Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

peramene posted:

##vote sal

if you want my personal opinion, "I look forward to your shitposting!" is a pretty poor choice of last words

Either way, what's up with this? Something happen, or is this just us getting on with what was interrupted two days ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

Most of the topics felt talked out at that moment, and it was Saturday and I didn't want to sit around the thread thinking about it. I checked in and asked if anyone was around for at least an hour, but no one really replied aside from CL, so I just went ahead with it.

Also

I don't think I have ever gotten your opinion on Sal, nor Chaos Lord. I don't know if you believe KB is town or your feelings about me or pera. So I don't think all of the topics were talked out, no. But do you mind address your thoughts on the remainder players in case I missed them? :)

With regards to your role, just so that I keep this straight, are you telling me that you only picked to come into the game late? No other ability? And that you didn't visit anyone last night?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kitiara posted:

I don't think I have ever gotten your opinion on Sal, nor Chaos Lord. I don't know if you believe KB is town or your feelings about me or pera. So I don't think all of the topics were talked out, no. But do you mind address your thoughts on the remainder players in case I missed them? :)

With regards to your role, just so that I keep this straight, are you telling me that you only picked to come into the game late? No other ability? And that you didn't visit anyone last night?

I have in one form or another, but for the sake of summing it up:

Sal: I still have trouble believing b- swooped in to save his scum buddy by self immolating. That still looked like him throwing dirt on sal to bury him the next day when he flipped, which probably would have happened had the whole business with MMT's track and bif hating herself to death hadn't come up. As frustrating and scummy as his actions around his role have been, I don't see him as scum

Clord: His vote for b- vs sal at end of D2 is still the stinkiest thing to me thus far. Leaning scum

Kit: I felt the same way about you until KB explained your feelings in mason chat re: wanting b- over sal. Lean town

KB: Town. He's been way more aggressive this game and is playing like King KB from shine V, which he essentially is. I also think he would have argued harder to keep going for Sal D2 if he had to choose, he didn't have much reason to change his vote there as scum when he did. Lean Town

pera: I don't see a lot of strong reads about anyone beyond pera-posting and lots of pikachu's. I said yesterday that I'd like it if someone could really vouch for her from the masonry because I haven't seen much in thread that points to any of her feelings re: Solus and b-. Lean evil.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And yes I actually signed up for this game just so I could pull the "nah I'm not actually going to play" gag and show up day 3. It's a variation on what I had wanted to do in Winefia before Humalong rudely murdered me N1 just before I was going to abscond for a while. Now I got to play it out. It was fun. I don't have any other powers.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm assuming a lot of conversation has happened in the masonry, so it would be nice to hear that group's thoughts.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The group thinks we know the final 2 scum and are ready to proceed.

With one weird caveat. Don't want to steal anyone's thunder though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm going to go try playing Ashen with my son right now though, so back later after that has probably happened.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

And yes I actually signed up for this game just so I could pull the "nah I'm not actually going to play" gag and show up day 3. It's a variation on what I had wanted to do in Winefia before Humalong rudely murdered me N1 just before I was going to abscond for a while. Now I got to play it out. It was fun. I don't have any other powers.

Can you explain why did my investigation of you last night come up as "Max has the ability to kill"?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

:/

Kitiara posted:

Can you explain why did my investigation of you last night come up as "Max has the ability to kill"?

Either your investigation is wrong or you're lying.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Max posted:

I completely forgot about this game and had to spend a quick minute thinking about it

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes, I had the ability to leave the thread during the night, and could then eventually choose when I would return to the thread. I had planned on posting a photo of Gandalf right before deadline of D1, then absconding for like, 4 days before coming back. But then Nat20 did a day ending day vig 6 hours into day 1 so I couldn't post the photo, and then you did a murder on me. It was all very rude.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

"With one weird caveat" sounds like part of a clickbait headline

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh also Nat20 visited me last night.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm assuming those were his trousers, at least.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

Either your investigation is wrong or you're lying.

Sorry, but this is not it. My investigations have been as follows:

Night 1: Nat 20 = cannot kill
Night 2: Rhj = cannot kill
Night 3: CL = cannot kill
Night 4: Max = can kill

Considering that Nat20 and Rhj both flipped town, and that the only powers known to gently caress up investigations (bif and jimmy) are dead. I am very inclined to believe that you, and not CL, is scum.

##vote Max

Max
Nov 30, 2002

peramene posted:

also, not allowing solus to "pass" now makes perfect sense, so max i guess killed solus somehow

Also:

Asiina posted:

Murmur Twin, The Craps Wizard, Self-Aligned Roll Madness has died N3.

It is now D4.

