Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Maybe it's because I'm so tired, but I'm really having trouble following this game which is not something I typically have an issue with.

I'm going to make a leap here and trust that MMT is being truthful about what Pere said in their masonry.

I would like to hear more from Yami before I make any decisions.

Mafia edit:

Podima not PerA. I knew I should've double checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

Now that Yami has started posting maybe Sal will come back and wow me though.

Wow this post seems really aggressive O_o from you.

I'm sorry that you feel like I'm not playing my town game. I'm having a little trouble getting my feet underneath me with all the crazy roles.

I feel better about Yami (although I wasn't super suspect on them to begin with). I took no night action so I have no results to really talk about.

I'm also interested to hear more about B- results.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
God job scum. I can't roll my eyes back any father than they already are.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote KB

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

So that's all you got? To put words in your mouth, since you aren't doing it, you are positing that I am scum leading a charge on supposedly town you? Are the other votes townies who were fooled? Or are they also scum?

If they aren't scum, who are your other scum picks?

I'm not sure who is town and who is scum. I feel like you are playing an aggressive game with me and I'm not sure why. So that's why Im voting for you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

peramene posted:

this is such an anti-town mindset that it may as well be 3p, babe

:shrug:

Can't help how I feel.

##unvote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm not sure if you are scum or not, my vote was OMGUS, so it's whatever and why I unvoted.

I thought the "Maybe Sal will come and wow me!" was a little excessive since you had got your point across through the body of your post. I can see scum jumping in for an opportunistic lynch. So yeah, I'm at work the rest of the day, probably will respond intermittently from here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ok.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
When I flip town just keep track of who voted for me and who lead the cuddle.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Its also frustrating that my joke vote on MMT was scrutinized more than Peras vote on me was.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm Simon the Digger (Gurren Lagann). I was a Hider since my bro Jon Joe was alive. When my bro is killed I get a revenge kill that is a Juggernaut kill called Giga Drill Break. However since the person who killed my bro also died I'm sort of left with nothing :-/ since Retro killed himself. I can only use my kill on the person that killed my bro (so there is a certain degree of guessing involved) and if I guess incorrectly my kill fails (as Simon would never hurt anyone that didn't wrong him). Like I said I wasn't very creative (which I think is part of why I'm a little "meh" on this game, because my big moment to Giga Drill Break someone was over in the first hour the game was open.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Because I was joking like I said half a dozen times

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Breadcrumbs (Posted shortly after Jon Joe was killed, this is the quote that Simon says when Kamina dies)

SalTheBard posted:

That day we lost something that could never be replaced

More breadcrumb with drill and beastman references

SalTheBard posted:

I'm going to get drilled this game. But at least it will be fun. Some of you sound like real beasts!

More breadcrumbs

SalTheBard posted:

I'm going to do the impossible this game. I'm going to play a good mafia game

SalTheBard posted:

I'm towniest town. My whole purpose in life is lead town to victory. My drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens.

SalTheBard posted:

Fight the Power!

VT is a joke

SalTheBard posted:

My Vanilla claim is a joke. In a game where I could be anything I came up with something I thought would be fun.

SalTheBard posted:

VT is my least favorite role in mafia

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm going to go with B- here since it seems like my only avenue of getting it of this day alive and ##vote kb

I'm not going to change it unless something damming comes out.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t know the identity of the other person and have spent all day trying to get that person to out themselves. You are the only one that seems interested in the mystery person which makes me think it’s you.

:facepalm:

loving hell.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##unvote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t know the identity of the other person and have spent all day trying to get that person to out themselves. You are the only one that seems interested in the mystery person which makes me think it’s you.

King Burgundy posted:

So you lied about being a watcher?

As evidenced even just recently by Rhj voting you and asking and MMT asking, I am not the only person. So that is also a lie.

A bunch of us have asked because you volunteered that you had some pretty vital information. KB is right that you are misrepresenting facts here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I voted B- yesterday and am ok voting B- again.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

chaoslord posted:

It's times like these I wish I had just picked dayvig

You and me both.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

Fwiw, I asked you the same question and you still haven't come back with an answer:

I can ask it in the form of a vig if that would help. You have 3 day vigs. Who would you use them on and why?

In terms of Vigs my 3 targets would be:

B-
You
Rhjamiz

I really don't like B- gambit today, although it's so hilariously bad that I would have to imagine that scum team would be like "dude WTF are you doing."

KB - We have established that I think you lean scum

Rhjamiz - I feel that Rhjamiz is lurking scum.

