Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Hola TFR friends, welcome to the new Sig Sauer thread!

Old Sig Thread

Sigtalk's awesome posters

TFR'S Resident Sig fangirl reporting in - #teamsig #livefreeordie #whenitcounts - To do an actual effort post on the 8 year old Sig Sauer thread. Let's get started.

Who is SIG Sauer?

SIG Sauer, as it is appropriately spelled, was originally SIG Sauer GmbH. It was a primarily a Swiss company formed way back in the 70’s between Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft (Swiss Industrial Company) and JP Sauer and Sohn (Germans) to form SIG Sauer. SIG was created almost a hundred years before that between 3 Swiss bros who built wagons and choo-choo’s. The 3 got into the firearms industry with their first rifle, a state of the art rifle with the desire have it be adopted by the Swiss Army as their primary battle weapon. The Swiss Army ordered 30,000 of the Prelaz-Burnand rifle, and appropriately moved from choo-choo manufacturing to weapons. They also developed the wonderful Swiss Army Pistol, the P49, the pistol which would eventually become the venerable P210, which I’ll review below, and soon the P220. The P230 Compact, a variation of the P220, was eventually adopted and issued to the Swiss police. At the time, these pistols had features and unsurpassed reliability that were never seen in the firearm industry.

Fast forward a couple decades of producing amazing handguns (and even a shotgun), SIGARMS, a company in Virginia, started importing the P220 and the P230 from SIG Sauer in the mid 1980’s. The P225 and the P228 were introduced slowly after and because the company was getting larger, they moved to their current location, Exeter, New Hampshire in 1990. They have been there since, and have introduced a large, manufacturing facility to keep up with demand. At the writing of this original post, SIG Sauer was the 3rd largest firearms producer in the United States by volume, and also having one of the largest catalogs of firearms that are available to civilians and law enforcement agencies around the country and around the world.

These days, SIG Sauer has most of their production done (as of 2014) in Exeter, NH, as well as having the SIG Sauer Academy, while expensive to attend, has state of the art facilities, training, and courses for all types of shooters. Most of the programs range from 2-day classroom and live fire training, to two-week long counter-terrorism training using SIG Sauer firearms.

What kind of stuff is available to us civilians? Do they hate civilians as much as HK does?

Hardly. In recent years, they have spent tons of money on R&D and revamping certain product lines, as well as introducing a refined optics division based out of Portland (Tigard), OR, and suppressors and ammunition in 2015. Ever since Cohen, the former CEO of Kimber, decided he had done enough damage to Kimber and their reputation, applied and got the job as CEO for SIG Sauer in Exeter. Many of their products faced backlash, some warranted, some raging from internet nerds, from guns firing when dropped and hit at a certain angle, massive teething issues on not just striker-fired guns, but also their rifles, and having to release multiple generations of a rifle or pistol because people claim that SIG Sauer’s corporate mentality is that of “Rush to production, let the people figure out what’s wrong with it, then take that data and make a new generation”.

I can’t tell you whether that’s their actual mentality, but it is quite frustrating to own, say, a 1st generation Sig MPX and have the next generation have zero interchangeable parts with the 1st, or have some sort of program to upgrade the 1st gens to 2nd gens. It does suck to feel like you are a guinea pig with a famous and supposedly high-quality firearms manufacturer, but I digress.

Most of their firearms are more or less available to both law enforcement and civilians with little changes in between them except for the ability to shoot full-auto (not as drastic a difference as say, an MP5K vs an SP5K).

What does Sig Sauer produce?

-Pistols. At the time of this OP, they currently have 12 different pistols, with about 3-4x as many different configurations of those pistols.
---Most variations of their pistols cross over to others, such as their “Emperor Scorpion” line. There are P226’s ES’, P220 ES’s, P229 ES’s, etc.

-Rifles. At the time of this OP, they currently have 6 different rifles, with 1 of each configuration being reserved for law enforcement only. As with the pistols, they have different variations that generally increase the price of the rifle, even if only small dumb poo poo which you could probably add yourself. The difference between a Sig 716 Gen 2 and a Sig 716 DMR is literally a trigger, longer handguard (by 4 inches), and a muzzle brake, but the cost difference is $900. Supposedly the barrel is “match-grade”, but the barrel on the non-DMR shoots MOA if not better anyways.

