Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

shame on an IGA posted:

I leave all my old amazon boxes littered around my front porch and move them daily so the theives will become acclimated to the frequent disappointment and not bother to check by the time I actually buy something

Booby trap the boxes ala the early SAW movies. Film the results. Post footage online and start successful YouTube channel.

.....boom. You are the millennial now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I canceled at the end of my year because the price went up, and it turns out that now basically everything is free shipping anyway with or without prime, and ships just as fast, and the only thing that was ever good on Prime Video was Jean Claude Van Johnson which I already saw, and the free games on Twitch had stopped being any good already, so the only thing I miss out on at all is the one free ebook a month (which mostly only includes $3 ebooks anyway).

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
If you want prime for free just complain every time you order anything and they'll give you a months credit.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Wears comically oversized glasses even though eyesight is perfect?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Dennis System posted:

Wears comically oversized glasses even though eyesight is perfect?

Nah millenials all have actual myopia. It's being called a new epidemic

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I'm dumb and broke and I like to eat tide pods and

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Shamino posted:

If you want prime for free just complain every time you order anything and they'll give you a months credit.

Either that or they'll ban you

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I used it years ago for the free trial and never looked back. Thanks for the free shipping Bezos!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Radirot posted:

I used it years ago for the free trial and never looked back. Thanks for the free shipping Bezos!

Is it really free shipping if you pay for it?

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Decrepus posted:

Why do people reply if the OP is that bad

f

im a simple guy, i see threads about amazon and i poo poo in them

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
I keep meaning to renew but my ADHD diagnosis means I get distracted every time I try. Anyway gonna go watch some Jake Paul and PewDiePie vids cya in a bit

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Angelwolf posted:

I keep meaning to renew but my ADHD diagnosis means I get distracted every time I try. Anyway gonna go watch some Jake Paul and PewDiePie vids cya in a bit

Hell yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHfT2Jcz-F0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLyyBCXDkw

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

WatermelonGun posted:

is himiwako on twitch prime thing

Well is she??

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Rock Puncher posted:

im a simple guy, i see threads about amazon and i poo poo in them

Just like the Amazon driver that has to poo poo in your driveway just so he can keep his hellish delivery job.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

lol if you think the Whole Foods clientele overlaps with Twitch viewership

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I just ordered a 600gram tub of marmite for a substantial savings over the brick and mortar local vendor.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

In the last two years amazon went from being 50% untraceable word salad company name garbage to like 75%

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

In the last two years amazon went from being 50% untraceable word salad company name garbage to like 75%

Also Amazon will shadowban you if you leave bad reviews for cheap Chinese garbage

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Amazon would rather make you send products back for return and reorder if the price changes even a day later then simply refund the difference.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ruffian Price posted:

lol if you think the Whole Foods clientele overlaps with Twitch viewership

Well, they don't buy groceries since their parents do the shopping, but they do stop in for organic avocados if their parents refuse to waste money on then

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

T Bowl posted:

Amazon would rather make you send products back for return and reorder if the price changes even a day later then simply refund the difference.

That just happened to my friend. But if it's cheap enough they'll just send you the same product for free. Plus they gave me a free month of prime.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Well, they don't buy groceries since their parents do the shopping, but they do stop in for organic avocados if their parents refuse to waste money on then

the only people I’ve ever seen at Whole Foods were the elderly so I’m not really sure where this idea that millennials go to Whole Foods comes from

I’ve seen way more young people at winco then Whole Foods

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
If you said Trader Joe’s then that would make sense. Tons of millennials love Trader Joe’s

Which is understandable because it’s the only place I know of that sells a sticky-bun the size of your head

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

My Linux Rig posted:

If you said Trader Joe’s then that would make sense. Tons of millennials love Trader Joe’s

Which is understandable because it’s the only place I know of that sells a sticky-bun the size of your head

Trader Joe's is pretty cool. For the quality of their offerings, and the overall atmosphere of their store, I still can't believe their prices. Their employees also generally seem happy, too.

That being said; it's not my regular store. I have a low rent grocery store chain near me that makes me bag my own groceries and their prices are the best. It's called "Food 4 Less", but my father in law calls it "Food 4 Farmworkers" and makes fun of me for shopping there.

.....fuk him.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

My Linux Rig posted:

the only people I’ve ever seen at Whole Foods were the elderly so I’m not really sure where this idea that millennials go to Whole Foods comes from

I’ve seen way more young people at winco then Whole Foods

It's the same old story of the rich and decadent but simultaneously slovenly and debt ridden Other that is ruining an otherwise perfect society

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Nobody is saying millenials are rich...

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

*orders items with 2 day shipping*

Estimated delivery date: 5 days from order date

Hmm this is definitely worth it :hmmyes:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Colonel Cancer posted:

:capitalism:

Just give it a few more years till Amazon is replacing government infrastructure. First it will be mail service, then gas and power and water eventually. All will serve Bezos.

https://twitter.com/dominos/status/1009556605954875392

good streets are required for pizza infrastructure

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Nobody is saying millenials are rich...

No but people sure love to tell them what they should be spending their (lack of) money on.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Fear not millennial guttersnipes!
Is a Recession Coming?

quote:

To understand whether this fateful combination— high debt plus a cooling housing sector—could produce a sequel to the Great Recession, I reached out to Bill McBride, a famously prescient economic analyst and the author of the Calculated Risk blog. “I do not see any signs of a recession in the next six months,” McBride said. “I think the economy is pretty solid. Recently new home sales have slowed due to several headwinds, mostly higher mortgage rates and the new tax policy.” As the Millennial generation continues to pay down student debt and move into its peak-earning years, he predicted “further increases in new-home sales and single-family starts over the next couple of years.” His verdict: a slowdown, perhaps; but not a downturn.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Kazak posted:

Fear not millennial guttersnipes!
Is a Recession Coming?

lol idk about that. around where I live, even a six figure salary doesn't afford you a home

the housing market would have to loving crater to make it affordable for the average millenial

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

My Linux Rig posted:

lol idk about that. around where I live, even a six figure salary doesn't afford you a home

the housing market would have to loving crater to make it affordable for the average millenial

Have you tried living somewhere else?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Where I live nobody is coming close to paying off their student loans until they're roughly fifty years of age

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Have you tried living somewhere else?

oh yeah I could definitely move out to a rural town, give up half of my salary, possibly all of my benefits, and a healthy job market to get a cheap lovely house with nothing around but I think I’ll pass

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

My Linux Rig posted:

oh yeah I could definitely move out to a rural town, give up half of my salary, possibly all of my benefits, and a healthy job market to get a cheap lovely house with nothing around but I think I’ll pass

Wow look at this entitled millennial. I can practically hear the avocado toast being chewed.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

🍕 Yum 🍕

naem
May 29, 2011

DrPossum posted:

https://twitter.com/dominos/status/1009556605954875392

good streets are required for pizza infrastructure

we are truly living in the Snowcrash universe now

which is ironic because Snowcrash®️™️ was about gen x skateboarder hackers with sunglasses and ninja swords and instead we have low paying jobs, bad infrastructure and sort of a bland malaise plus some technology to distract us

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It would take millions of dollars for Domino's to fix the potholes in my city. At least.

That's why they call him Scotthole Walker.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

My Linux Rig posted:

You could also tamp down the hyperbole and live in a very large Midwest city where you could have a high salary and a strong job market, along with not totally insane housing prices. You aren't required to live in Seattle or Brooklyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

Snowcrash: Juvenile nerd power fantasy.

• Locked thread