Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
War has shaped our world, down to our very existence. Most of us ambulate mindlessly through our lives blissfully ignorant of this reality; some us have actually been in a war, doing war stuff. War is the most expensive undertaking in all of human history; nations rise and fall, people thrive or perish, family trees are fertilized or pruned, threads like this get posted.

Until today, I've been fortunate enough to never being in a war zone doing war poo poo, yet I will never meet an uncle who I hear was one cool cat. Got to play Gene Krupa's drum kit before he got his skull opened up by a brainwashed German teenager with a rifle. My dad was in the big one too. He got court martialed twice. I've had my drink spilled when a pack of pugnacious Iraqi War vets started a fight in a bar. War is an insatiable yet avoidable black hole until today. It is the event horizon, definitely a one-way trip.

A back hole is made of the heaviest matter in the universe, and my heart is made heavier than that to inform you that I am, very much against my will, in a state of war. My spirits sink and my gorge rises in trying to grasp the fact that war is being waged upon me. War is literally at my door.

While my reg date is just a punk, I'm amongst the oldest goons here, up there with the goon who ran over his cat with his Harley. I've had a good run so far: haven't achieved much, haven't hurt anybody. I still look good and smell nice. I don't deserve this. I have only so many heartbeats left before c-walking off this mortal coil. Heartbeats that should be providing the blood pressure to swell my penis are now being squandered on the bloated metastasizing cancer of war. War loving sucks.

My upstairs neighbor is a crazy evil bitch. Called the cops at 10pm with a loving noise complaint about me. I'm so pissed I can barely spell wtf!

STAY TUNED FOR MORE WAR poo poo. I GOTTA GO TO loving WORK.

Masturbasturd fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
When in doubt use chemical warfare. Farts, bad cooking, cigarettes, it all goes up.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

armed forces personnel are welfare queens. get a real job loser

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

You topped the OP in 😳, good job

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
war is heck

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hell Yeah posted:

:hmmyes:

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
kill her

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i wasnt aware gene krupa got merced by a german teen

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i drop bombs

in the bathroom :grin:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Is OP talking about the Race War

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
What were you doing to make so much noise OP

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Due to the taint of e coli in romaine lettuce I have experience in the The Personal Cost of Raw.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

War would be so much better if the winner was decided by a friendly race instead of filling the other guys with lead.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
War. War never changes.

Except I guess the way that it has continually changed in form, function, cause, and consequence throughout human history. God drat Bethesda writing sucks.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

GWAR never changes. Were bad, are bad, will remain bad in foreseeable future.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

GWAR never changes. Were bad, are bad, will remain bad in foreseeable future.

look at this freakin' DWEEB

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Chomp8645 posted:

War. War never changes.

Except I guess the way that it has continually changed in form, function, cause, and consequence throughout human history. God drat Bethesda writing sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC4zs1TqKHk

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Chinatown posted:

look at this freakin' DWEEB

Lordi won the GWAR

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
"Shoot the officers and go home."
-Sun Tzu

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
war sucks its hard for me to "joke" about if thats whats even going on. yeah yeah there are a lot of poo poo things but gently caress it i cant care about every drat thing

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
"You haven't known war until you've taken a cannonball to the dick"
-Napoleon

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
What is war good for?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The Personal Cost of War: Low. Modern war is designed such that the folks back home don't really feel it happening (applicable to 1st world aggressor nations).

The Personnel Cost of War: Actually... uh, also pretty dang low relative to the past. Seriously like only a couple thousand usually? Chump change on the historical scale.

*In a Quark voice*: the cost of war is at an all time low!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Vaginal Vagrant posted:

What is war good for?

Profits

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chomp8645 posted:

The Personal Cost of War: Low. Modern war is designed such that the folks back home don't really feel it happening (applicable to 1st world aggressor nations).

The Personnel Cost of War: Actually... uh, also pretty dang low relative to the past. Seriously like only a couple thousand usually? Chump change on the historical scale.

except for a country full of psychopaths who have normalized weekly mass shootings

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

From Hell Yeah's other posts, he unironically believes this

Chomp8645 posted:

The role in war matters a lot more now too. The poor bastard on the ground dodging his 'allies' and always having to be alert for bombs in the road has it rough.

The ton of people who obliterate 10 dudes in a pickup truck from 500 miles away with a drone, missile or helicopter don't really have it that bad.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 26, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vaginal Vagrant posted:

What is war good for?

Absolutely nothin' Oil

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

War. War never changes.

That was written by Black Isle.

poo poo Posting, poo poo posting never changes.

Colonel Cancer posted:

War would be so much better if the winner was decided by a friendly race instead of filling the other guys with lead.

We need to build giant clunky robots with flying hands so we can turn war into Robot Jox

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 26, 2018

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

A noise complaint isn't war unless you make it so. Try playing your music at a lower volume and turning it off before 10, Rambo.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BigBadSteve posted:

A noise complaint isn't war unless you make it so. Try playing your music at a lower volume and turning it off before 10, Rambo.

Freedom is blaring a subwoofer at 2AM. It is cause for war!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
War is actually good because it leads to dead people and I love dead people

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WatermelonGun posted:

War is actually good because it leads to dead people and I love dead people

also good TV

watching CNN anchors piss they selves as stealth bombers distribute freedom was a keystone moment of our young lives

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

BigBadSteve posted:

Ok, mr. Curfew

Any other military fascist moves you want to normalize

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
*OPs pulse starts to race and his blood pressure is reaching dangerous levels as he pulls his cell phone and dials 911*

Yeah, I'd like to report a noise complaint! No, it's not an emergency. I have to work....ok what's that number again?

*sheepishly dials non-emergency*

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
WWWSA or waging war on weird shaped asses

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

fwiggin destroy their door with a hammer

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Spent 5 bucks on lead sauter. Total war budget right there.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hell Yeah posted:

1777 - Valley Forge: American troops suffer shortages of food and clothing in harsh winter conditions. Diseases and hastily erected shoddy lodging take an additional toll. Most of the horses and some men do not live through the ordeal. The troops persevere through the long months of winter and bring the fight to the enemy in the coming Spring.

1942-1945 - Pacific Theater: American marines engage Japanese forces in some of the most nightmarish fighting imaginable. Frequent bench landings and dense jungle fighting take a heavy toll both physically and psychologically. The casualties rate is high. The enemy does not give an inch and fights far beyond what most armies would consider reasonable. They do not seem to understand surrender. Every battle is won only with a high price in blood.

2018: Some troops have to sit around for a week or two. They are not in any danger and are well supplied, but a little bored. Whataburger is denied to them.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
*extremely Gene Krupa voice*
that’s not how I died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I was in a war once. I don't know how I got out of it without losing a piece of me or my life. Shrapnel can cut through you like a carving knife through the breast of a turkey.This happened two years ago on these very forums and it seems like only yesterday that the flame war erupted and nearly cost me my avatar.

• Locked thread