-Electro-Optics. At the time of this OP, Sig Sauer has SIXTY-THREE (63) different types of optics, ranging from battle scopes and spotting scopes to the really awesome BDX hunting riflescopes. They have come a long way since 2005 with their electro-optics division, and they are continually pumping out quality products out of Oregon. Some of their red dots are re-branded Holo-suns. Their scope glass is (from what I was told by an employee at their Portland Corp. office) from the same facility but different division as Vortex and Nightforce. I personally own 14 different types of Sig Sauer optics, and I can tell you in more detail about them below.

-Suppressors. At the time of this OP, Sig Sauer has 10 different types of suppressors out on the market. I’ve demo’d about half of them personally, and for the price, they give Silencerco a run for their money, and they look sexy to boot. Gives me a lady boner. If I am not mistaken, all of their suppressors are single piece and cannot be taken apart. Some are direct thread, some use the QD mount that SIG manufactures.

-Ammunition. SIG now produces quality ammunition at slightly higher prices than your usual Blazer brass stuff. I personally have tested and currently use their Elite home defense rounds, and never had a FTE or FTF on any of my large collection of rifles or handguns. If you need ammo that you know for sure is going to run in the event of an emergency or whatever other weird goon doomsday fetishes I know you have, you can trust SIG ammo with your life.

-Airguns/Soft. SIG produces a variety of their actual firearms as different variations of either airguns or airsoft. Some use CO2, some are spring-loaded. From what I have read and heard, they are actually excellent products and you should buy them for shooting poo poo in your garage if you don’t have time to head to the firing range.

Links To Helpful Stuff

Official Website - Obvious. Good place to review their entire current catalog. If you see their MSRP, knock off 15-20% and you have a general idea of how much stuff goes for in a shop. If you are paying MSRP for a Sig firearm, you are 100% unequivocally doing something wrong.

Sig Armorer’s DVD. - From the previous thread, this is supposed to be really good.

Gray Guns - These guys currently (as of 11/28/2018) provide Sig with the triggers for the Legion line of guns. They also provide competition triggers for the P226, P320, which are pretty awesome, and other fun things like laser-cut grip modules that are really nice for the P320/P365, and steel guide rods (some come with new, modified recoil springs). Definitely give them a shot if you are looking to snag some upgrades for their stuff. Installation instructions and videos are lacking for the triggers, but if you can’t install a steel guide rod then

Tips and Tricks
1- Sig firearms like to run wet. Not literally dripping lube from your gun while you are firing, but play close attention to the lubrication points in the manual. This includes even their newer stuff and rifles, don’t even think about trying to fire your first shots without wiping off the factory oil and lubricating your gun properly. You just spent probably $600-$800 on a new fancy gun, why risk loving it up by not taking 10 minutes to apply some lube?

2- If you own a P320 that hasn’t gone through the upgrade, go here for the voluntary “upgrade” program. Easiest way to identify if you have the AD-drop-prone P320, look at your trigger. If it’s a fatty like the P22X Legion series, should probably send it in for the upgrade, and expect 6-8 weeks for you to get it back, possibly in an un-useable condition . If you have the thin trigger, you are good to go. Apparently there have been a couple reported cases that if you drop the gun or something hits the rear of the weapon at a very specific angle, the gun will fire and could result in either serious injury or death. The most prominent case was one of a female law enforcement officer that said her P320 fired while in her holster and she is now no longer able to feel her legs.

3- The P365 (as of 11/28/2018) has been fixed with a silent roll-out of “2nd gen” pistols. These are supposedly fixed to prevent serious teething issues, mushroomed casings, and striker pin breakages. Generally, if your serial number is below XXX25000, you have a 2nd gen. There have been reported (by reported I mean internet nerds posting on Sigtalk) about striker/primer drag, teething, and other unsafe stuff. I purchased two of them recently and ran 500 rounds through both quite hard, and they were both used, with none of the issues here.

