

CHICKENCHEESE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

Pan seared chicken breasts for dummies:
1. take some chicken breasts. Try to get ones that are of an even thiccness they're easier to cook

2. Put them shits inna bowl. Put some olive oil and whatever seasonings you like on it. Flop them around til they nice and coated.

3. Stove on medium-high. This will vary depending you your particular stove and pan your using so don't be afraid to change this. Ideally

4. Add more seasonings, out the lid on. Let it cook on one side for like 5 minutes, then flipnamd cook the other side

5. Melt some cheese on that bitch

6. scoop it up on some bread

code:

CHICKENCHEESE

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Doc Walrus posted:

Oysters filter out pollution? :eyepop: I think I had fried oysters once and I liked it.

Oysters are filter feeders. As a consequence that tend to drag a lot of stuff out of the water. They also see use as living erosion control since the best substrate for oysters is other oysters so they do great job of anchoring the shore they're planted on.

I once worked a project in the South East where I did monitoring on newly built oyster beds. I liked that gig, shame was temporary and didn't pay poo poo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

it's a pretty funny movie

not a cinematic masterpiece but nowadays the spoof/romp genre is universally lovely because even that low bar requires more creativity and risk taking than what is the norm nowadays, so something like Half Baked and Super Troopers basically instantly gets cult status because there's nothing else

The genre spoof peaked with blazing saddles

Aged surprisingly well too.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

not only did it age well, but it keeps getting rehashed as the prime example of "movie that couldn't be made today because of THOSE SJWS" despite the fact that it's made at least a couple times a year, it's just hard to make a good crude parody movie

a proper example of this type for them to whine about would be Last Tango in Paris

Whenever they bring up blazing saddles I pretty sure theyre talking about it using the n word. Also proves theyre the exact kind of moron the movie was mocking

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda wish I could get an app that would just vomit a food to make at me.

Like no choices, no scrolling through 30 different lists sorted by style or whatever I just put in recipe that takes 30 minutes or less to make and then it says "okay your making chicken Alfredo tonight, get this poo poo and prepare it this way"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The worse thing I ever had a hand in cooking was when I was stuck doing trail work at the bottom of the grand canyon and we decided to make pasta but had no pasta sauce so we bs'd some using katchup V8 and various spices. Abominable, but it somehow worked

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite snack is snap peas straight from the bag

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gonna make blizzard soup tomorrow using bits from the kitchen 2 celebrate my work being shut down 2 days in a row

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

I wanna put the spice ball up my butt but I know I shouldn’t

that's how your supposed to carry them with you. Just nice a snug up there then you pop it out for lunch

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

sounds like extra protein to me!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol if you've never dropped a fresh rockfish fillet on a grill and watch all the parasitic worms go wriggling out,just lmao

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I use to not like mushrooms (the texture is loving wierd) until I had some chanterelles, now I only dislike most forms of mushrooms

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Puree the blueberries and make fruit leather

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

twoday posted:

What's nice food to eat when it's really hot??

Anything spicy. If it makes you sweat, good that means it's cooling you off

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Seriously what is a bank going to do with some cast iron?

Give it away in a company initiative to get their employees to open as many fraudulent accounts as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SardonicTyrant posted:

Ok, I have no idea how to cook and prepare chicken breast, it always comes out dry and gross. CSPAM, help?

I just pan sear it. out some oil on it, preheat the pan, make sure to cover it while it cooks. Stays nice and juicy so long as you don't over cook it.