Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

Wait what is this stuff in the setup about networking and matching with players and prioritizing friends and stuff?

i think thats all related to it having souls style ghosts of other players in your world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
game is awesome

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Wait what is this stuff in the setup about networking and matching with players and prioritizing friends and stuff?

Capcom dot net has leaderboards and crap. Furthermore, its powered by Azure cloud solutions the cloud network used by un cup holded ganers everywhere

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You connect to people at certain parts of the game and play with them. In mission 7 I actually fought next to a player V but aside from that it has just been someone else in the same general area but not fighting side by side with you

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Evil Eagle posted:

You connect to people at certain parts of the game and play with them. In mission 7 I actually fought next to a player V but aside from that it has just been someone else in the same general area but not fighting side by side with you

Lol cool thats like something RE6 did I think?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Lol cool thats like something RE6 did I think?

Yeah RE6 connects you with other players if they’re doing a different campaign in the boss fights where they overlap, even if you’re playing solo. It only successfully connected me once in my playthrough though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

This game is so loving cool

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
constant poo poo eating grin is plastered to my face while playing this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the boss fight against Kyrie's brother is loving badass.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
its the best boss fight in the game and also the only one they don't make you do like three times lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I feel like more enemies are introduced in the first few chapters of 5 than you see all game in 4 . These bosses kick rear end too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also V's mechanics are really weird and cool, drat

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

the boss fight against Kyrie's brother is loving badass.

I just did this fight and it was awesome, it reminded me of the Nelo Angelo fights in DMC1

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I thought Nero only got the main 4 devil breakers and was still having trouble wrapping my head around how to best use them but i'm super early on and i've unlocked 12 now lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://v.redd.it/qyfq0xb8exk21

Lmao this taunt

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the motorcycle in dmc5 is some serious pwnage. its basically a heavier version of the chainsaws from bayonetta 2 which were my fav weapon in that. thank you capcom

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

hat.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

the motorcycle in dmc5 is some serious pwnage. its basically a heavier version of the chainsaws from bayonetta 2 which were my fav weapon in that. thank you capcom

Same here , it's definitely my favorite so far . The Swordsman style gets some wild loving moves with it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Never mind I just got Michael Jackson Cowboy Dante and that's the best weapon

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm 1 mission into my son of sparda playthrough with the development live action cutscenes turned on and they're already too much lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

between all the charging and revving I feel like I need two more fingers to play Nero!!

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

fadam posted:

between all the charging and revving I feel like I need two more fingers to play Nero!!

You could just ya know spend like 300 dollars on one of those "PrO-GaMer" Scuff controllers.

Or just be cool and pick V every time instead of Nero

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

fadam posted:

Nero makes my hand hurt a little bit V is the character that made me really glad you can remap controls per-character. The bird's hold-to-charge move is really good but you also want to be tapping to attack with Shadow, so i remapped shoot to a trigger button and it works a lot better

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

goty

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

goferchan posted:

Nero makes my hand hurt a little bit V is the character that made me really glad you can remap controls per-character. The bird's hold-to-charge move is really good but you also want to be tapping to attack with Shadow, so i remapped shoot to a trigger button and it works a lot better

Ya I put every character's shoot on L1 and it feels really good.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

fadam posted:

Ya I put every character's shoot on L1 and it feels really good.

I just kinda rest my thumb in between square and triangle and kinda roll it around.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bloody Palace is coming as a free update April 1st. Also from some stuff people found in the code it looks like we'll get playable Vergil too, someone already managed to mod in a way to play as him with a unique move set etc

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

hell yeah that rules

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Co-op tower is maximum pog

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

yeah I've been getting weird joint pains in my fingers and I'm finding V a bit too much to play. I feel like you need to hold every button all the time. I don't really get his mechanics, it feels very button mashy - it's cool but I feel like I'm missing out on some depth/trick

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

You and I probably both are but at the end of the day I think just doesn't have the insane depth of options that Nero or Dante does . There's a reason you're only required to play as him for like 3 or 4 levels out of 20 probably

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that's cool, it's a nice change of pace then. I've just done his first couple of levels and I was worried I was going to get bored with his levels if they were an equal share

also lol at all the people making fun of him for reading bad/emo poetry when it's william blake

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah I've been getting weird joint pains in my fingers and I'm finding V a bit too much to play. I feel like you need to hold every button all the time. I don't really get his mechanics, it feels very button mashy - it's cool but I feel like I'm missing out on some depth/trick
yeah weirdly enough the optimal strat for V seems to be just putting yourself way way back and holding RT for a couple secs to get the book out (once he has it out you can let go of the trigger) so you build DT then spending it on LT autoattacks or nightmare, seems to get me guaranteed S+ in every fight if i dont get hit (the backdash with the bird has ridiculous invincibility and low startup/recovery)

Doctor Faustine
Sep 2, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

also lol at all the people making fun of him for reading bad/emo poetry when it's william blake

Lmao are people really? Iirc he literally quotes the opening of “Auguries of Innocence” at one point, which I thought like everyone knew?

What a bunch of philistines holy poo poo.

Blake owns, and V quoting Blake is 100% why V is Best Boy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Doctor Faustine posted:

Lmao are people really? Iirc he literally quotes the opening of “Auguries of Innocence” at one point, which I thought like everyone knew?

What a bunch of philistines holy poo poo.

Blake owns, and V quoting Blake is 100% why V is Best Boy.

Holy poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*boops V's snoot*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

*boops V's snoot*

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

Holy poo poo.

Doctor Faustine
Sep 2, 2018
They quoted “Auguries of Innocence” in the loving Tomb Raider movie with Angelina Jolie and I’m pretty sure they even mentioned it was Blake in that movie. It’s not an obscure poem that only people with English degrees have ever heard before.

V’s Blake quotes are the actual best and that’s a hill I’ll die on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doctor Faustine posted:

They quoted “Auguries of Innocence” in the loving Tomb Raider movie with Angelina Jolie and I’m pretty sure they even mentioned it was Blake in that movie. It’s not an obscure poem that only people with English degrees have ever heard before.

V’s Blake quotes are the actual best and that’s a hill I’ll die on.

elf help book posted:

Holy poo poo.