4- The MCX Virtus is the second generation of the MCX. Its parts are not backward compatible (or forward) with the MCX. Please note if you have a Virtus or a 1st gen, because it makes all the difference.

5- The MCX Virtus and the MCX Rattler are not interchangeable either. The upper contains different mechanisms and parts that are limited to those platforms. You are either stuck with the MCX Rattler in 5.5” max barrel length, or you go the Virtus route and the shortest you go is 6.5”.

6- The MPX 1st Gen and MPX 2nd Gen are in the same boat as #5. Even the magazines are not interchangeable. The 1st Gen had the best handguard though

7- Sig’s customer service is hit or miss, you may get someone that doesn’t give a poo poo, or you’ll get someone who will go the distance for you. The latter is happening in higher occurrences, but it’s not an excuse for Sig to have poo poo QC. This mentality came down from their CEO, Cohen, who fired a bunch of upper management when he came on board in 2005 and instituted a bunch of cost-saving techniques (including cutting corners on QC) that has been reflected in their corporate culture. Even though they have a brand new manufacturing facility, it’s still garbage in, garbage out.

I'm sure there are a ton more, just let me know if you want to add it to the list.

When it comes to Sig, I’d like to say always take what you hear/read on the internet with a grain of salt, as usually people that have something wrong with their product are known to bark the loudest. Not saying they are lying, but you have to remember it’s the internet. poo poo you not, there was a video of a guy on instagram (can’t find it at the moment) that blasted 1,200 rounds in 11 minutes through a full-sized P320 and melted the grip, and even stated at the end of the video THAT THE GUN STILL PERFORMED WITHOUT MALFUNCTIONS on a melted grip, but the comments section is filled with “fukken sig and their crap guns” or “shouldve went glock lol”. You can see the obviously flaw of shooting 1,200 rounds in 11 minutes is not a normal situation, and the gun still worked on a melted grip. People see what they want to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

THE GOOD STUFF!

To keep this short, I'll only post their current production stuff. Lots of people here own the older stuff, they love them, I love them, we should all love them. If you've had problems with your Sig Sauer firearm and it's still being produced, I highly recommend getting ahold of Sig CS, and if you get someone crappy, PM me and I'll put you in contact with one of my favorite reps. She'll go above and beyond for you, within her reasonable power.

Before getting to the list of all the rifles and pistols, I will go over the variants that most of the below-listed handguns come in. You will have the name of the handgun, PXXX, followed by the variant.

VARIANTS

1- “Select” - The “Select” variants take the original handgun, add low-profile controls (decocker, slide release), Hogue G10 grips in brown (they are awesome), and the SRT-kit pre-installed if applicable. See below for details on the SRT and what it is, if you are unfamiliar with it.

2-”Emperor Scorpion” - Front cocking serrations on the slide, beavertail, SIG night sights, FDE PVD coated slide and frame, SRT kit pre-installed, and G10 grips. The 1911 ES does not need the SRT kit, so it’s excluded.

3-”RX” - All RX means is the slide has been milled from the factory to mount (and includes) a Sig Sauer Romeo1 Reflex Sight. I believe the problem with these are that, at the time of this post, neither Sig or an aftermarket manufacturer produces a cover plate if you ever wanted to remove the Romeo. My suggestion is to buy the non-RX version, in .40S&W, then when money is available, purchase the RX Caliber X-change kit to 9mm. This way, you effectively have two different pistols, and the ability to swap between RX and Non-RX. I should have followed this when I first purchased an RX pistol, because there are more times than not that I want to shoot without the Romeo1. Also comes with suppressor-height night sights to co-witness with the Romeo1. Sig claims the RX kits are zero’d from the factory, and so far they have lived up to that claim.

4-”SAO” - Single-action only version. Has a manual safety. For shooters that are used to the 1911 platform.

5-”DAK” - Sig’s double-action only pistol. Triggers are hit or miss. Mainly law enforcement trade-in’s that you can get for smokin’ deals with very few rounds down the pipe, just holster wear.

