Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Asiina games are good games. I'm in!

Also, I always wanted to be a Sailor Scout.

Mafia edit: Gaaah, I really should read the whole thing before posting. Please ignore the message above and count me in as a replacement if you need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

Its still open for sign ups!

Oh great, thank you!

In that case, I'll sign up.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Yay! I'm pretty happy to be back on mafia (one week break felt way too long), and pretty pumped with my role.

I'm going to get the game going and ##vote imgay . First time is chance, second time is coincidence, but third time is a pattern. imgay always costs town games, so we're doing this. Sorry, hun.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

##vote kit

Far far far FAR too serious of a vote. Please unvote and we can pretend this never happened and resume jokephase tia

I thought that was the whole thing about day 1? Far out.

##unvote

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

imgay posted:

I'm hurt Kit tried to excise the jokephase of a CYOR game, have they ever played a CYOR role?

Not at all. Isn't it the same town vs scum though? How does it differ?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
What the?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

imgay posted:

Its a shame so many good townsman died before I could recruit them into my coven

So are you really a cult recruiter? Can you give us more information on the perks of joining you?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Come one come all! I got craps, seven, eleven, C&Es, ETs, hi-lows, horns and hop bets. Try your luck and win a buck!

Welcome miss! I wish you the best of luck, not that you need it.

COMING OUT, dice are out

##roll Bif :rolldice:

I'll take hi-lows.

I don't know wtf is going on in this game, but I am sure glad to be part of it.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

I am in a bar drinking good beer, friends

Is the combination of figs, carrots and apples common over there?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

I won’t vote imgay

Explain why? All his posts seem scummy as. All of them!

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

It's strange that Sal claims to just be vanilla, then. Is he just that confident in his Mafia ability?!

For whatever it’s worth, I found this post to be quite scummy. It felt like bif wanted people to start suspecting Sal, but without committing to a vote or directly accusing him.

Not that I necessarily believe Sal’s claim, but the phrasing of that post pinged me.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Haha! You haven't voted me either, Kitiara-san!

I would gladly be a stepping stone for the town. But if someone were to take advantage of how I'm hard to understand, and use that to craft a fake case of despair... that I would never forgive.

##vote Kitiara

Lol you’re voting me just because I called out one of your posts? There’s no case there at all. Do you really think I’m scum?

I’m a relatively new player and I’m trying to learn, but every game I feel like I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t. I was told to not just say “I find bif suspicious and instead quote exactly what rubs me the wrong way. I was giving you a chance to respond before voting for you. Your response didn’t sell me as town, but it was probably more aggressive than what i think scum would be so I’m still not voting for you, but will be carefully watching your posts. Ta.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

Multiple people have expressed feelings that Sal looks scummy, how do you feel about the others?

It's 1:20am, so I'm on my way to bed. I may be wrong, but the other posts were mostly people quoting his VT claim and calling BS on it. I didn't think they were trying to make it out to be that he was scum.

I can quote a few of imgay posts tomorrow, but imgay has openly admitted to be a recruiter (aren't those third party) and therefore not town? Additionally, his whole role (Vampire?) doesn't seem townie.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

I know one very good reason Humalong wouldn't have cast a vote!

Haven't you noticed yet, Yami-san?

Holy hell. I really didn’t think outside the box enough when choosing my role.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

In any case, apart from Kitiara I think we should also consider b-minus and jimmy today.

Kitiara-san, what do you think of those two suggestions? Who are your own scum picks, and are they as bad as imgay?

I think my biggest scum pick would be imgay. He might be joking about his role, but at the very least it sounds 3P and not town. B- I can’t really read, but Jimmy seems to be lurking a lot more than normal/when he is town. I just woke up (11:30am :wink: ), but I’ll switch to the pc and read through b-, imgay, yourself, possibly pod and and Jimmy.

Humanlong was starting to ping me, but surely scum couldn’t be Lynch-proof. So I’m assuming he’s town.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

imgay posted:

Its a hard life being a vampire.

What does it mean for you that you didn’t post in spoilers? Did you get killed by the sun? Also, what’s your win condition?

Re: imgay, I read the posts and he’s always consistent about being a vampire, do people really think he’s town?

Re: humanlong, I’d like to see if this works:

##vote humalong

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

##vote imgay to free Yami from his terrifying compliment prison.

Complimentison?

Complison?

Prisoliment?

What do you think about this post, Yami?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
How do I quote the list of posts per player?

