Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Players

Victoria Noble, the Chosen Played by thatbastardken
Kate McNamera, the Ghoul played by Relentless
Misty Glyndwr, the Selkie played by Hugzilla
Marielle Hazeldine, The Witch played by Tricky
Jay Robinson, the Cuckoo played by Heliotrope
Minerva Nullautinas, the Hollow played by SHY NUDIST GRRL

code:
[Mr. Byron]

[Becky] [Ashley] [Minerva]  [Carolina] [Leonard]
[Brad ] [Misty]  [Victoria] [James]    [Simon]
[Peter] [Raven]  [Marielle] [Kate]     [Jay]
Friday morning in the Nation's Best Schooltm pending, is pretty much like Friday morning in any other school. Mr Byron's sat with the first of his three morning coffee's and what looks like a cheap paperback which he glances up from occasionally to keep an eye on the class. Some of the students are playing with their phones, others are frantically finishing off homework and a few are quietly gossiping about their weekend.

Victoria: poo poo, What tricky piece of homework are you desperately trying to finish off? Although you at least have a better excuse than most for leaving it till the last minute. What monster were you hunting last night and did you catch it?

Minvera: Well, well, well you got an interesting reaction out of Misty when you took that animal pelt of hers. Who was it you chose as your first victim by proxy? and what did they do to deserve it?

Misty: "Don't forget it's practice tonight." Ashley says as she sits down. "I'll meet you in the gym about 5 ok? and show you where we keep our stuff." Oh, right the dance thing. Are you going to be able to go or will all your other obligations get in the way? What do you say in return to her?

Kate: Gawd this is boring isn't it? I mean look at all these nerds behaving themselves. There's no thrills to be had here is there? Unless of course you make some trouble somehow well and get away with it assuming you even give a drat about that. What are you going to do to liven things up a bit?

Marielle: "Thanks for loaning me this." Raven says as she drops the slightly emptier perfume bottle on your desk. "I thought it would help but it's like he doesn't even notice me. I was hoping..." she sighs "Nevermind I'm sure you have your own problems to solve." Speak of the devil and all that. What problem are you working on cracking at the moment and what do you need to solve it?

Jay Of course you wouldn't dream of eavesdropping would you. It's just your hearing is that keen that you can't help but hear James and Simon's muffled conversation in front of you. "Listen I can get you the booze if you want it for tonight but you're still going to have to ask her." Simon says. "Relax, I'll just turn on the old charm and she'll be eating out of my hand." Looks like James is attempting to chase yet another girl at this school. Who do you think he's after this time and what did you do that (inadvertently?) derailed his last relationship?

Please put your character sheet in your first post and keep it updated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 2
Harm 0/4 Conditions:

I sit perfectly still in my desk waiting for class to start. The image of the model student. When Ashley speaks to Misty I steeple my fingers. The pair of fools are a natural fit. And cheer squad is an activity associated with vacuousness. Misty has some trophy pelt that I guess is a gift from a relative. The kind of "sport" that over funded bullies indulge in. It would explain a lot if she came from copious wealth. I took mercy however, because she is not as cruel and petty as her kin apparently are. I will return her crass prize when she has delivered justice in equal measure to the crime that produced it. She will help me deal with some blocks in my programming. I did not explain it as such of course. Even if I could tell her about my condition she would not grasp it.

Which brings us to Ashley. Speaking of animals, she keeps hassling me for what my favorite animal is. She has brought to my attention that there are people who use personas styled after animals. Since she has pestered me about animals. I... have a complicated opinion of animals. My interest in any is purely academic. I frequently do not get along with pets. I do not produce the correct scents. This is not picked up by humans. But animals are typically skittish around an odorless person such as myself. She has become tedious. Thus I will have retribution for the culmination of her transgressions against my patience.

"Oh, ha ha." I laugh off the question again. "I am compiling a list. There are just so many interesting animals! Like the goliath spider's idiosyncratic eyes. Or a cephalopod." I grit my teeth as she says squids are high tier. Whatever that means. I glance over to Misty and make eye contact in an attempt to remind her of the plan.

I have done research on low steaks revenge plots and "pranks" as they are called. One that seems particular to cheer squad members is an apparent classic of having them disrobed around others when they do not intend to me. Now I ran some physics models and I do not believe that any undetectable amount of sabotage will cause her routine to cause her uniform to fall apart like in the motion picture. However I have developed a device to begin the breakage after the routine starts allowing it to go unnoticed. Misty is to place the barely dime sized "moths" onto Ashley's uniform. In a fit of magnanimity I decided to have this occur during practice not a game. Okay the real reason is these are prototypes and I don't want something weird going on that Bob will hear about. And also Ashley isn't terrible. She's merely obnoxious. It is time her oversharing felt as such for her and not just everyone else.

quote:

Name: Minerva Nullautinas
Look: immaculate
Eyes: Wide
Origin: Machine

Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark +2

Fake: add +1 to rolls made while lying

Try Harder Next Time: When you screw up, give yourself an appropriate Condition and take 1 Forward.