On the subject of not passing

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kitiara posted:

Sorry, but this is not it. My investigations have been as follows:

Night 1: Nat 20 = cannot kill
Night 2: Rhj = cannot kill
Night 3: CL = cannot kill
Night 4: Max = can kill

Considering that Nat20 and Rhj both flipped town, and that the only powers known to gently caress up investigations (bif and jimmy) are dead. I am very inclined to believe that you, and not CL, is scum.

##vote Max

Hmm but I can't kill.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Excited to see who jumps on me here.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

Either way, what's up with this? Something happen, or is this just us getting on with what was interrupted two days ago?

pera saw Sal trying to kill me last night; we have no idea why I am still alive. You're all masonry caught up.

I'm happy to vote you (got a 'can kill' result) or Sal. Since my guesses are that the scum team is either you and Sal or you and pera. I'm leaning towards the first due to the fact that pera has been straight up honest, whereas Sal has been posting like scum all game. However, you are the common denominator on my scum guesses.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What about me, besides a result, makes you think I'm scum?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh good pera saw a kill happen.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I definitely trust that.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Max posted:

What about me, besides a result, makes you think I'm scum?

First of all, the result carries most weight. Putting it aside there's the fact that you entered late in the game and I thought this would be beneficial to scum since by now most investigated roles have died. Additionally, I found this particular post to be very scummy:

Max posted:

Alright well

It's Saturday night, and the feelings right.

##vote yami

Oh what a night

With regards to this:

Max posted:

Oh good pera saw a kill happen.

Max posted:

I definitely trust that.

pera has been honest to the masonry all game and she has correctly said who has tried to enter the masonry and who has left. There is the potential that she is scum, but I didn't serious considered until she said that Sal tried to visit me and somehow I'm still alive. This made no sense.

My scum radar says Sal > Max > pera > CL > KB > me.

The only reason I'm not voting Sal is because a. he already has a vote, b. I wanted to put pressure on you c. I got a "can kill" result from you and haven't read Sal and d. I'm scared that I've been tunneling on Sal way too hard.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, I think quite a few of you have been tunneling Sal this whole game but that is neither here nor there at this point.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But I also don't really do things like leave an investigative role alive near endgame that's in a tight nit masonry.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

When I'm scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

From what we can tell, you tried not to.

Sal visited Kit. He has no other movement actions per Nat20 besides a kill.

Sal was the sacrifice, you guys know already that pera sees who visits the masonry, but you couldn't leave Kit alive to cop you.

This seems open and shut to me honestly.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

For the record, Ashen multiplayer kinda sucks bad. Hopefully they make it easier with a patch or something.

The game seems fun though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Then how did Nat20 die?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anyway, the one weird niggle was that kit wasn't dead. So it opened the door to the possibility that pera is lying to us.

Given that, I was fine going with Kit's result first, and voting you, Max. Since I have full confidence in her results at this point.

But I'm pretty sure, pera is not leading us astray here, she just hadn't shared that part of her power(secret trysts).

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And it seems decidedly not open and shut to me

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I was given a 1 shot watch and used it on Kit. My result was:

You see yourself visit Kit

It's possible I was mind controlled.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Then how did Nat20 die?

You killed him with the normal scum kill. And Sal used his inherent vig power which wasn't actually 1 shot.

Or Hum is really a secret death fucker.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

But I'm pretty sure, pera is not leading us astray here, she just hadn't shared that part of her power(secret trysts).

What?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

You killed him with the normal scum kill. And Sal used his inherent vig power which wasn't actually 1 shot.

Or Hum is really a secret death fucker.

Listen here, worm tongue

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

For the record Max, I thought you were super towny, until you did the same thing Nat did and decided not to participate in the game.

You even had us wait all day because you were out, which was totally fine. But then just hammered.

Nat, I had resigned myself to just not caring about victory. But that wasn't a move I expected from town Max.

I still would have gone for Sal first today without Kit's result though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

I was given a 1 shot watch and used it on Kit. My result was:

You see yourself visit Kit

It's possible I was mind controlled.

No one has claimed this ability. We are all full claimed and all roles are flipped except for Hum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

For the record Max, I thought you were super towny, until you did the same thing Nat did and decided not to participate in the game.

OK.

I came back and was waiting around for a while last night. You didn't have to wait for me if it was such a terrible bother to see the almost certain flip that was about to happen.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

OK.

I came back and was waiting around for a while last night. You didn't have to wait for me if it was such a terrible bother to see the almost certain flip that was about to happen.

This is the most dishonest argument I've ever seen from you.

You know darn well what I would have been expecting from a town you at that point. Reads, evaluations of all the conversations and back and forths that had happened. Current scum thoughts, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

No one has claimed this ability. We are all full claimed and all roles are flipped except for Hum.

Then someone is lying about their claim. Nat20 confirmed what I said is true about my claim.

• Locked thread