6-”TACOPS” - This is weird across their catalog, as some come with threaded barrels and some don’t. Some come with mag wells and some don’t. I’m still not really sure what qualifies them to label a certain pistol as TACOPS, but tactical operators probably don’t use them.

7-”NITRON” - The basic, no-frills version of the gun. Nitron refers to the finish of the gun, and may or may not come with night sights, definitely no SRT, and may or may not be railed. Most SKU’s end in -R to denote the rail, as you have to pay close attention to their 1911 line if you want a railed one or not.

8-”MK##” - There are only three models of this that I am aware of, the MK25 (P226, specially coated in a maritime coat to prevent rust), the MK11-A1 (P229, non-railed, SRT installed), and the Navy blue 1911. All have the UID plates on them denoting their serial number, and other than being THE EXACT MODEL THE NAVY SEALS USE, there’s nothing special about them.

9-”Nightmare Fastback” - Black with some nickel accents, the 1911’s have a curved heel to make drawing faster.

10-”Equinox” - Two-tone slide with black rosewood grips. Very nice, but the grips are very smooth and you might have trouble maintaining a positive grip if you get sweaty hands. - Discontinued, apparently.

11-”Elite” “Enhanced Elite” “Elite Stainless” - All the same, just different finish, but come with SRT’s pre-installed, has a beavertail. Usually CA Compliant and come with LCI’s, mag disconnects, and 10-round magazines.

12-”SAS” - Sig Anti-Snag treatment. The edges/corners of the gun are usually rounded off to prevent snagging on holsters or clothing when concealed carrying.

Those are the most common, then they have “special edition” models out there, such as the “STAND” - literally says STAND in caps on the side of the slide, with a special cerakote US flag on the slide. Or the “ROSE GOLD” P938. I believe the P938, P238, and the 1911’s have the most variants, including the 12 above, then a bunch of different colors/grips that make them what they are. You can check out the catalog on their website, as they have tons of them constantly going in and out of rotation. We The People, STAND, Rose Gold, Black Pearl, Rainbow, Texas State, so on and so forth. Some are different by just the grips, others are different with special paint/coating. The 1911 SPARTAN Carry comes in this special oil-rubbed bronze cerakote, along with MOLON LABE 1911 smooth grips, which is really nice in person, but for practical shooting the grips are terrible.
- - -

Then there's the Legion Series......

Legion pistols (no Legion rifles, yet), when you purchase one, puts you in a very special "VIP" club of Sig Sauer. In a nut shell, you register your Legion weapon, a Legion rep emails you a cookie-cutter welcome letter, and you get a special Legion soft pistol case and a Legion coin in 3 to 4 weeks because they ship things via slower-than-ground shipping: FedEx SmartPost. They email you 2 days ahead of something being announced, and you get the super-loving-amazing ability to log in to the Legion area of their web store to spend outrageous amounts of money on Legion-branded gear.

Legion-series pistols have a special pvd coating, in a special gray, along with the engraved Legion logo on the slide, fancy G10 grips with the Legion logo, and special Legion triggers. The DA/SA Legion's have adjustable triggers, while the SAO has a flat trigger that is probably the nicest trigger I have ever felt on a Sig Sauer. SRT kits pre-installed. They also come with 3 magazines total, Sig night sights, and a bunch of Legion stickers in the box.

PISTOLS (a * next to it denotes I personally own the firearm and I may offer my own biased opinion)

P210

Sig’s original bad-rear end. It’s original designation was the P49 (Pistole 49). It’s a pure-steel, 9mm (current) and 7.65x21mm (previous) self loading, hammer-fired, semi-automatic pistol. Originally designed after a 1935 French military pistol, it has gone through about 10 variations in the past 60 years to its current form, the Sig P210A. Sold as a target/competition pistol, they are currently produced in 3 variations: Standard, target, and carry. The carry model has a magazine release located close to the trigger guard instead of having the “heel” style release. None of my known distributor networks has this firearm in stock, only being able to be purchased from the SIG Pro Shop and calling them directly. Supposed to be an awesome pistol, and are hard to come by.