I’m basically suspicious of the current lowest posters:

Natural 20 and Jimmy. Specially the latter, since he tends to post a lot as town.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

Has Rhjamiz even posted yet? I think a lurker lunch is the best idea today

He has very very few posts. I’d feel comfortable with a vote on him, but I think a vote of Jimmy and Natural 20 feels better.

I don’t know what to make about not being able to vote you, but I’ve resigned myself to be totally confused this game.

##vote jimmy

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Lynching a lurker gives us no information

Well yes, which is why I prefer the other two over Rhjamiz. I think hiding behind lurking is a great scum strategy, natural 20 has a scummy looking post and I already said that I think jimmy posts a lot more as town.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Rhjamiz posted:

Beyond your opinion that they're scum, I'm confused why you think they're going to yield better infotainment?

I already explained my position on why I had the scum opinion of them. Yeah it’s gasping at straws a bit, but it’s day 1. It’s not like we have a lot to go on. I don’t think that lynching that would yield better info than lynching you but I think there’s a good chance that one of them is scum. I think that letting lurkers go free because “we won’t get any info by lynching them” isn’t a good strategy. Scum take advantage of lurking and you can normally find them in lurkers.

I still imgay’s weird vampire thing is possibly third party and the better lunch today. I’m leaving my vote on jimmy for now though to see how he responds to it.

How about you? What are your thoughts on players?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

imgay posted:

look at votefinder

Kitiara posted:

What does it mean for you that you didn’t post in spoilers? Did you get killed by the sun? Also, what’s your win condition?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

I'm currently suspicious of the British person who's asleep and can't post.

I’m in Australia. I know time zone difficulties are a thing. I called out both you and jimmy (who is also uk Timezone) because of your lack of posting. It’s been over 48 hrs since the game started and there were 24 hrs between your last posts. So please don’t make it out to be that I called you out while you were sleeping.

Can you give me some reads while you’re here?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

It’s suspicious to me that your read on b- is “I can’t read him” and then you go on to case a bunch of other lurkers

Fair enough. The truth is that I’ve played with b- for a few games now and I’ve been completely sure that he’s town on games where he was scum and viceversa. I read through his posts and there’s little content there but at least he’s posted a bit more than normal (does that make him more likely to be town? Or scum? :shrug: ). Its day 1 we’re all gasping at straws.

My best vote for today would be imgay. I put pressure on natural (who to be fair I didn’t know was asleep) and Jimmy (who I’m used to his posting a lot), because they were lurking and lurking is bad for town.

##vote imgay

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

Plus, trying to get solid reads on day 1 is difficult for me, especially with this game where flavour is all over the place and I’m finding it hard to discern the non-serious posts to the serious ones.

I can relate to this, but can you tell us who you are leaning on at the moment?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

I need more time to read the thread. Not 100% sure how I feel about the b- vote. While I can see how it began with the whole "I think Sal is scum but not state any reason why", I am apprehensive of how it got to -2 relatively quickly.

Did you mean b- or imgay? B- is actually at -5 at the moment. I agree that the b- vote kind of escalated. imgay votes makes sense (if b- becomes option #2, then there's a good opportunity for imgay to save himself), but bif's post felt a bit scummy. MMT's case on b- is that he said "they played a few games since fate mafia".... and he said "I felt pings on Sal". I agree that the latter really came off as scummy, but the first was a bit grasping.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I literally commented on this earlier. Please pay attention.

Sorry! Just read it and I can say that I agree with it.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

How interesting!

Kit had only weak suspicion of me before. They walked it back a bit, seeming to decide that I could be town who just looks scummy.

And despite their suspicion of me, Kit had no problems agreeing with me about someone else, in the case of jimmy.

But when I bring up b-minus, suddenly I sound scummy again.

Things are really getting exciting!

lol this is me in a nutshell, and I can't stop doing it despite getting called out on it every game. I'm a confused mess in general, but I think it steams from my "always seeing both side of the argument" personality. I'm a very agreeable person! A person might be trash scum, but I'm sure there don't lie about everything!

Anyways, I'm sure that I say and do things all the time which in hindsight might seem scummy. I see it happening to town players all the time (since scum are normally a lot more cautious than we are), which is why I try to not let it all hang on one scummy sounding post.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Kitiara posted:

A person might be trash scum, but I'm sure there don't lie about everything!

