Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is a handicap match fair?
This poll is closed.
Yes it's fine for faces to have a numbers advantage. 4 2.94%
No it is wrong for heels to have a numbers advantage. 8 5.88%
What is the point? 46 33.82%
BECKY IS BACK ON SMACKDOWN TOMORROW! 78 57.35%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MBS probably just likes Shane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Impact even used the same general idea as WWE when pushing Lashley yet it was done so much better:

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1067518864152543232

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CobiWann posted:

I willing to bet the writer using "the right side of history" probably thinks he's putting his own clever spin on Captain America's "no, YOU move" speech.
I've heard this expression my entire life, and it's always been used to describe people who opposed giving women the right to vote, opponents of civil rights, and those flipping their poo poo about gay people existing.

It's always been meant to describe lovely people history won't be kind to.

If the alt-right tries to co-opt it, we absolutely shouldn't let them. It's an incredibly useful turn of phrase.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Lars is bad because "The Freak Accident" is a dumb name for an intentional wrestling move :colbert:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

also the miz has been moving in more of a face direction since crown jewel. Specifically thinking of his ~valiant~ run in the elimination match.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like Sullivan's theme. Just a bunch of screaming. It's almost as good as Ciampa's old theme. Just a bunch of booing.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

my face when I realize how bad TLC is gonna be

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Jenkem Delivery posted:

So Drake's next move is throwing a cup of piss in someone's face, right?

Or will it be spitting a piss mist?

get him to say "merry piss mist" when he does it and they might just make this gimmick work.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lars reminds me of this nice dude who probably wasnt a racist piece of poo poo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RobertDEdwards/status/1067553499486068737

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
One finger curls on St Louis' monkey's paw

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"The Riad Killers"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Incessant Excess posted:

Impact even used the same general idea as WWE when pushing Lashley yet it was done so much better:

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1067518864152543232

When the time comes that "be more like TNA" is an improvement than WWE is in loving tremendously dire straights

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

When the time comes that "be more like TNA" is an improvement than WWE is in loving tremendously dire straights

Another example of WWE talent used better in TNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NxsGLwG5zU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Open Marriage Night posted:

That’s from her Halloween issue. Every other month it’s just Rick Rude.

I mean, I'd definitely rather watch Rick Roode and Balor fight over whose abs are better than anything on this RAW.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Blaise330 posted:

I like how both Rollins and US champ Bobby Roode’s open challenges involve them rematch if the same guy they beat on tv multiple times. Imagine if Cena’s US open challenge was against Rusev 10 times instead of a bunch of fresh matchups + some NXT teasers. Even Rollins fighting Apollo Crews or something for 20 mins would be more like Cena’s open challenge.

Yeah but that sounds fresh and fun, no wonder they didn't do it.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Hmmm, an hour away and I have no interest in ever going to see this.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Finally a new Botchamania

https://vimeo.com/302168440

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Jiro posted:

Finally a new Botchamania

https://vimeo.com/302168440

Honestly surprised he didn't just straight up include Nia clocking Becky in there

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sockser posted:

Honestly surprised he didn't just straight up include Nia clocking Becky in there

He only includes botches

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Not even close.

Goddamn that ZZ Top episode.... :cripes:

Is this referring to the king of the hill ZZ Top episode or did Raw have a somehow worse ZZ Top episode

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is this referring to the king of the hill ZZ Top episode or did Raw have a somehow worse ZZ Top episode

Someone already asked this exact question

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Weird, that was an exceptionally good smackdown. Better than SmackDown 1000 or whatever it was.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Jerusalem, please embed this into the OP for the Smackdown results with Asuka winning the Battle Royale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

If Becky vs Ronda is the plan for WM, Asuka's probably winning at TLC right? I doubt they'd have Charlotte break Trish's record at TLC.

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 28, 2018

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I fell behind in the thread and asked it right when I reached j-ru’s post

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Hmmm, an hour away and I have no interest in ever going to see this.

AAF's a funnier trainwreck currently anyway

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

fatherofmustard posted:

If Becky vs Ronda is the plan for WM, Asuka's probably winning at TLC right? I doubt they'd have Charlotte break Trish's record at TLC.

Here is the logistical problem I don't get: They've already said the women's Royal Rumble is happening again. Wouldn't that mean either Ronda or Becky has to not be holding their show's title by WrestleMania? If they're still the champions and they fight each other, the Rumble is pointless.

So do you have Nia/Tamina/Alexa screw Ronda out of her belt, or do you have Asuka cost Becky the title so the WWE can have a Charlotte Flair WrestleMania title match? Because the latter seems a lot likelier to me than the former.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://streamable.com/39ypc

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

CarlCX posted:

Here is the logistical problem I don't get: They've already said the women's Royal Rumble is happening again. Wouldn't that mean either Ronda or Becky has to not be holding their show's title by WrestleMania? If they're still the champions and they fight each other, the Rumble is pointless.

So do you have Nia/Tamina/Alexa screw Ronda out of her belt, or do you have Asuka cost Becky the title so the WWE can have a Charlotte Flair WrestleMania title match? Because the latter seems a lot likelier to me than the former.

My best case scenario is Asuka wins TLC and carries until Mania. Becky wins the rumble to fight Ronda and we get Flair/Asuka II at Mania for Charlotte to win her record title win on the big stage. That way Charlotte won’t get booed over Becky but gets a title win and spotlight.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

CarlCX posted:

They could have Becky lose the belt at TLC and then win the RR to challenge Ronda

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Kimoa Kid posted:

just think how bad the king of the hill episode is then

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherofmustard posted:

Imagine WWE caring about doing a record properly.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine WWE caring about doing a record properly.

I'm amazed that the Undertaker Mania streak actually happened and wasn't ended earlier by this company

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
so who does Asuka job to in this blood feud blow off TLC match

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

HPJoker posted:

charlotte and becky use asuka as a ladder as they fight over the belt for five minutes

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

HPJoker posted:

No one, because there are no pinfalls in a TLC match. The title hangs above the ring.

Also Charlotte and Becky are totally going to cost each other the title, aren't they?

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1067619553579016192

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

i got sniped so have this instead

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

DarkstarIV posted:

No one, because there are no pinfalls in a TLC match. The title hangs above the ring.

Also Charlotte and Becky are totally going to cost each other the title, aren't they?

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1067619553579016192

If anything I'd imagine that Charlotte wins because they want to give her 16 title reigns and she can drop it on SD the next night to complete her eighth reign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm going to be at Smackdown tomorrow!

Guys Smackdown was so loving fun!