Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheShrike

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
i was just thinking of a thread like this! i was gonna try to make a joke but i think i'm at the high level where everything feels serious, like there's a significance to the piece of gum i just ate kind of serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheShrike

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

HappyKitty posted:

Hwæt ís á penis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsz6NbyM40w

TheShrike

i thought the video was playing from another tab so when i closed that one but the hwat's kept coming i was shook

TheShrike

ordered chinese delivery for myself - beef broccoli and a starter. got two fortune cookies.

TheShrike

been on a recent quest to find those repeating video snippets that actually make oddly good music. such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfkts0u-m6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haRew2UmMLI

TheShrike

got some edibles recently, haven't taken an edible since back in portland where i had a panic attack. gonna have to overcome this fear

TheShrike

Goons Are Great posted:

I'm worried about the high status in byob lately. I hope people are rather too high to post rather than not high at all when not posting in this thread, as it kinda is our responsibility to have a reason to post here!

Work's been kicking up 100 notches for me, haven't been able to do much else :(

TheShrike

FlaxAxis posted:

oh thats it no story or anything, just a little magic moment I remember.
I used to feel that way a lot. nowadays even when something is amazing I have to try real hard to put myself into the moment, to fight the numbness. but back in those college dropout bohemian rapscallion daze it felt magical all the time. like the world was in our hands. like anything was possible. is that what nostalgia is? my life is objectively better now but for some reason the youthtimes are so wistful and indulgent to remember
am i old now

i feel the same way man, looking back at the college days and the vibrancy i felt back then just totally overwhelms all of my current experiences. maybe i'll look back on this time in the same way a decade from now? gets you thinking.

TheShrike

Luvcow posted:

warm spring night in 1996 at a party at an old farmhouse in western massachusetts
sitting with my girlfriend, who i was living with at the time, on a blanket on the grass
fire flies all around, tons of good friends, kegs of lovely beer, bottles of wine, lots of drugs
listening to a local college band play a cover of the allman brothers-blue skies into the black crows-wiser time

:love:

TheShrike

wow was i really the last one to post here? crazy.

i have no new material, maybe next time guys.

TheShrike

i guess everyone just got too high to post in BYOB, heh :smuggo:

TheShrike

hamjobs posted:

What if we got so high we got sober

Rly makes u think

what if we got so sober, we got high? maybe Siddhartha had a point... ymmv.

TheShrike

hamjobs posted:

Everyone please, calm down, I'm not high enough to post here

No - everyone please calm higher.

TheShrike

i too high
like spring bird
a goon

TheShrike

imagine how high you could get if you could add magic to the mix drat. wingardium leviosa my mind to space

adeva kadavra my conciousness

alohamora the munchies

TheShrike

HappyKitty posted:

Being high is like

Posting on internet

TheShrike

was listening to this one song, and it was getting near the end of the song so i thought it was starting to fade over to it kinda early but was like: oh cool it fits in really well they got this fade into next song thing down.

turns out it was just the song still continuing :frogdowns:

TheShrike

i've been pleasantly surprised at my solid handshake success rate in the past few weeks - think i got that technique down guys. next up - whistling

TheShrike

a dash camera recorder, but like for real life. sometimes you really just want to capture the insanity of the last few minutes

TheShrike

FreshCutFries posted:

the local medical dispensary that exploited a loophole to recreationally sell suddenly stopped answering their phone :( :( :(

maybe they got too high and forgot to pick up

TheShrike

literally just came up with this and im really proud (and i havent even taken a hit yet!)

disney+ and puff

TheShrike

prepuce repurposed posted:

how brown was it

now lets not get race involved in this please

TheShrike

prepuce repurposed posted:

I was referring to the 7-11 restroom

i was referring to the banana

TheShrike

if there's a single hint of brown they're going out sorry guys. yellow banana superiority

source: im literally waiting for these drat bananas i got to turn yellow from green it's been ages :(

TheShrike

a song of bong and fire

TheShrike

HappyKitty posted:

You ever go to a party on weeeeeeeed

you ever go on weed? feels good man.

TheShrike

hamjobs posted:

All I want in life is to be higher than I am right now

for what its worth, hamjobs, i have lifted you up in my mind beyond that point.

TheShrike

its been a while but - have you guys ever played that one game called "Project I.G.I"? was chatting with someone tonight, of course while inhabitting the plant world, and they said something i didnt get. so i was like, "idgi". for those who do not "gi" - that stands for i dont get it.

anyways so then i was like "wait i actually do gi" and was like "actually igi".

igi

I.G.I

that was my ted talk, thanks for attending.

TheShrike

Heather Papps posted:

i killed time for a while, till it started fighting back

He who fights with time should be careful lest he thereby become a clock. And if thou gaze long into a clock face, the clock face will also gaze into thee.

TheShrike

ahh the weed, its good

TheShrike

To post, or not to post

That is the

TheShrike

For once, I am not too high to not post on in BYOB.

TheShrike

Kief Richards posted:

I'm still feeling high from last night.

The high keeps on highing.

As a side note, were guys like Aristotle and poo poo hella famous back in their day? Like celebrities? I feel like we don't have crazy smart peeps like that with popularity anymore, just like a million scientists making changes but nobody SUPER POPULAR GENIUS and redesigns the way to think type of guys.

EDIT: or gals

TheShrike

tradjik posted:

if you're too high to post you're probably too high to read what other people are posting so just post whatever the gently caress you want and disregard the morons trying to forcefeed you mind trips when you're too high peace

you thought nobody would read this

TheShrike

Khanstant posted:

so youre saying theyre great weed crimes

wrimes.

TheShrike

HappyKitty posted:

Boat Drinks by Jimmy Buffett is a lament over the futility of dreaming of an Edenic paradise of pure leisure. While drinking in a bar somewhere far enough North to have snow and hockey, the "boys in the band" decide to order "boat drinks" (Buffett line 2); soon, we learn that the visitors have "scored on the home rink" and that "everything seems to be wrong" (Buffett 3-4). Here the boat drinks symbolize an economy of desire for the façade of leisure; these are "boat" drinks by metaphor, not metonymy, for there are no boats in this Northern climate, and the reification of the "boat" relies upon the listener's familiarity with both boats and drinks, and of the drinks that one drinks while on a boat. This ontological and semiotic sleight of hand suggests that the signifier itself (the inscrutable boatness of the drinks) has come to stand in for the signified object of desire, which is not the drinks, but indeed, the boat - which is itself a synecdoche of a place "where it's warm" (23). The singer, however, is not bamboozled by the boat drinks and of the many simulacra which commodity fetishism has rendered objects of desire in place of the Platonic ideal of leisure, which is neither boat, nor drinks, nor even warmer climes down South; for this economy of desire underscores the ontological impossibility of reifying leisure through the very simulacra which signify it (i. e., boats and/or drinks).

Didn't that synecdoche movie have a whole scene dedicated to explaining what a synecdoche means? This is one of those potentially self-implanted memories

TheShrike

I've done so much Jack Herer in my life I feel beholden to his legacy

TheShrike

About a 4.5

TheShrike

therefore I think

i made art the other night

TheShrike fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheShrike

Bluedeanie posted:

The grant investors are ready to appraise my research and determine if the University of Missouri will be receiving millions in new funds. As they open the lab doors, a thick cloud of smoke billows out. Once the new source of ventilation restores visibility, they see a trifold cardboard stand from children's science fairs that poses the all-important question: "you have heard of steamed lobster, but what about BAKED lobster?" Loose lobsters scuttle about the floor, snipping at puffy cheetos. A victrola stands in the corner, its needle stuck in a groove of Dark Side of the Moon. I am completely asleep in a chair, my lab coat stained with Cherry Garcia

This is amazing I sent it to all my friends. The weed adjacent ones, at least.

Achtane posted:

I had plans for today yesterday but I too ate a brownie at 830

Mis read this as had plans for yesterday, which makes sense if you believe time truly is a flat circle and we just modulus back around.

TheShrike fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 6, 2021