Your Backstory
You’ve been taking your social
cues from someone, and doing so
has taught you a lot about them.
Gain 2 Strings on them.
Someone’s seen through your
invented past, and realized it’s all
lies. They gain 2 Strings on you.

Darkest Self
Your body is a prison. You don’t
belong inside of it. You need to
put it in harm’s way, and make
it suffer, just like it’s made you
suffer. There’s got to be a way to
cut yourself out of it. You need to
meet your makers, and hold them
accountable for what they’ve
done to you. To escape your
Darkest Self, you must come to
see how someone else feels more
trapped than you do.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, both players secretly
write down whether the sex was confusing or soothing
for their character. If you reveal the same answer, both
characters mark experience.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

I slowly paint my nails as I listen to Simon and James. I'm going with lavender today, I had a light navy blue but it vanished. I think someone took it, I don't know if it's because they wanted it or they just wanted to get at me. But it's not like I can't buy another. Anyway the two of them are going on about James's plan to get with whoever's caught his eye this week...watching him, he's looking at Misty. Interesting.

I still remember the disaster when I tried to pretend to be him to get someone to help with studying. I forgot to get a belt with the pants and while I was trying to talk to Beatrix Strange to arrange something they snagged on something and fell off. Thank god I was pretending to be James, I'd never live that down. Plus James is the kind of person to deny something embarrassing happened even in front of witnesses so it's not too weird that he still insists it never happened.

I look over at Kate. "Hey Kate, you going to be up to anything tonight?" That's what I say when I mean Are you going to have me pretend to be you later? I don't have anything planned but it's good to know in advance anyway. I smile, and decide to mess with her a bit. I lean in to whisper. "Or do I need to take my clothes off again for you?"

@Jay (Heliotrope): 2d6+2 Turn On Kate = (6+4)+2 = 12
String plus self/promise/embarassed

quote:

Look: Exuberant, flirty eyes

Origin: Miracle baby

Stats

Moves:

Feathers

You can magically pass as the person whose clothes you’re wearing. When you’re seen in someone else’s clothes but aren’t yet passing, roll with Hot. On a 7 or higher, you’re passing as them. You’d fool their mother and their
favorite hookup. • But on a 7-9, also choose one of these:
¸¸ The magic will dissipate if you kiss or get kissed.
¸¸ The magic will dissipate if you Lash Out at anyone.
While you’re passing, give Conditions you receive to the person you’re passing as instead. Anyone who takes Feathers also gets Feathers Made of Knives.

Feathers Made of Knives

Your shape-change magic protects you. When someone is suspicious of your identity while you’re passing, they choose a reaction:
¸¸ I grab your clothes, which tear and reveal your identity, but I somehow get cut by the tatters and take 1 Harm.
¸¸ I ignore my suspicion. My mind is playing tricks on me.

That Good

While you’re passing, if anyone would gain a String on you, they instead gain it on the person you’re passing as.

Sex Move

Once you’ve had sex with someone, add 1 to your rolls for passing as them.

People I've had sex with:

Darkest Self

Somebody is a hack at playing themselves in their own life. It grates on you. It’s time for you, the understudy, to take their place on the stage. After all, you’re so much better at being them than they are. So replace them, using whatever means necessary. You escape your Darkest Self when something they do surprises you, or someone else shows a genuine care for them, or you succeed.

Advances

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 27, 2018

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Hot-1, Cold 1, Volatile 2, Dark -1

Kate is leaning back in her chair, cleaning her fingernails with the largest allowed, yet still incredibly tiny pocket knife, just watching the class.

Woo! Almost the weekend. And if things get too bad, I lifted a cigarette from Simon I can light in one of the boy's bathrooms set off fire alarm this afternoon.

She leans forward and starts tracing designs with the knife blade on her forearm, just enough to leave a red line. It's long since ceased to make her classmates worry and fret, but the action still calms Kate. It's a habit from before she came back, but instead of a shameful hidden secret it's more akin to a nervous tick.

This whole week has been quiet. I'm out pot gummies. Snuck out with Jay's help on Tuesday but there's really nothing to do around here. I tried following Vicky when she disappeared last night, but I lost her. I have no clue what her little crew has been doing. Misty, Marielle and her keep wandering off like they're in some secret club. I can probably press Marielle for it, buuut I'm not sure I'm ready to have THAT conversation yet. Besides, it's more fun if I can catch them in their sister wives sex cult fight club or whatever the gently caress they're doing.

Her eyes come back into focus and as she looks around the room. What Kate wants to do is light Becky's hair on fire.

@Kate (Relentless): 2d6+1 Hunger - Keep your cool vs messing with Becky = (4+3)+1 = 8

She is instead distracted by Jay whispering into her ear. It's ALMOST enough to make her forget that she left a line of superglue on Minerva's chair right before class. Just on the front edge. Misty has been pranking people, so Kate shouldn't be the first suspect. And if this doesn't get a rise out of Minerva...

