Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"It's $120 now? I could save that money and use it on caramel macchiatos." :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

bradzilla posted:

"It's $120 now? I could save that money and use it on caramel macchiatos." :v:

I recently let mine lapse. Its 79€,all packages arrive late anyhow, I can't get 18+ rated games with free shipping.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Oh, time to renew amazon prime.

schmug
May 20, 2007

If you threaten to cancel you can switch it to monthly payments. I think it's $13.99/mo. You pay more for the year overall, but...

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I've been buying enough fish antibiotics on here that Prime has already paid for itself by avoiding doctor copays.

Plus I work two jobs just to make end's meet, so it's nice to buy things online and not have to use my precious free time for running errands.

YAS QUEEN SLAY! Time for some avocado toast in bulk and maybe some onesies for men! Plus I need a mustache groomer and some other dumb poo poo people say millennials love!

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
I just wait till I need 8+ things from amazon, get the 30 day free trial, order everything then immediately cancel prime.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Since I live at home, I should probably have my parents add me as a household member of their account.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Okay, renewed amazon prime. What else needs to be done today.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Arrhythmia posted:

Okay, renewed amazon prime. What else needs to be done today.

Kick that sweet Prime Twitch Sub over to Dr DisRespect in the hopes he breaks down again like a little bitch.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I can't believe they won't give me the student rate anymore with my 12 year old .edu email

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

schmug posted:

If you threaten to cancel you can switch it to monthly payments. I think it's $13.99/mo. You pay more for the year overall, but...

wait, 'but' WHAT, exactly?
Threaten not to pay them and then pay them more?

What am I doing here exactly?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Big Beef City posted:

Lmao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

:capitalism:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Who’s that lovely magazine always making GBS threads on millennials , Forbes or the Economist..probably both . They will blame Amazon only being worth 5 trillion dollars on millennials and lament that Bezos , who spends more on a security team per year than an American will make in a decade, can’t build a giant fortress made of gold and bones this year.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i love all the great benefits that being an Amazon Prime member gives me, like access to thousands of great songs through Amazon Music, and watching killer content on Amazon Video. without Prime, I am nothing! I love Amazon Prime! I love jeff bezos! i love content! alexa, tell jeff bezos THANK YOU!!!!!

schmug
May 20, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

I got auto-billed because I forgot about I didn't feel like paying 120 or whatever because I don't use nearly as often as I used to. I was going to cancel it and it gave me the option to pay monthly instead. Maybe the option has always been there and I didn't know about it.

but, yeah pretty much. lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mozi posted:

i love all the great benefits that being an Amazon Prime member gives me, like access to thousands of great songs through Amazon Music, and watching killer content on Amazon Video. without Prime, I am nothing! I love Amazon Prime! I love jeff bezos! i love content! alexa, tell jeff bezos THANK YOU!!!!!

I don't know any songs by..."GBO" on your Amazon Prime Playlist. *boodoo*

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
A small pittance for 2-day shipping on all of my orb needs

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
it’s ridiculous how much power Amazon has and will continue to grow along with Google to basically revert back to serfdom again

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Fleetwood Crack posted:

I just wait till I need 8+ things from amazon, get the 30 day free trial, order everything then immediately cancel prime.

This is literally what I did for my new PC. Saved a couple hundred euros on half price RAM and other parts. Blew all those savings on more parts.

Brexit's gonna gently caress me if Amazon.de or .nl refuse to ship to Ireland afterwards. Irish retailers will have no competition again and go back to selling HDMI cables and the like for 100 euros.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 26, 2018

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

*Posting to facebook*

“Can anybody borrow me their Amazon Prime? I want to buy Animal Crossing for 3DS but don’t want to pay the £2 shipping and Amazon are being dicks not letting me have another Prime trial. I will PayPal you the money!!

Also whilst I’m here has anyone got a Netflix password? My ex is being a dick and changed theirs!! >=[

Please share this status!”

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

MILLENNIALS ARE KILLING SHIPPING FEES!!!

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

THESE THREE MILLENNIALS ARE DISRUPTING A $100 TRILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
i did the free trial, all i got was a stupid dress up kit in a video game and a bunch of packages left at my door unannounced.

how does that poo poo not get stolen from people's porches regularly.

Does amazon brand their delivery trucks? Could be a good racket following one around.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rock Puncher posted:

i did the free trial, all i got was a stupid dress up kit in a video game and a bunch of packages left at my door unannounced.

Does amazon brand their delivery trucks? Could be a good racket following one around.
It does get stolen all the time, especially around the holidays, and no, they seem to mostly use UPS.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Rock Puncher posted:

Yes, with UPS, USPS, and Fedex. Go for it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Do nothing.

Autopay.

Rock Puncher posted:

Get the app. Tells me immediately when the poo poo arrives at my door.

oh, also :d2a:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I bought a 100lb bandsaw on Amazon with free 2-day Prime shipping; that alone was worth the cost of my subscription.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I dont buy enough anything to make it worth it

The stuff I did buy ended up coming late anyways

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Rock Puncher posted:

once you have prime you consume more, once you consume more people change the way they steal, once you become more afraid of theft you buy the most popular brand of front door camera that stores video of your home on cloud servers and sends you text messages when a leaf blows by

oh and amazon bought that door camera company for one billion dollars, its called 'ring'

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I evidently preordered the critters box set on amazon this weekend

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"maybe i should make a thread about this"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I gotta tell ya, after a long day standing at an assembly line being told I'll be fired I'll take a piss for barely enough money to make rent a week late the first thing I wanna do is kick back, watch some baking shows, and shop for smart speakers

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mozi posted:

alexa, tell jeff bezos THANK YOU!!!!!

alexa, ask the mods for a name change please!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Gotta have my Prime account. Without that fast shipping I'd be behind the curve on my unboxing videos. You can't be behind on unboxing videos. Just a day or two would see me losing subscribers and patreons to rival unboxing video makers.

*Meanwhile, planet Earth dying*

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I find it strange that Amazon became some kind of hellworld retailer that has managed to treat its employees worse than Walmart.

Also, Alexa keeps trying to seduce me with her sultry laughter in the middle of the night. I'm not okay with that.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Jerk Benzos

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rad-daddio posted:

I find it strange that Amazon became some kind of hellworld retailer that has managed to treat its employees worse than Walmart.

Also, Alexa keeps trying to seduce me with her sultry laughter in the middle of the night. I'm not okay with that.

silicon valley was always just a worse version of normal robber baron capitalism

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Better leave a note for mom on the refrigerator to remind her to renew our Prime sub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Rad-daddio posted:

:capitalism:

Just give it a few more years till Amazon is replacing government infrastructure. First it will be mail service, then gas and power and water eventually. All will serve Bezos.

• Locked thread