P220* (Legion Available)

Another Sig’s original bad-rear end, the P220 is a semi-automatic, hammer-fired pistol. Developed in the mid 70s, this pistol is chambered in its current form as a single-stack .45ACP and/or 10MM. When it was first released, it was chambered in 9mm, .38 super, 10mm, .22LR with a conversion kit, and .30 Luger. I personally own the 220 in both the Carry model and the Stainless Elite version, and they are amazing shooters, especially the Stainless with the extra weight to help counter the recoil of .45ACP.

P225

Modeled after the P220, this is another pistol that was used widely with law enforcement since its inception almost 50 years ago. Compact, rail-less, and available in 9mm and .40SW, these have been prized possessions for many concealed carry shooters, and has a rocky relationship because I believe this is the 3rd time Sig has discontinued them, then brought them back, and in its current form is rockin’ G10 grips, and only comes in 3 variants. The P239 was thought to have replaced the P225, but Sig ended up discontinuing that as well and brought back the P225, probably because they got another contract for them somewhere. Don’t be surprised if they are discontinued again.

P226* (Legion Available)

Sig’s bread and butter full-size, steel and aluminum beast. Available in most variants, in SAO, DAK, and DA/SA with no manual safety. Comes in a double-stack 9mm or .40SW, along with multiple Cal-X kits available (RX, Non-RX, 9mm to 40, and some .22LR conversion kits out there). You can find deals for these all over the place, LE trade-ins, or just promotions they have running around.

P227*

It’s a P220 but in double-stack configuration. Slides can be interchanged between the 220 and the 227. Slightly wider, excellent shooter just like it’s single stack sister.

P229* (Legion Available)

Compact version of the P226. Available in almost all the variants the P226 is offered in. Wonderful carry gun, and offers the same reliability as it’s bigger sister.

P238* (Legion Available)

The .380 variant of the P938, both of which were inspired by the 1911. Has manual safeties, single-action only. Comparable to the Kimber Micro’s, but much better quality (my opinion). These also have the most style of variants vs. any other gun in Sig’s catalog, next to the P938. The Rainbow version is god awful ugly in real-life, don’t let pictures fool you.

P320*

Sig’s striker-fired, polymer flagship firearm at the moment. They had won the Army’s contract for a new military side-arm, designated the M17. The M17 / M17-B are full-sized slides and barrels on a Carry grip module, so you have some overhang. They are also pre-milled with a cover plate to mount an Romeo1 on them. The cool thing about the P320 is that the Fire Control Unit is the serialized portion of the gun, so you can remove it the FCU and place them in a different frame (referred to as grip modules). The modules come in different sizes for different grips. There are lots of third party addons to the P320 for grips, guide rods, and and triggers. Available in 9mm, .40SW, and .45ACP. Like the others, 9MM and .40SW are interchangeable for grips, the .45ACP is it’s own little beast when it comes to stuff. Be mindful when ordering accessories for the .45ACP.

P365*

The new concealed carry hotness. With the extended mags, they hold 12+1, sitting next to the comparable Glock, the P365 blows it out of the water. Most come with X-Ray Sig Night Sights, decent stock trigger, and easy to control. They are selling like hotcakes in my area (Southern Oregon), and I’d imagine everywhere else. People are still a little wary of purchasing these due to issues with their first production batches, which have been largely solved.

P938* (Legion Available)

The bigger sister of the P238, except in 9mm. Also has a crap-ton of variants, some of which are ridiculous and if you purchase one of them TFR will shame you GoT style, except instead of ringing a bell, we’ll shoot a 9mm round into the air. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME CONCEALED CARRY GUN!

1911*

Dollar for dollar, Sig Sauer makes the best 1911’s on the market. They are accurate, great triggers, and come in awesome variants out of the box. They aren’t traditional 1911’s (in terms of shape of the slide, the internals are 1911’s though) and most aftermarket parts won’t fit without significant modification to them. However, if you are looking for a 1911 that you aren’t going to modify or you just want a great shooter out of the box, here’s your gun.