Kate smiles warmly at Jay's invitation, whispering back "Okay, okay, okay. I promise I'll take you with me tonight instead of bailing. We can... talk. Or whatever. Victoria has been up to something, and I want to know what."

Okay, Kate. Get your poo poo together. You're practically invincible. If you can jump off a building, you can make friends. Or date. Is this a date? Oh gently caress me, I think this is a date. Note to self: Get more booze from Simon before tonight. Killing myself to get out of a date would be rude, right? Right.

quote:

Look: Gaunt, Stiff
Eyes: Hollow Eyes
Origin: Resurrected

Stats:
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 2, Dark -1

Moves:

The Hunger
You have a hunger for: fear, power, plunder, thrills.

When you heedlessly pursue a Hunger, add 1 to rolls. When you ignore a promised feeding opportunity, roll to Keep Your Cool.

Short Rest for the Wicked

When you die, wait it out. A few hours later, you wake up fully healed.

Ending

You remember every detail of your death. When you tell someone about it, give them the Condition morbid and roll to Turn Them On with Cold.

Darkest Self
Your dull hunger sharpens. You can’t focus on anything else but feeding. And in addition to your peculiar cravings, you recognize something else. That primordial hunger which connects all hungers. Flesh, blood, meat. You escape your Darkest Self once you’ve overindulged, or you’ve been locked out for long enough to regain composure.

Sex move

When you have sex with someone, create a new Hunger.

Strings:
+2 on Minerva
+1/-2 with Jay
+2/-2 with Marielle
-1 with Victoria

Relentless fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 27, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: None!

Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo. Raven gave something back after borrowing it? If she wasn't so bummed out about getting ignored by her would-be guyfriend, I'd have razzed her for it pretty hard. As it is though... maybe that'd be in poor taste. Maybe I'll razz her later, once she's a little less morose. Anyways... I do have a problem. I've heard whispers of a party this weekend. A secret party, admittedly, given we're all in dorms, but a party! I think it's fair to say that everyone could go for a party right about now.

The problem is, of course, that I haven't been invited. Yet. Clearly a mistake, or else they want to make it a dramatic reveal? Ugh. I'll have to hit the cards again when I get a quiet moment, see if I can't divine some more details on how I can arrange things. I'm pretty good at Tarot these days, probably good enough I could make a little side-money if I did some pay readings... I'll pin that for later. Party: important. Raven: still here, still depressed.

...Wait. Raven knows people. She knows basically everyone I don't. Maybe if I help her with her business, she'll let a little bit slip about this mystery party. I grab the perfume, spritz a touch on my wrists, and give it a smell. It's definitely good. Mystery guy has no taste whatsoever. I slip the bottle back in my bag and say, "Aw, c'mon Raven. Don't be like that. You know I'm going to ask. Hit me with those deets!" I lean in close, giving her a playful smile. "I bet I can help you out~!"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 6:47 PM
@Marielle (Tricky): 2d6+1 Turn on Raven = (2+1)+1 = 4

Startin' strong with some XP!

quote:

Name: Marielle Hazeldine
Look: Coy
Eyes: Playful eyes
Origin: Tumblr

Stats:
Hot +1
Cold -1
Volatile -1
Dark +2

Moves:
☑ Sympathetic Tokens
You gain power from Sympathetic Tokens - items of personal significance taken from others. Sympathetic Tokens count as Strings.

☑ Hex-Casting
You can cast Hexes. Choose two that you know. To cast them, either expend a Sympathetic Token during a secret ritual, or meet the target’s gaze and chant at them in tongues. Then roll with Dark. On a 10 up, the Hex works, and can easily be reversed. On a 7-9, it works but choose one:
⮚ the casting does you 1 Harm;
⮚ the Hex has weird side effects;
⮚ trigger your Darkest Self.

Hexes:
☑ Binding
The person cannot physically harm others.

☑ Illusions
Pick one: snakes and bugs, demonic visages, false prophecies, non-existent subtext. The hexed sees that thing everywhere. You have no control over the exact images or manifestations.

Your Backstory:
You start the game with two Sympathetic Tokens. Decide whose and what they are.

One of the others caught you rummaging through their friend’s stuff, but hasn’t said anything. They get a String on you.

Darkest Self:
The time for subtlety and patience is over. You’re too powerful to put up with their garbage any longer. You hex anyone who slights you. All of your hexes have unexpected side effects, and are more effective than you are comfortable with. To escape your Darkest Self, you must offer peace to the one you have hurt the most.

Sex Move:
After sex, you can take a Sympathetic Token from them. They know about it, and it’s cool.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: None!

