Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
Cherryl!!! Can you hold the ladder? God damnit Cherryl stop I said hand me the green one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

why are you making fun of me op, my kids love the christmas lights and my wife is supportive throughout my struggles to hang them

why do you hate fun so much

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
gently caress, the bulbs are out in this one.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

i guess im just having a hard time understanding why you insist on making fun of people like me and my friends in the neighborhood

do you also post complaints on nextdoor when everything isn't precisely to your specifications in the neighborhood?

are you like an HOA board member?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
*never took the Christmas lights from last year down so now I don't have to do anything*

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
*wears sweatpants to highlight raging erection while on ladder

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
*blasts T H E G A M E on the radio in the garage so loud you can hear it blocks away*

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The fact that you added an apostrophe to dads is triggering me, thanks OP.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

*huuughp* *mmmrf* puuuuh* let's see dududududuuuu *grumph* ayup just plug it inn heeeere.

Son of a gun. MARGRET HALF THE LIGHTS DON'T WORK.

"did you try the replacement bulbs?

for chrissakes WE DON'T HAVE ANY. SOMEONES GOTTA GO TO DARN THE HOME DEEPO AND GET SOMMORE.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Plays Manheim Steamroller on a boom box but doesn't synchronize the lights.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

givepatajob posted:

*wears sweatpants to highlight raging erection while on ladder

You're gonna get a letter from your Home OwO'wner's Association, they tend to notice things like this.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Dad alcoholic so lights left in jumbled pile in box inside front porch since last year

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
*kicks over ladder while on the roof, trapping himself for another Christmas*

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

First of May posted:

Plays Manheim Steamroller on a boom box but doesn't synchronize the lights.

:mmmsmug:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
was gonna help the less fortunate until i remembered my obligation to the christmas lights will consume my daylight free time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Alrighty, everything looks right, now I just gotta find a song for this bad boy.

*one hour later*

Hell yeah, this Trans Siberian Orchestra is pretty good for some new age lgb-whatever group! Susan, check this poo poo out!

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
Well thanks for nothing. And you call yourself a hardware store? All I asked for was an extension cord with plugs in both ends and I explained it to you like 3 times it was for the string lights and you just lecture on about safety and it being illegal? I'm taking my business elsewhere! I hope you like ruining my kids christmas now we have to drive all the way down to the Ace in Berkeley Springs.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
*Looks across the road from roof of the second story of my house. I can see my neighbor across the way getting pegged by a woman who isn't his wife. Oh, wait. She's there, too, working the other end...

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I wear my special doin stuff cargo pants and jacket with all pockets on like John Goodman's in Big Lebowski and kneepads and steel capped boots and I enjoy having the opportunity to use my electronic-powered staple gun that makes a very fetching whizzing noise and I secretly pretend that I am riveting a space-ship of some kind in a futuristic setting

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I'll already done

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
*Finishes an entire afternoon putting up lights. Gets down just as it's getting dark to see my neighbors rip open some boxes from Home Depot and fill their yard with giant lighted inflatable Christmas decor that move and make music.

Spends 2 hours repeatedly screaming at my family about how, "I bought one of those things 2 years ago. ONE of them, and the whole neighborhood turned the gently caress against me because they said it made the place look cheap and tacky and blower was going to keep them all up at night! Now look at them! DON'T give me that poo poo that times have changed! I spent $100 on an inflatable SNOWMAN that I had to give away to Goodwill! Look at Wilson's family over there! He spend days bitching at me over the snowman being out for one night, even AFTER I'd gotten rid of it and it was the New Years, and he's put up a God-Damned giant inflatable display of the AVENGERS pulling Santa's sleigh! God, I wish Thanos were real but that would mean half of these hypocrites would still be here loving with me..."

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Scyantific posted:

The fact that you added an apostrophe to dads is triggering me, thanks OP.

Yeah sorry I rewrote the title and forgot to remove it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
*buys one of those laser light things that make your house look like a present*

There. This poo poo is done forever

*lasers bounce all around your house and freak out the cat and blind you in your sleep*

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I read the thread title as "ITT we are suburban dads trying to bang Christmas lights"

I'm very disappointed.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
*remembers the Home Depot extension cord incident from last year*

Excuse me, where is the electrical section? My uh, car, uh block heater needs a new plug. I definitely don't intend to use the plug to make a double male prong extension cord. This cord here is for something else.

*goes home and finally plugs in the Christmas lights he put up last year*

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Watch me act out this play, look at me I'm a part of the culture, ho ho ho.

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
*places a lamp with a green bulb outside, next to the unchanged red porchlight from halloween*

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
*Uses male-to-male extension cord to electrify doorframe in anticipation of HOA postings*

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Doesn't even want to put these up. All we need is a wreath on the door, a bow on the lamp post.

But NO! The wife insists we HAVE to have a bunch of lights. She bought them, she'll stand down on the ground and direct the installation, she'll take all the credit for them, but I'm up here on the roof for 3 hours trying to get them all installed.

The critique and mockery she unleashes about my skiills, intelligence, and manhood are so painful hat even after the successful installation I found myself getting down from the 2nd story roof by jumping off.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

These suburban dad threads are always so good. So many sad and bitter middle aged goons.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

JediTalentAgent posted:

Doesn't even want to put these up. All we need is a wreath on the door, a bow on the lamp post.

But NO! The wife insists we HAVE to have a bunch of lights. She bought them, she'll stand down on the ground and direct the installation, she'll take all the credit for them, but I'm up here on the roof for 3 hours trying to get them all installed.

The critique and mockery she unleashes about my skiills, intelligence, and manhood are so painful hat even after the successful installation I found myself getting down from the 2nd story roof by jumping off.

Thus another MRA is born.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
JediTalentAgent you are really funny! I laughed aloud here in the tub numerous times thanks to you.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Well thanks for nothing. And you call yourself a hardware store? All I asked for was an extension cord with plugs in both ends and I explained it to you like 3 times it was for the string lights and you just lecture on about safety and it being illegal? I'm taking my business elsewhere! I hope you like ruining my kids christmas now we have to drive all the way down to the Ace in Berkeley Springs.

Lol, in the time you spent arguing with that Gol Danged Mil'en'yal I cut, spliced, and installed all the double male (no homo) cords I need to make this poo poo glow! Way to waste your time, chump!

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

There was a house in my neighbourhood that had this big rear end Simpsons Christmas decoration on the front of the house all year round because it was a bitch to put up. It was like a massive picture of Homer dressed as Santa getting electrocuted by Christmas lights and Bart pointing and laughing. When they turned it on Homer would flash. It was up so long that the thing eventually started to decay. They finally took it down when they wanted to try and sell the house.

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
*passes out drunk in the yard entangled in wires*

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
*in hardware store*

I got all the way across my roof and realized I strung my Christmas lights backwards, like with the plug on the wrong end. Do you have any couplers that go male end to male end?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

autism ZX spectrum posted:

*remembers the Home Depot extension cord incident from last year*

Excuse me, where is the electrical section? My uh, car, uh block heater needs a new plug. I definitely don't intend to use the plug to make a double male prong extension cord. This cord here is for something else.

*goes home and finally plugs in the Christmas lights he put up last year*

IDGI why do you need a double male prong extension cord for your christmas lights and why are they illegal

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
If you hang your lights the wrong way, you can't connect the female ends of the plugs together to get all of them to light up. Rather than hang the lights again, some people try to find a male-to-male extension cord.

If you plug that in while the lights are powered, you've got live metal prongs sticking out the other end waiting to shock the poo poo out of something.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

male-to-male extension cord

Sometimes called a widow-maker cord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

If you hang your lights the wrong way, you can't connect the female ends of the plugs together to get all of them to light up. Rather than hang the lights again, some people try to find a male-to-male extension cord.

If you plug that in while the lights are powered, you've got live metal prongs sticking out the other end waiting to shock the poo poo out of something.

Understood, thank you