SP2022*

Sig’s first foray in the production polymer gun world. These were initially labeled as the “Sig Pro” and some other designations I forgot that were for law enforcement only, but they are great shooters that are inexpensive and don’t really have a lot of aftermarket options. These pistols are overlooked commonly, and I think they are awesome guns that really should have been the P320. Comfortable grips, accurate, and inexpensive.

RIFLES

SIG MPX G2*

Sig’s 9mm carbine goodness. Based off the AR-platform, it is essentially a 9mm short gas-piston driven submachine gun (LE version), and everything needed to cycle is contained inside the upper, which allows use of folding stocks or telescoping stocks like ones available to the HK MP5. Unfortunately, there is no HK slap or similar maneuver to lock the bolt. Available in 3 variants, officially, and about 6 using aftermarket parts. Their current production model is their Gen2, which fixed some issues with the upper that they passed along the engineering fixes to the MCX Virtus. The primary version that is starting to be used more and more by competition shooters is the Carbine version, which ships with a retractable, folding stock and a 14.5” barrel with a pinned and welded flash hider to meet the 16” requirement. Like the Virtus, you can change handguards and barrels extremely quickly, with the only tool being required is a little T25 torx bit/torx wrench. You pop the front lower retention pin and the handguard slides off. The barrel screws (2) are hidden behind the handguard on the front right, unscrew, remove the bracket on the otherside, lock bolt back, remove barrel, insert new. All told you are spending more time removing the two screws rather than changing the barrel. Installation is the reverse. Enjoy shooting $100 of 9mm in 5 minutes.

SIG 716 G2*

The Sig variant of the AR-10 in a gas-piston version. There are two models, one being the Patrol 16” and the DMR 16”. The DMR has all the same stuff, just a longer handguard, match trigger, a supposedly better barrel, and a muzzle brake. It’s an AR-10, though. It has a weird not-quite monolithic rail, where the handguard meets the top rail, and the top rail is screwed into the top of the upper, so there is a bit of difference there, and makes for an extreme lack of aftermarket handguards available. DMR comes with a Magpul stock and makes it look really fuckin’ weird. Patrol comes with the Sig B5 stock which is fairly good for what it is.

SIG 516*

Sig’s gas-piston AR-15. Designed by one of the same guys that worked on the HK416. Probably why they operate almost exactly the same. Great quality, would buy again. Able to take AR-15 parts like drop in triggers, stocks, and brakes/hiders.

SIG M400

Sig’s Direct Impingement AR-15. Great quality for the price, but an AR-15 is an AR-15. Nothing to special about this one, unless you get the Elite TI (titanium colored) version.

SIG MCX VIRTUS*

Sig’s “revolutionary” development of the AR-15. It’s internals work almost exactly the same as the MPX, just scaled up for 5.56. With as many configurations as you can dream of (Sig claims somewhere around 500 just with their stuff alone), you can use this as your primary workhorse at the range. I love the MCX Virtus, just because you can swap between handguards, barrels, and stocks in under 5 minutes and essentially a new rifle. Being able to just pack the handguards and barrels in the bag along with the rifle is so convenient, instead of lugging multiple rifles to the range at once. Sig’s SBR variant is the popular MCX Rattler, and the parts are not interchangeable.

SIG TREAD*

Sig’s budget AR-15. It’s an M400 with a lighter and thinner MLOK handguard. I bought one because I thought it came with that cool yellow patch on the handguard, but alas, it didn’t. They are still producing them for availability to the public soon. If you are on a budget and want to be able to shoot a quality Sig AR weapon, this is the route you need to go.

<reserving for optics and other accessories and poo poo>

Accessories (Scopes, Rangefinders, Red Dots, Etc.)

Continuing with Sig Sauer’s massive overhaul in their optics division, I’m just going to post the main model and discuss their variants, like I noted above, they have sixty-three different styles of optics and accessories, mainly optics.

Scopes
Sig Sauer has divided up their scopes in 5 classifications, the Whiskey3, Whiskey5, Sierra3, Tango4, and Tango6. In terms of quality and price, that order is ascending, although the Whiskey5 is weird because there is some really high-end stuff in that line.