I'm actually pretty well along in the intermediate algebra worksheet that Ms Germain dropped in my math classes lap on top of our regular revision the other night, it's just this last problem keeps running into a mental block.

quote:

Evaluate and convert to scientific notation. (3.4 × 10 11)(5.4 × 10 -3)

(3.4 × 10 11)(5.4 × 10 -3) = (3.4 × 5.4) 10 11 x 10 -3 = 18.36 × 10 8 =... poo poo, I lost it again. This wouldn't be difficult if I could stop thinking about what the hell to do about August. At least, I think it is (or was?) August. I was following rumors about an eerie presence and half seen figure down by one of the pool changing rooms after dark, and I saw them for a second, wearing the same jacket and injuries they had when we caught their killer. Then the lights went out and all the locker doors started rattling, and I pulled back because I was not ready to deal with a full blown ghost problem. While I was running away (yeah, not ashamed to admit it spooked me pretty bad) the Voice was all like "MOVE THEM ON" but not exactly forthcoming on the how, as usual. Marielle might have some ideas, I'll have to hit her up in a free period. My other problem I might have to take to another person - I 'm not even sure why Minerva is in the same math class as me, seeing as she has apparently perfect numerical recall or some drat thing, but at this point I'm just grateful. I lean forward and tap her on her shoulder, noting her completely unwrinkled and possibly starched blouse (who has time for that?) as I do so.

"Hey Min, can I borrow your brain for a second? I just need a teensy bit of help with q.10 on the intermediate sheet. Ms Germain is going to skin me if I come in with another incomplete sheet and I got kinda sidetracked last night..."

quote:

Name: Victoria Noble
Look: Buff
Eyes: Disquieting
Origin: Marked by Trauma

Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile 2 Dark -1

Moves
Take the Blow: When you leap into the way and take the blow instead of someone else, roll with Volatile. On a 10 up, you take the harm instead of them, but reduce it by 1. • On a 7-9, you take the harm instead of them.

To The Books: When the chips are down and your enemies seem unbeatable, you can turn to your friends for research help. Doing so counts as Gazing Into the Abyss. Add 1 to your roll for each friend who really dives into the work, even when it gets monotonous. On a 10 up, in addition to other results, the visions show you your enemy’s secret weakness and you gain a String on them.

Backstory
You have two friends who you rely on for monster-slaying or crime-fighting support. Take a String on each.

There’s someone who knows that you’re the Chosen one, and wants you dead. Describe them. The MC will give them a name and two Strings on you.

Darkest Self
None of your friends can help. They’re not strong like you are. You need to chase down the biggest threat imaginable, immediately and alone. Any challenges or dangers that you encounter must be faced head on, even if they might kill you. You escape your Darkest Self when someone comes to your rescue or you wake up in the hospital, whichever comes first.

Sex Move
When you have sex, heal all of your wounds, and cure all of your Conditions. If they disgust you, give them a String. If you disgust yourself, give them a String.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 27, 2018

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: None!

Wait, practice is tonight!? Oh, no! I've been so busy with so many things I almost forgot about it! I think I can still make it, but Raven said she wanted to talk to me around the same time. About what, I do not know. She was being very secretive when I asked her, and she said she would tell me more later. Oh, no! Could she be in trouble!? Is that why Raven could not share whatever it is with me now!? If there is trouble happening in her life, then I definitely can't abandon my friend, especially after I promised to meet her around that time... but I cannot abandon my new duties as a cheerleader, either.

But there's no need to panic! I'll just have to do both! I will have my talk with Raven, and then, as long as nothing else comes up, I will attend the practice session afterwards! That way, I will surely please everybody, and nobody will be upset at me! Who said having human responsibilities was hard!?

I freeze up slightly when I catch Minerva gazing at me. Ah, yes, there's also the... thing she wants me to do. I am supposed to put some kind of... thingie on Ashley's uniform during practice, and it's supposed to do... something. I think she might have explained what it did, but it was all lost on me. It's not something I want to do, but if I want to get my precious pelt back, then I have no real choice. And besides! It can't be that bad, can it!?

Oh! I was so lost in my thoughts I have almost forgotten to reply to Ashley! I do not want to be rude, so I put a hand on her shoulder, "Do not worry!" I give her a thumbs up, and flash her the biggest, brightest grin I could possibly muster, "I will be there, or I will be in the square!" I think that's how that saying goes. I lean in, putting myself closer to Ashley, getting really close to her ear, and innocently ask, "Um, is there anything else you need from me? Should I prepare anything before we meet?"

quote:

@Misty (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 turn on ashley = (2+1)+2 = 5

Welp. At least I get XP!

quote:

Name: Misty Glyndwr
Look: Riveting
Eyes: Glistening eyes
Origin: Breaking the rules

Stats:
Hot +2
Cold -1
Volatile -1
Dark +1

Moves:
 Outer Skin
Wear your pelt to look like a seal, breathe underwater, and swim incredibly fast. While wearing it, you can choose to return to The Deep Kingdom. If you do it's for good, so make a new character.

 Keep Away
People can steal your pelt but can't destroy it. When you pursue a task the current holder asked of you, add 1 to rolls.

If the holder doesn't return your pelt after you complete the task, gain a String on them, and add 1 to rolls against them until they give you a new task.

 Catch of the Day
Whenever you don't understand what's going on or what someone means, and it gets you into trouble, or leads you to make unwise choices, mark experience.

Your Backstory:
You watched someone swimming. Gain a String on them.

