Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is a handicap match fair?
This poll is closed.
Yes it's fine for faces to have a numbers advantage. 4 2.94%
No it is wrong for heels to have a numbers advantage. 8 5.88%
What is the point? 46 33.82%
BECKY IS BACK ON SMACKDOWN TOMORROW! 78 57.35%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Raskolnikov38 posted:

jericho could make half of each episode of tuesday night dynamite a fozzy concert and it'd still be better than RAW

Eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

jericho could make half of each episode of tuesday night dynamite a fozzy concert and it'd still be better than RAW

Barely, but, yes.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
I know it got a lot of deserved hate already, but the Bobby Roode getting his robe pissed on wasn't just bad because it was a piss joke which required the baby faces look super dumb while staring at a screen for a good 15 seconds in the middle of their match, it is also awful because it was such a missed opportunity to do some decent story telling. Like Drake Maverick running around the ring in the over-sized robe antagonizing Roode could have be a perfect way to plant some seeds for Roode's eventual heel turn and destruction of the tag team. Roode, allowing his vanity to get the better of him, is furious that some rear end in a top hat is parading around in his robe (something I actually love a heel manager doing), leaves his corner to take care of it. Gable goes to tag him in and hes not there, they lose the match because Roode cared more about being glorious than wrestling, costing them the match and planting the seeds for Gable's legit resentment towards Roode.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I willing to bet the writer using "the right side of history" probably thinks he's putting his own clever spin on Captain America's "no, YOU move" speech.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I know it got a lot of deserved hate already, but the Bobby Roode getting his robe pissed on wasn't just bad because it was a piss joke which required the baby faces look super dumb while staring at a screen for a good 15 seconds in the middle of their match, it is also awful because it was such a missed opportunity to do some decent story telling. Like Drake Maverick running around the ring in the over-sized robe antagonizing Roode could have be a perfect way to plant some seeds for Roode's eventual heel turn and destruction of the tag team. Roode, allowing his vanity to get the better of him, is furious that some rear end in a top hat is parading around in his robe (something I actually love a heel manager doing), leaves his corner to take care of it. Gable goes to tag him in and hes not there, they lose the match because Roode cared more about being glorious than wrestling, costing them the match and planting the seeds for Gable's legit resentment towards Roode.

Nah the piss angle was better

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Please don't fall down the "this could've been really good if they'd done this small logical thing differently" hole, you will only hurt yourself. :(

(I agree though that would've been great)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
do not, my friends, become addicted to logical booking. It will take hold of you and you will resent its absence

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
OH THE SMARKS ARE PISSED ABOUT SAUDI ARABIA HUH I'LL SHOW THEM PISS *chomps into steak wrap*

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It's piss all the way down from here

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Drake should've revealed that he has a choking fetish and that wasn't piss.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

the john report guy gave raw a 2.5/10

I don't think I've ever seen him rate a show lower than 5.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Raw has sunk to a new low and the only way to revive it is to bring back Hade Vansen

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

JesusIsTehCool posted:

On the positive side, AoP's new entrance music is pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYvGfF1Gkg

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

At some point, after doing whatever stupid poo poo I feel like and having it not move the needle at all I'd be tempted to see how far I could take it.

~45 minute Bobby Lashley promo?
~Rebranding Tamina as "Killer" Tamina Snuka?
~Resign Kelly Kelly and have her squash Ronda Rousey?
~Just make the first hour of the show footage of setting up the ring and testing the equipment?
~Put the belt on Seth Rollins but take him off TV for a year and never mention him or the title.
~Play the national anthem during Sami Zayn matches?
~Devote half the show to showing off my house MTV cribs style and mocking the fans for giving me money no matter how much poo poo I throw at them?

The possibilities are endless.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ChrisBTY posted:

~Play the national anthem during Sami Zayn matches?

Which national anthem?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Saudi Arabia's

I had a bunch more dumb ideas then I remembered that WWE actually did worse on half of them.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
What an absolutely wretched RAW, I pray it dies in the ratings.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is this Rock Bottom (to this point)?
Is this...
The Worst Raw Ever

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There have certainly been worse individual segments, but I have hard time recalling a recent show that had this little positive going for it overall.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

the lesson from last night's show is not to get called up from nxt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Destroy My Sweater posted:

the lesson from last night's show is not to get called up from nxt

Baron Corbin's doing all right

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
As is Alexa Bliss, don't get called up if you were a big item in NXT.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Baron Corbin's doing all right

So did Roman Reigns. And then he got cancer.
Coincidence?