Adding to this, as town... I have absolutely no certainty that you are scum, so despite my gut feels, I acknowledge that I may be wrong about them and agree with the things that a scummy sounding player is saying. Then hopefully other players can comment on those interactions and they can open up conversation.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

Hello I am here, just finished a full reread and will be around for a bit before I need to drive home

Quickfire feelings:
- imgay submitted the same role for a previous CYOR game that I can’t find easily on my phone. Imgay which one was it, if you recall? Regardless I think the meta related push on him lacks value especially with existing day 1 content being pretty good! I am suspect of people who are staying on that to the exclusion of all else and would like comments from those currently voting him: b-, KB, nat20, chaoslord, and Kit. Thank you!
- town reads on Jimmy (yes reversal of prior statement), Bif, and MMT.
- I see the b- vote and could go that way, but I’d like people to look at pera. She hasn’t voted a single time today and her posts feel uniformly manufactured to be sidelong comments without laying down actual game opinions.

I just woke up, but I'm going to quote this post here and comment on a few things that called out to me about it.

- You quote that CYOR game like it is a strong reason to not vote imgay, which fyi: most of us don't know about and as such couldn't consider it, and when looking at said role... it absolutely does not set it on town. At the very least, it'd make the game (players full of spoiler tags) more annoying for everyone.

- You say "at exclusion of all else", but do not highlight what is exactly the "all else?". Where's the solid case we should be focusing on instead of imgay?

- Town reads on Jimmy, bif and MMT. MMT I can see, and bif I can sort of understand due to your follow up post (not this one), but Jimmy has barely posted in the game. Care to clarify?

- You ask us to have a look at Pera and then drop it quickly and only push for me.

- You say "I am suspect of people who are staying on that to the exclusion of all else and would like comments from those currently voting him: b-, KB, nat20, chaoslord, and Kit.", but then say:

Podima posted:

This is fair and I appreciate you taking the time to elaborate. Could you please look back at Kit, pera, and B-?

conveniently dropping Natural 20 (who seems more and more scum to me), CL and KB.

You have also said both of these things:

Podima posted:

Forgot from original post, would also look at Kitiara - there’s the newbie aspect to consider but a lot of her jumping around of opinions doesn’t feel natural, as well as her settling on some lurkers (but not others) before going back to imgay.

And:

Podima posted:

I also don’t really see how Kit’s defensive post in return (over a single vote) makes her look at all better than Bif. It is worth pointing out the scum tendency to try and carefully craft their posts to avoid suspicion (eg. Manufactured posts) which is mostly what jumped out at me from the same qualities you call “levelheaded” in her reply.

If I was manufacturing my posts, I would not be jimping around on opinions. Also note that I explained why I settled on 2 lurkers rather than all 3, those two seemed suspicious to me rather than the 3 who just wasn't posting (and I think will fall into lurker gun on day 2). You neglected this bit. You also did the same thing by ignoring Natural 20, CL and KB as above.

I've noted this before and I jump around opinions and thoughts a lot. It's my personality. So it's either this (which I don't like, since it makes me look confused and dumb) or go back to my lurker self.

I disagree with all of those things above, but even with that I can acknowledge the good comments you've made. How is that not natural? I'm jumbled because I'm town and I can see how most of you could be scum or town.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

Kit, among many other things (jumping around to call out some lurkers but not others) why are you hunting 3p instead of scum here?

I think this is a good point. I have learned (most recently from that Verge game) that 3P is very dangerous to have around. They're upping the kill range every day and making the game end a lot faster, which only benefits scum. So although imgay's role seemed more 3P than scum, the vampire aspect of it felt scummy to me too. So from my perspective, imgay is not town... he's either 3P or scum and given that I don't have any information on any other player so far (this is day 1 remember), then I am happy to lynch him.

imgay just picked a role that has absolutely no benefit to town, when he could have chosen anything! This is why I agree with KB that even if imgay is town, he doesn't really have our best interest at heart.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

Wait wait wait

The ULTIMATE LIFEFORM?

Since my post, you should have had a good number of hours to come in the game and try to help us catch scum. Since then you've come on and posted 3 joke posts, a couple of unrelated posts and a response to my question (which was appreciated). So I think Natural 20 is my second pick for scum.

Also, I'd like to point out that yes I am suss about Rhjamiz too, but he should be a free lynch tomorrow.

I'll also agree with MMT that Solus vote on b- was weird. It seemed like trying to get momentum going on b- and away from imgay.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

I mean it's D1 so forgive me for not wall of texting based on nothingposts from most people. I'm not running with my casefile this game so I'm not judging people relative to their meta posting either.