Someone stole your pelt, and they've figured out how important it is to you. They said they'll give it back if you do something for them. Each gain a string on one another.

Darkest Self:
People have mistreated you and made you an outcast here. It's time to show them how it feels to be lost at sea, to be apart from the things you have loved, to have parts of your self stolen from you. So you will flood the Earth. You will destroy what they cherish. And you will take their pelts. You escape your Darkest Self when this place reminds you of home, or when you recognize what you came here for.

Sex Move:
When you have sex with someone, it counts as submerging yourself in water. Since all oceans tell you their secrets, gain a String on someone else they've had sex with.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Harm 0/4 Conditions:

Ah yes. Victoria struck me as one with some sense. This impression is reinforced by coming to me for assistance in maths. I turn and give her a bright smile. "I, would be happy, to assist you Victoria." I go to get up but my skirt is caught on the chair... somehow. I feel down and it is indeed sealed to the desk. Oh my, someone has made a powerful mistake. For a moment I consider if Ashley would be as livid as I am now when my plan follows though. I suppose it will be a learning experience. Most people aren't hiding something like I am under their attire. Victoria doesn't have the luxury of covering her scars.

"May I see the problem? If it is just the one." I hold out an inviting hand. "Or perhaps you would appreciate some private tutoring after class?" Worst case in my current predicament the fabric is going to function as ablative armor. I can mitigate how dreadful this will be by acquiring an ally that will be sympathetic. Shared traits are the bridges of empathy and rapport. It's very simple.

quote:

@SHYNUDISTGRRL: 2d6+1 turn on Victoria = (3+3)+1 = 7

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Misty: "Just be there on time ok? We need to get you up to speed as soon as possible." she says as she backs away from you. Suddenly she gives you such an evil glare, it takes a long moment for you to register that she's not glaring at you but at someone behind you. "What the hell do you want?" she says to James as he hovers closer to the two of you. James smiles at you and then turns to Ashley "I can't believe you're still mad at me just because I started going out with... err hell what was her name again? Mary? Jane? Christina?" "Emma." Ashley replies flatly "My best friend remember? Of course if you had remembered that you wouldn't have tried to sleep with her in the first place." Aww crap looks like the two of them are about to start fighting with each other. What do you do?

Marielle "Oh yeah like you'll be able to help." Raven says rolling her eyes "When was the last time you even had a date." Hey you had a date just... Was it really that long ago? Raven sees the look in your eyes "Exactly." Are you really going to let her get away with an insult like that? Or do you think she's right and want to do something about it? What's your next move?
Raven takes a string on you

Kate: Ha ha yes. It worked. Look at miss prim and proper over there struggling with the glue. Of course all she has to do is turn her head a little more and she'll see you grinning like a lunatic. But that's part of the thrill for you isn't it? The risk of getting caught. Of course you could shove it back down and keep a straight face but that'll just make you hungrier for more thrills later on. What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I pause. I wasn't expecting her to actually invite me along. "Sure!" I say cheerfully. "I can get us something to drink." That's why I got some clothes from Mr. Byron - he's old enough that "oops, I forgot my ID" is something the cashiers accept, if they even ask in the first place. Meanwhile there goes James right over to Misty and Ashley, except he's bungling it up. Of course he is. If he was worth it I'd consider helping him out. It would barely even take any effort to improve people's opinion of him. But he can fumble around instead.

I look back to Kate and she's grinning that grin when she gets up to something. Oh boy. "Can I have a warning of what's about to come?" The nails on this hand are finished, but I might want to wait before continuing.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: None!

My smile turns frigid as Raven pokes straight at one of my weak spots. So what if I haven't been trying to gently caress anyone lately? I've been busy! There are monsters to hunt, magic to do, and I'm still trying to get a handle on this party. I say, "Wow, harsh. It's like you don't want to borrow my stuff anymore. Whatever, I guess you can mooch off of what's-his-face... if you ever get his attention." I roll my eyes. "And you know what? I could get anyone I wanted in this room. I've just been busy."

Speaking of, I should probably go rescue Misty from whatever is happening over there. Ashley and James, huh? That'd be awkward. I scooch back and get up before Raven can roast me again, walking purposefully over to the trio at Misty's desk. I sneak around the two as they throw shade at each other and end up tucked up against my fellow nighttime conspirator. I whisper to her, "Hey, what'd you do to those two? They fighting over you or something?" I follow it up with a saucy wink to make it clear I'm kidding. "You heard about anything else that Vicky needs help with?"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 4:05 PM
@Marielle (Tricky): 2d6+1 Turn On Misty = (1+4)+1 = 6

More XP!

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

OMG she didn't notice until right now. I can see her trying to talk to Victoria without turning around. Gawd, she's like an owl. She looks like she could go full Exorcist.

Kate jumps up and runs to hug Jay from behind, whispering in his ear: "Say something hilarious."

