Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

Nero makes my hand hurt a little bit V is the character that made me really glad you can remap controls per-character. The bird's hold-to-charge move is really good but you also want to be tapping to attack with Shadow, so i remapped shoot to a trigger button and it works a lot better

yeah I've been getting weird joint pains in my fingers and I'm finding V a bit too much to play. I feel like you need to hold every button all the time. I don't really get his mechanics, it feels very button mashy - it's cool but I feel like I'm missing out on some depth/trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that's cool, it's a nice change of pace then. I've just done his first couple of levels and I was worried I was going to get bored with his levels if they were an equal share

also lol at all the people making fun of him for reading bad/emo poetry when it's william blake

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

game owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

dmc4 is cool but I don't see any reason to ever play it again really now that dmc5 is out. a remaster of 1 and 3 with the slick 5 gameplay systems would be godly

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had my suspicions when transitional parts of re2 remake have you walking past unique, detailed city assets that you never get close to or see again. Also Mr X's role/mechanics definitely felt like groundwork for Nemesis

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

The ending was a little weird but the last real boss before the lore battle finales was loving dope. Nero and Dante by the end of the game are overwhelmingly fun, I feel like I need 3 hands to get S+ ranks
The final boss feels like an intentional curb stomp battle on normal but hes an absolute beast in harder difficulties. Incredible fight. If you do really well during it, a trance pop vocal version of devil trigger starts playing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Might replay a DMC soon... trying to decide between 3 and 5. 5 has V sections which I loathe exponentially more every time but 3 has a lot of annoying levels

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Didn't that have a bunch of wish fulfilment stuff that was probably just being floated at the ideas stage?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Blake is good but V is not. It's a vexing situation for sure.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I never really got the hang of the rev mechanic and it doesn't feel like it does anything even though I know perfectly well that it does and how to the do the instant rev thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I can do the rev on hit thing pretty good but I'm dogshit at using the gun effectively. my brain does not want to hold a button down while I do other poo poo

Yeah your wife told me that. Gahahaha!! :mrgw: