Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

I make fresh pasta at work all day and the last time I did 30 pounds of ditalini i got a bicep injury. Luckily my job pays so poorly that I still qualify for medicaid. :911:

Hows that for some cspam cookin~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Doc Walrus posted:

This sushi joint I'm going to tomorrow has Camembert Tempura on the menu. I'm gonna try making my own batch but I dunno how I'm gonna keep instant-melt cheese contained in tempura batter. None of the recipes I've found say to freeze the cheese first so :shrug: we'll do it live

pretty much anything you are going to fry can be prepped and frozen ahead if time. theres no way a restaurant is breading and frying anything to order unless it’s dead simple.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Alright goons, I got my tax return, so I'm wanting to get a bread maker and possibly a good book of bread recipes to go with it. Any suggestions?

not sure how much you plan to spend but rather than a bread machine i would suggest finally throwing down on a good stand mixer. other posts have suggested a good dutch oven and while that should be a part of your kitchen you can get the same effect for bread baking by putting a hot water bath in your oven.

there’s a lot of good books out there but the one i would suggest for someone new to bread baking is The Bread Baker’s Apprentice by Peter Reinhart. the first 100ish pages of this book are basically a textbook so you can get a good grasp of the entire process and it also has a lot of good illustrations if you find the directions unclear.

when it comes to flour king arthur is worth the extra cost although you should be able to find it for less than a dollar a pound.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i grew a bunch of hot peppers but now i don't really know what to do with them other than drying them for future use. i can use maybe one fresh pepper a week for cooking, but i'm hitting the limits of my repertoire here.

you can lactose ferment them in a 3% brine. you can then blend it all together a few weeks later with some vinegar and you have a nice hotsauce.