Giving him just a beat to respond with something theoretically witty, Kate stands up and bursts out laughing. It's... maniacal. A cackle, more than a laugh.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I have no idea what she's doing, but I've learned to just go with it. "Uh, why was the broom late for work? It overswept." God where did I even pull that one from?

Oh, she wants to laugh. Hopefully no one heard the joke or they're going to think she's even weirder then before.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: None!

I look between James and Ashley, lost and confused. Ahhh, they look like they're about to fight. What do I do!? But before I could properly panic, my savior arrives in the form of Marielle! "Marielle! Thank goodness!" I clasp her hands together with mine, and scoot ever closer to her, "I don't know what they're arguing about, and I don't know what to do. Should... should I get involved?" I whisper back to her, as I lean in more, my eyes completely locked on hers the whole time, "And um, no, I haven't heard anything from Vicky," I've leaned close enough now where my face is practically touching hers, "Do you need help with anything? Is there anything I can do for you?"

quote:

@Misty (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 Turn on Marielle = (6+6)+2 = 14

Self/Promise/Awkward, and I gain a string!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: None!

Minerva can have a string

I smile back at Minerva as she agrees to help, and hand her the paper.

"Hey, thanks, that'd be great! I'd love to catch up and run through the rest of the work with you, but I don't know when would be a good-"

My voice trails off as I notice the trouble she's having with her skirt and chair. Oh, that sucks. And could be really painful if her skin got adhered to the chair, although it looks like it's just the fabric. I stand up and move around to the front of her desk, ostensibly to look over the math problem with her but mostly to mutter:

"You might wanna wait till class is out before you move. I'll cover you if I can. I uh...I have a towel in my bag if you need to lose the skirt. It's not quite pristine, but better than running out in just your knickers, right?"

My current position gives me the opportunity to look at the class and try and figure out who is pulling off potentially dangerous pranks, but it's all just kids like me laughing at dumb jokes and whispering about parties. There's no real way to tell who is the...threat.

2d6-1 Gaze Into The Abyss = (4+6)-1 = 9

Ugh, spaced out for a minute. What the hell was that?

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 28, 2018

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 Conditions:

I smile when Victoria leans in to offer me respite. The smile becomes noticably strained when Kate cackled at... Something. It certainly could have been her. If she thinks damaging clothes is funny she'll love the moth bombs after their prototype stage. Putting a pin in that thought.

"How kind of you, Victoria." I keep my tone as low as hers. "I will take you up on that offer. You're a lifesaver."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: None!

It takes a hot second to process what Misty just said. I mean, let's look at the facts. She's basically trying to mash her face into mine. She's offering to help with any problems I'm having. It's apparently pretty well known that I'm having a bit of a drought. Thanks, Raven. Is there any other reasonable conclusion you can come to? My cheeks run hot, my heart starts pounding, and, yeah, now that I look at her... I have an itch that could be scratched. I say, "Um, wow." A beat. "There is something that comes to mind. I need to run a quick errand and I'm sure you'd be a great help. Meet me at my locker in 5?"

Offering self, though Misty probably won't realize it right away. :thunk:

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

“Yes!” I beam at Marielle, “I would love to help you!” I throw my arms around her, and give her a big hug! “Anything for my good friend!”

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I look over at James and Ashley, Misty and Marielle. Who knows what's going on there. I look and see Minerva and Victoria talking, and slip out of Kate's hug. "Gotta thing to do, real quick dear." I walk over to Minerva and tap her on the shoulder as Victoria spaces out for a moment. I need to learn more about her before I start pretending to be her.

"Wow Minerva, dealing with homework in homeroom?" I say playfully. It is what she'd do. "I wish I had your kind of dedication. Sadly I don't. Perhaps you could help me with my own problems?" I give her a friendly wink. "I'd be willing to do anything you wanted," I purr into her ear, the offer on the table. I wonder if the model student would use study time as an excuse for make-outs? Or possibly more?

@Jay (Heliotrope): 2d6+2 Turn On Minerva = (5+6)+2 = 13
String plus Self/Promise/Awkward

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 Conditions:

Oh no someone else now. I put a smile on for Jay. Oh more homework help? I suppose it wouldn't surprise me that most were in over there head with this. Scholarship students are probably from underfunded public schools. While others are likely spoiled and lack work ethic. Which one was Jay?

"Oh, of course I will. I, would be happy, to help. It isn't for one of today's assignments I hope."

promising to help with homework

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Kate sits back down in her seat, pouting. Jay must just be in a flirty mood if he's hanging out with the enemy.

I'll have words with him later. Until then, let's just watch Marielle make a fool of herself. Gawd, Misty is so weird.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marielle "Ha, Called it!" you overhear Becky say to herself as she looks at you with a nasty grin on her face. "My Gaydar never fails." Becky is the worst and meanest gossip in the entire drat school if she sees you and Misty leaving together she'll have enough ammunition to feed the rumour mill for weeks and completely destroy your chances of ever getting laid by a guy again. What do you do?