Of the 3 of you I would do B- first (was my target yesterday, continues to be target today), Rhjamiz (if anything it would put a lurker on the hot seat) and then you (You are probably the one I'm most unsure of, but in my eyes you lean scum).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My folks needed me to come to their house after work today so my apologies for the delay in answering your question.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

I've given up on bminus answering. I mean, it's obvious he is scum here so I don't blame him for mostly ghosting things. If he ever responded with scum reads I was also going to ask him his thought process picking that role/etc. But now we are under a day till deadline(20ish hours) so it is time to start winding things down. Posting probably my final thoughts.

Ok so put your vote on him if it's obvious he's scum.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

So, are you confirming that you think I'm scum now? Or is this just a self preservation vote.

It was a vote because I was assuming at the time that B- had some sort of ironclad proof you were scum. That was why I unvoted after he came out with his claim.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't have an ironclad read on you, you lean scum to me. What I said earlier about "I'm not sure if you are town or scum" is true. To me you lean scum. So I'm not lying. I don't know why you think B- and I are coordinating with each other.

I voted B- yesterday, and am probably tunneling a little too much on you and B-. It's clear that you are not a viable target so of course I'm going to save myself and vote B-.

What I find super loving hypocritical from you is that you have no real case on me, but you seem so goddamn sure about B-, but yet won't vote for B-.

It wasn't until yesterday that you "got scum vibes" from me, but haven't really put onto post why you think I'm scum. So vote for B- or vote for me, but I'm really tired of this back and forth with you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote B-

I'll see you guys in 10 1/2 hours

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

But I know that I am perhaps expecting miracles here.

You and I have played several games together and you know that I hold you in high respect.

I've never seen you post passive aggressive comments like this. I feel line you are being really aggressive towards me with no real reason. I can handle being the focus of attention that's fine. But I feel line these comments are different from what you normally post.

These are the kind of comments I would say to someone who I have complete and utter contempt for.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Line = Like.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

Agreed. If he ever becomes part of the game, he's near the top of my list.

---

Speaking of top of my list though, I've been getting some scum vibes from Sal. This doesn't feel like his town game.

##vote Sal

Now that Yami has started posting maybe Sal will come back and wow me though.

This was the post that started everything. This was well before you asked me for any scum reads.

Maybe I didn't mention it yesterday but I was at work late yesterday and then went to my parents. I didn't really have time to sit down and gather thoughts regarding the game which is why it took me so long to answer.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm very interested in this question too, binus-san!

King Burgundy has kept his vote on Sal instead, right? He seems to be very reasonable about weighing his suspicion of you against a better option, and yet your case on him... seems to be only an OMGUS vote.

Yeah. I freely admit that. That's also why I'm not voting KB and would want to cuddle B- instead.

Also KBs whole case is "This doesn't feel like Sals town game"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
1.What makes you lean scum on me? - You weren't even on my radar until today. But your sudden switch to tunneling on me has given me a real pause. I would assume that any time you are town and someone is pushing you, the logical assumption (at least time me) is that that person is scum trying push a cuddle on a town player. You lean scum to me because you are trying to push a cuddle on a town player.

2.Do you acknowledge that you had never actually said you lean scum on me when you said you had? Was this a lie? A mistake? I probably mispoke when I said I didn't know if you were town or scum. See below post

SalTheBard posted:

I don't have an ironclad read on you, you lean scum to me. What I said earlier about "I'm not sure if you are town or scum" is true. To me you lean scum. So I'm not lying.

3.Why haven't you responded to questions 1 and 2 before now? Were you avoiding them deliberately? Did you somehow not read them? - Because we've been engaged in a petty fight this whole loving day that has given scum team plenty of time to lay low and post. I was also at work late last night and then went to parents house, came home and went to sleep.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
If scum team it's some combo of KB, Bif and Pera we never really stood a chance.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

chaoslord posted:

:thunk:

What does this mean?

They are great players and having all 3 on the same team is a terrifying thought.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Trust me Bif I was really annoyed about it because I missed out on my epic giga drill break.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I haven't forgotten about Pera.

I haven't interacted with Yami because I have been more focused on dealing with KB.

I'm going to be loving pissed if KB is town and scum got a free pass because 2 townies spent the whole day going at each other instead of scum hunting.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Did I stutter?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I mean that post is pretty loving straight forward.

I haven't forgotten about Peras weird vote

I haven't interacted with Yami because I'm dealing with KB.

If KB is town I'm going to be mad

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Excuse me I'm just getting irritated

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yes I'm suspect of KB. But it's just suspicion. I know my alignment (Town). If KB is town we have spent the entire day arguing while scum team sits around laughing. It's not a weird comment to make.

I forgot that you said you aren't feeling yourself so excuse me for being short.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Genuine mistake but at this point :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Scum team I'm imploring you to just go ahead and hammer me.

##vote Sal

Making it easier for you. I'm just so Goddamn mother loving frustrated right now with town.

• Locked thread