Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is a handicap match fair?
This poll is closed.
Yes it's fine for faces to have a numbers advantage. 4 2.94%
No it is wrong for heels to have a numbers advantage. 8 5.88%
What is the point? 46 33.82%
BECKY IS BACK ON SMACKDOWN TOMORROW! 78 57.35%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
I know it got a lot of deserved hate already, but the Bobby Roode getting his robe pissed on wasn't just bad because it was a piss joke which required the baby faces look super dumb while staring at a screen for a good 15 seconds in the middle of their match, it is also awful because it was such a missed opportunity to do some decent story telling. Like Drake Maverick running around the ring in the over-sized robe antagonizing Roode could have be a perfect way to plant some seeds for Roode's eventual heel turn and destruction of the tag team. Roode, allowing his vanity to get the better of him, is furious that some rear end in a top hat is parading around in his robe (something I actually love a heel manager doing), leaves his corner to take care of it. Gable goes to tag him in and hes not there, they lose the match because Roode cared more about being glorious than wrestling, costing them the match and planting the seeds for Gable's legit resentment towards Roode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Can someone explain to me why The Bar had such a better match with the Usos on Smackdown than AOP at SS? Like even forgetting the whole "lol piss" thing, just the wrestling. A lot of you talk pretty highly of the AOP so I assume they aren't crap so is there like another reason? I will admit I don't really have a firm understanding who controls who calls the spots and moves in the ring, but I assume its mostly up to the performers except for some spots that need to be done for story reasons (piss). I am a much bigger fan of the more acrobatic matches, so maybe I am just bias and the Usos match wasn't significantly better and its just my opinion, but it kind of felt like night and day in the quality of The Bars performance.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
So I don't really understand all the love for Asuka, she seems good in the ring but I haven't heard a decent promo from her the whole time she has been on the main roster. I get there is a language issue there, but it doesn't change the fact that if Asuka holds the title we get Asuka promos every week, do people actually want that? If she had a manager or something to talk for her I could get excited by her with the title but I just can't imagine it being a very fun title reign otherwise.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

JT Smiley posted:

Why does everyone need to come out every week and cut the same stilted poorly written 20 minute promos? If anything Asuka just coming out and murdering fools week after week would be a welcome change.

Asuka squashing jobber after jobber is not exciting to me, I have never really been a fan of that type of baby face, but I guess to each their own.

I just can't imagine Becky running a really good program with Asuka, like how does Becky offer sick burns to someone who can't set her up or offer any kind of response? I would rather see more Charlotte and Becky again than Asuka and Becky but would prefer Becky vs some other heel, maybe do a story line where Mandy steals the chance from Sonya for a title shot, tries to get Sonya to help her cheat against Becky, she refuses, Becky wins and shakes Sonya's hand cementing her as an over baby face and setting up a Mandy vs Sonya feud. Meanwhile Charlotte wins the Royal Rumble and gets BOTH women to defend their titles at the main event of Wrestlemania, if Charlotte pins someone she gets their title, otherwise they retain.

None of that will happen, just don't really see the enjoyment in an Auska vs Becky feud I guess, so confused as why people actually want that, unless Becky, the woman who loves being the champ and raising her belt high just decides the belt is no longer important and just doesn't want a rematch... which would seem strange to me from a story perspective.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Or they could use the lack of a second woman's title match as an opportunity to crown Bayley and Sasha as the new WWE woman's tag team champions in a match against the biggest heels on the roster Nia Jax and Tamina. But maybe that would just be too much fun for me.