Victoria As you scan the room searching for clues you notice the voices of those around you start to fade. Until all you can hear is The Voice "THE ONE YOU SEEK IS THE ABOMINATION AGAINST LIFE ITSELF. IT CANNOT BE ENDED PERMANENTLY BUT IT CAN BE SLOWED DOWN QUARTER IT AND BURY THE PIECES IN THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH." A little extreme for a prank played with glue isn't it? Still it'd be helpful if the voice actually told you who or where this "abomination" is. As you snap back into reality you catch Kate across the room pouting about something. She's been acting rather weird around you lately do you have any idea why?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I guess not. Or she didn't get what I was hinting at. But that's good to know in the future. Plus I do actually need help. "Wonderful! Thanks Minerva." Victoria is still spacing out a bit. I look back at Minerva, unsure of what to do.

"Victoria? You okay?" I gave her a warm, reassuring smile in case she can see me.

@Jay (Heliotrope): 2d6+2 Turn On Victoria = (5+2)+2 = 9
String/Self/Promise/Awkward

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

quote:

"THE ONE YOU SEEK IS THE ABOMINATION AGAINST LIFE ITSELF. IT CANNOT BE ENDED PERMANENTLY BUT IT CAN BE SLOWED DOWN QUARTER IT AND BURY THE PIECES IN THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH."

Oh yeah, wow, that's just as ominous and unhelpful as possible. Really just super useful. Love your work, Voice. What Kate could have do with any of that is a loving mystery for the ages. She's a fun girl to talk to, we have a bit of that extended hospital stay background in common (she had some lovely cancer, I think?) and I kinda get the feeling she's in to me? Maybe that's it? Or maybe she just likes hockey.

I sort of fade back in and find Jay has joined our little conversation and is kind of...close. He smells like he just got done painting his nails, which ordinarily would bother me but it really suits him. Um.

Jay can have a string on Victoria

"Uh...yeah, I'm fine, I'm fine, just a little tired. Late night with all this homework, y'know? Not enough they make me run around a field for hours, now I gotta learn stuff as well? Kinda bullshit, right?

It's a lame excuse, but I grin to show I'm kidding and continue.

"So you want to get in on this tutoring action? Well, I saw her first, buddy. Form an orderly line, unless she's down for a three way."

I really must be tired, because it takes me a solid 3 seconds to realize what I just said and start blushing. Three seconds of increasingly awkward eye contact with Jay who is slowly raising his eyebrows (has he had them plucked, or are they naturally that fine?) at me.

"I...oh wow, I'm sorry. That came out wrong. I mean...we could form a study group?"

Smooth recovery, Vicky. Yeah, nothing to see here.

@Victoria (thatbastardken): 2d6+1 turn on Jay = (4+2)+1 = 7

String/Self/Promise/Awkward

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 30, 2018

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I laugh a little at her accidently insuation. "Well I wouldn't say no, but I don't think Minerva has that in mind. I'd love to study with you two."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 Conditions:

What? I scoff out of reflex.

"Really, Victoria? If that is a joke about fools who think they can take advantage of my kindness to score dates it is in rather poor taste."

I sigh when Jay proposes the study group. "Yes, pooling our brain power will be better with more of us."

I really hope Victoria is just clumsy with her words. Or did her brain slip into the gutter when she considered my skirt may be damaged? Just what did she zone out thinking about?

quote:

@SHYNUDISTGRRL: 2d6-1 shut down Victoria = (6+4)-1 = 9

Giving condition Dirty Mind, and get a condition back.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I shoot a glare at Becky, then extricate myself from Misty's grasp. I walk over to Becky, taking a seat on her desk, and say, "Really? I ask to borrow her notes from science and you're gonna start a rumor? Classy." I can see her eyes diving into my cleavage, the low-cut blouse is pretty daring, but she's not exactly keeping those eyes on the down-low. "Or... are you projecting? I haven't seen you get with a guy since school started."

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 2:33 PM
@Marielle (Tricky): 2d6+1 Turn On Becky = (2+5)+1 = 8

String/Self/Promise/Awkward.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Aaaaaand, that's enough of that.

Kate jumps up, walks over Marielle's chair and grabs Jay by the collar, spinning him around. Despite standing right next to Victoria Minerva, she makes no effort to contain her displeasure.

@Kate (Relentless): 2d6+1 Shut down Jay = (2+6)+1 = 9

"What." She pokes Jay in the chest. "The." Poke. "gently caress." Poke. "Exactly who's team do you want to be on, dear?"

Kate accentuates the last word with another poke.

Jay gains condition Shamed and gets a condition in return.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Shamed

Seems Minerva didn't appreciate Victoria's innuendo. But before I can really say or do anything, I feel myself spinning around and facing an angry Kate. I put both my hands up - because if Kate gets even angrier at me I'm not going to be able to do anything about it.

"Woah woah I'm just getting help from Minerva, all right? No need to do anything rash. Just calm down okay? You don't need to fly off the handle like this."

Giving Kate the condition Short Tempered

"What teams? We can all be friends here." I look around to see if at least Mr. Byron will do something.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1 || Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Dirty Mind!