I just spoiled the next two months of RAW programming.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Don't you make like way more money on the main roster than NXT?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Balor was paid more than your usual NXT top guy, he is still making more on the main roster but the difference might not be night and day.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Apparently if you're hot in NXT (or in any other promotion) people are always talking about you to Vince and Vince resents it so he'll bury you just so people will stop talking about you.

This explains why the call-ups that have done the best are people who were nobodies in NXT like Corbin, Bliss and Elias. Obviously doesn't hurt that Corbin is tall and Bliss is blond.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I can't believe that not only is Lars Sullivan getting called up, but they're also already building him as some monster killer guy that people are supposed to give a poo poo about. Homophobic and racist forum posts aside, there's nothing remotely interesting about this guy as a character other than he's a big man who Vince probably has a hard-on for.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

explosivo posted:

he's a big man

I'm sorry, you were saying?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lars isn't that tall either. I was on the floor at an NXT show and he walked by me and was about as tall as I am, and I'm like barely 5'11".

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

explosivo posted:

I can't believe that not only is Lars Sullivan getting called up, but they're also already building him as some monster killer guy that people are supposed to give a poo poo about. Homophobic and racist forum posts aside, there's nothing remotely interesting about this guy as a character other than he's a big man who Vince probably has a hard-on for.

he's really not all that big, he's like 6'2"

he'd be a big man in chikara

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Being paid more, but working a whole lot more with a lot less wiggle room to take time off for nagging injuries. If you're a fan of wrestling as an art you will absolutely hate your time there which is why ZSJ and Ibushi refused to sign and PAC wanted out for so long.

Since there's never any mass firings anymore there's a chance you could just stay there forever, on the road for half a decade with varying amounts of success from Owens to Eric Young. If you're someone with a family to take care of or in the twilight of your career, signing is probably fine for you. If you're a young guy just on the cusp of cementing yourself as one of the greats before signing, your career is probably going to get derailed for several years until you're either released or chalked up as being over-rated. If you're one of those guys like Punishment Martinez who nobody really gave a poo poo about in the indies and nobody will give a poo poo about in the WWE, it's probably a dream come true.

NXT and WWE seems to be trying to aggressively expand their reach to other countries and eating up a couple regional indies to dump people in. The second you're out of NXT you're probably going to end up wishing you had signed a shorter contract.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Which national anthem?

Radiohead

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Incessant Excess posted:

I'm sorry, you were saying?

:hmmyes:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

VJeff posted:

Apparently if you're hot in NXT (or in any other promotion) people are always talking about you to Vince and Vince resents it so he'll bury you just so people will stop talking about you.

This explains why the call-ups that have done the best are people who were nobodies in NXT like Corbin, Bliss and Elias. Obviously doesn't hurt that Corbin is tall and Bliss is blond.
This came from the Bruce Pritchard show on CM Punk and it makes a lot of sense. They were very sick of hearing Punk's name because of so many guys parading him around as one of the best signings they'd ever gotten before showing up in ECW and Vince and his goons absolutely hated him just because of how much they heard his name and tried for the longest time to push him down into irrelevance because Vince himself had no interest in him. It's no secret that Vince surrounds himself with Yes Men so the more people outside of his inner circle who are pushing for a guy Vince doesn't care about, the more likely he is to ignore them in spite.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

CobiWann posted:

Which national anthem?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F43DqnMoWi0

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Lars isn't that tall either. I was on the floor at an NXT show and he walked by me and was about as tall as I am, and I'm like barely 5'11".
I think this is a good example

Like yeah, he's just not that tall. He is big though, so I guess that's his deal. But beside Braun or Drew or even Corbin he won't look big.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

So Drake's next move is throwing a cup of piss in someone's face, right?

Or will it be spitting a piss mist?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I did not see the Raw that is the talk of the thread at present but I did watch Crown Jewel. Last 2018 PPV I had to catch up on.

What was the point of the tournament? I was confused enough by the heel vs. heel final match but then obviously that didn't happen. I just don't understand what they were going for by having Shane wrestle and then win.

Did this lead to something on the regular shows?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NikkolasKing posted:

So I did not see the Raw that is the talk of the thread at present but I did watch Crown Jewel. Last 2018 PPV I had to catch up on.

What was the point of the tournament? I was confused enough by the heel vs. heel final match but then obviously that didn't happen. I just don't understand what they were going for by having Shane wrestle and then win.

Miz is calling himself two thirds best in the world which is kinda funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

NikkolasKing posted:

Live crowds like seeing something that feels spontaneous, which this did, and they were into Shane. It was reported that it was the start of a Shane heel turn but that was either wrong or the turn is happening very slowly.