What I do find interesting is you wrongly stating what the lurker lunch rule is.

Cheers. I completely missed the lurker lunch rule. Fair enough on the rest of the post.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

My rationale is that out of the three of imgay, b- and Yami, I found yami to be the most suspicious. I agreed with what MMT had to say with regards to him and so what originally was a joke vote changed into an actual vote for him. It’s not like I went out of my way to try and mould the joke vote into something serious. I agreed with what MMT said made Yami look suspicious and I’m more comfortable throwing my vote that way than b- or imgay.

Going to sleep now cause I have work tomorrow.

Dude. We’re 2 hrs from deadline and you’re placing a vote on yami who has 0 other votes. We need to endure a no lunch.

This response seems completely unlike I’ve seen from town Jimmy. You’re either scum or are playing a different style of game, and although I can’t tell which it is; I’m currently leaning scum.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

Thank you again for taking the time to respond!

Thank you so much for your response too! It's my first game with you, and you exceed all expectations :D.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

I disagree with this pretty firmly, actually - jumping around on opinions and seeing what sticks is a pretty scummy thing to do! That being said, I acknowledge that that could be your style and I'm unused to it. Given that others don't seem to share the same suspicion, I'll take a step back and reevaluate. Thank you again for taking the time to respond!

I forgot to comment that I feel that this is entirely fair and something that I hadn't considered. Thank you for phrasing it that way.

As scum, I used to a. post less b. read my posts a lot (as well as previous post to ensure they were consistent) and c. run the posts by my scum buddies. I assumed that was natural scum behaviour and posting a lot without giving your post thoughts was the townie thing to do. I'll try to moderate myself and be better, but I'm generally very scattered brained so I can't promise total consistency.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

imgay posted:

e z p z, my biggest scum targets are bminus, kb, and clord. all they done all day is tunnel me i mean what the gently caress. and they you get kit who has a clear misunderstanding how this poo poo works and is being a real jerk. Then you got mmt who falling into same trap as kit i mean wtheck she knows better, jimmy and yami are like the same thing non commital voting not gonna be here for deadline noise loving poo poo is useless. Everyone else is just having fun and posting, i don't really mind them

I don't know how serious you are here or not, but I never intended to be a jerk. So I apologise for coming across as one. I haven't played a CYOR mafia, so I'm obviously going to be getting a few things wrong and hopefully do better in the next one.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

I’m putting my vote onto ##vote b- cause it looks like Yami isn’t gonna get any momentum and I feel like my hand is being forced to vote for one of the front runners. Yami >>> b- > imgay is my current vote preference.

You've voted for b- over imgay, despite b- declaring a role that is useful to town and can be verified later on vs imgay who has declared a role that offers 0 benefit to town. If you're really not wanting to vote for either of them, at least vote for the one that has claimed a more useless role. No?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

imgay posted:

don't assume since someone has a towny role means they are town, there is a disconnect between role and allignment this game

Rhjamiz posted:

I'll help out here; roles aren't indicative in this format. Unless you're basing this purely on role with no mind to alignment, in which case, carry on.

I'm sorry. I know I keep doing this. It's really hard to make that disconnect.

In this case, I did mean that role to role, b-'s is at least useful. It may not tell us his alignment, but he will continually offer town information which can help catch scum or verify town or gently caress him up if he is scum. The same can't be said for imgay's role.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Hmm... a few people seem to have said this, but it doesn't sound quite right, does it? No one paid much attention to MT's case on B- at all until I brought it up. I even mentioned how disappointing it was, that it was being ignored!

Then once people finally started paying attention, and one or two more people voted b-minus... all of a sudden, everyone is so worried now about his momentum being too fast. Even though he's still not come close to the momentum on imgay!

I can't help but find these reactions suspicious, you know?

I see your point, but those votes (2-3) for b- came over the space of a couple of hours. I was around when it happened, it just felt really sudden. It calmed down a lot once MMT brought attention to how quickly it was happening, but he has only received votes since. Whereas, imgay has been sitting on five votes for nearly 24 hrs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Podima posted:

checking in here and there, I am annoyed that nobody seems willing to entertain a non-imgay or non-bee option but will vote imgay between the two.

I believe that you noted before that last minute rush votes/lynches were not good to town. Anything other than imgay or b- right now would be a last minute rush vote. Like I am more than happy to entertain another vote, but realistically speaking I don't think we'll get lucky and catch scum with a rush vote right now.

• Locked thread