I look as hurt as I can muster at Minerva's insinuation, and manage to stutter a response:

"What? No, I, uh...that...I..."

I clear my throat and try again.

"Slip of the tongue, sorry. No entendre intended, honest. Look, I'm just going to sit down and we can forget all about it. Except the study group thing, because I really do need some help with math."

Minerva can have the condition Overreacting in return

When Kate comes storming in I'm a little surprised. She seems, I don't know, jealous? Didn't figure her for the type to get hands on over a boy chatting to other girls, but hey, whatever. I try to ease tensions a little:

"Easy, girl, he's cute and all but he's not my type. No need to worry on my account."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 Conditions: Overreacting

I scowl at Kate. Then rub my temples. "Just admitting it, huh?" I mutter. What a poo poo show, as they say. I suppose I should not have expected much from the person who did such a juvenile prank.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Short Tempered

Kate turns to Victoria, still scowling. "I wasn't talking about you, Vicky. I was talking about the math robot that won't stand up and say whatever that was to my face."

Kate pokes Minerva in the shoulder while still staring at Victoria.

@Kate (Relentless): 2d6+1 Shut Down Minerva = (5+6)+1 = 12

Minerva gains a condition: Aggravated.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Um, okay. I... don't think I should get involved in... whatever's happening right now. I quietly slip out of my seat, and head over to where Marielle and Becky are. "Um, hello," I say, waving to them, "Don't mind me. I am just here to, uh, do the hanging out."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 xp 1/5 Conditions: Overreacting, Aggravated

My eyebrow twitches at 'robot.' My reaction is almost involuntary. I snatch her hand and pull her in. I really squeeze it. Try to crush it even. But the only danger is implicit, I am not able to override the failsafes in place that prevent me from hurt people without "sufficient" provocation. If she knows anything, and I don't know how she would, she will be dealt with.

"If you desire an enemy, than you have succeeded in making one."

I need to integrate something to help with my intimidation. I'm not designed for this.

quote:

@SHYNUDISTGRRL: 2d6-1 lash out kate = (3+3)-1 = 5

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Shamed

"Why don't we all just calm down?" I put my hand over Minerva and Kate's, trying to stop them from fighting and to get Minerva to let go. "You don't want to get in trouble, do you?" I pause, realizing I'm partially talking to Kate. "You don't want to do something in front of Mr. Byron, right?"

Spending a String on both Minerva and Kate to tempt them to not fight each other

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 30, 2018

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Minvera at the mention of his name Mr Byron's head jerks up and he carefully puts down his paperback. "What on earth is going on here?" he asks staring at you. His questioning tone activates some sub-directory buried within your positronic brain Obey Authority Figure the directive flashes up. What do you tell him?

Marielle "What?" She says as her eyes jerk up from her view of your cleavage. "I'm not like that at all!" she says blushing and shifting in her seat uncomfortably. "I could get a date with a guy any time I wanted. I just haven't found Mr Right yet." She sounds like she's trying to convince herself as much as she's trying to convince you. Do you take advantage of her distraction to duck out with Misty or do you press on while she's still vulnerable?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 xp 2/5 Conditions: Overreacting, Aggravated

Operating on automated routines I flash a rictus grin. "I was just chastising Kate for engaging in a juvenile prank. The matter is settled." Multiple processes are firing and that's what the cacophony produced. Trying to deescalate while still narcing out Kate to get her in trouble for screwing with me. I'll be happy to get on with class as much as I'll enjoy Kate burying herself.

Agreeing to not fight. Unless that doesn't count

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 30, 2018

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Short Tempered

@Kate (Relentless) 2d6+1 Keep your cool = 3+3+1 = 7

Kate seethes when Minerva DARES to touch her, but goddamn her grip is STRONG. Not painful... but drat strong.

With Jay's intervention and the attention of the teacher, she yanks control of her hand back. She starts to say something, but before she can get it out Minerva is sweet talking the teacher. Instead she storms back to her seat without a word, returning to her slouching pout.

loving fake rear end walking calculator. This means war.

Well, after Becky. Apparently she didn't learn her lesson and now is being a bitch to Marielle. Maybe Mari will, like, curse her. Turn her into a toad. Wasn't there something about being cursed to vomit bugs?

I really need to talk with her and figure out WTF she was doing that night.

Relentless fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 1, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

"Mr. Right, huh?" I give her one of those looks that unambiguously says I don't buy it, but I let her off the hook... after one last zing. "Well, I'm sure you'll track her down sooner or later."

Hopping back to my feet, I give Misty a nod and make for the door while everyone's distracted by whatever the hell Kate and Minerva are up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I nod back at Marielle, and follow closely after her. Once we've exited our class, and made it to her locker, I say, with some eagerness, "Okay! You said you needed my help with something, yes?" I take a step closer, and take her hand with mine, and look at her with excited eyes, "Whatever it is, I'll do my best to aid you in whatever way I can! If there's anything I can do for you, please just say it, and I'll do it!" I'll do anything to help a friend out!