Whiskey3

Their most inexpensive line, with the most expensive being around $350. Great quality optics, all of them I believe are Second Focal Plane scopes. The Whiskey3 3x-12x50mm was the first scope I ever used from Sig Sauer, and it thoroughly impressed me with the build quality, light transmission, and clarity of the glass that I started to get more interested in their other lines and the technology Sig has built into them. These are great bang-for-buck scopes that easily compete with Vortex or Leupold offerings in the same category. Whiskey3’s use 1” tubes.

Whiskey5

The Whiskey5 line is weird, as they Whiskey line was marketed to be their affordable scopes, but after talking to my rep it made sense. These scopes have all the glass and optical zoom range of it’s sisters in the Tango series, but without the technology, and they are second focal plane. The most expensive Whiskey5 is the 5x-25x52mm, and is SFP, illuminated. That’s the extent of the technology, so it’s essentially a no-frills, excellent zoom and clarity illuminated reticle hunting scope. Whiskey5’s use 30mm tubes.

Sierra3BDX

The Sierra3 series is the only series of scope that deploy the Sig BDX Technology, Ballistic Data xChange. Using low-energy, bluetooth 4.0 technology, the scope can communicate with your smart phone and/or one of Sig’s BDX KILO rangefinders, to automatically place holdovers on your reticle with ease, using one of the extensive ballistic data inside their library. You can even program your own ballistic data into the app, along with multiple profiles if you are switching bullets or rifles. Same great quality glass, and the highest of the Sierra’s goes into the 20x optical zoom range. Sierra3’s use 30mm tubes.

tl;dr - makes hunters not have to do so much math, point and shoot.

Tango4

The start of the Tango series, Sig Sauer’s line of technology laden, heavy, and big scopes. The Tango4 has excellent glass, good light transmission, 30mm tubes. They have all illuminated reticles, are first focal plane, and are solidly built and getting into the longer optical zooms, get really heavy, so keep that mind if you plan on lugging this in the field. The Tango4’s come in either MRAD or MOA, the MOA being more expensive for god knows whatever reason. It’s a nice compromise between dropping another $750 for a Tango6 without the anti-cant detection. I currently own 3 Tango4’s, the largest one being the 6x-24x44mm.

Tango6

Sig’s premier scope, with all their fancy technology on these long, heavy scopes. 30mm tubes, they have all the fun stuff that we look for in a scope: First Focal Plane, available in MRAD or MOA, Anti-Cant Level Detection, MOTAC battery saver, HD Glass, Illuminated Reticle, Sig’s Infinite Guarantee, Zero-Stop capability, waterproof, fog proof, and custom ballistic turrets are available for all of the scopes in the Tango6 line, except the Anti-Cant, which is only available on the biggest of the big, the 5x-30x56mm. They call them tactical turrets for some reason, I’m not aware of that reason but maybe someone could enlighten me

Red Dots and Reflex Sights
Sig Sauer has a lot of red dots and reflex sights available, most of them following the Romeo nomenclature. I’ll post the base models, but each of them have several different variants that it’s hard to keep up with, but just know the difference in the variants are small changes that are largely dependent on the operator’s preferences.

Sig has integrated some battery-saving techniques, not quite on the level of Trijicon or Aimpoint, but much better than EOTech or Vortex. Their MOTAC technology automatically turns the sight off after a couple minutes of non-use and automatically turns it back on when it senses movement back up for use.

Romeo 1, Romeo 3

Romeo1

Romeo3

These are Sig’s reflex sights, with the Romeo3 being designed more for use on rifles or carbines, although it could be used on a pistol, it’s slightly taller. The Romeo1 is what is included on RX cal-x kits, or any of the RX models that come from the factory. They are similar in operation to the Burris Fastfires, Vortex Vipers/Venoms, or the Trijicon RMR. Build quality is great, I have banged mine quite a bit in between my range bags or just generally dropped them on the floor or having other firearms falling on top of it. They hold zero from the factory, and haven’t lost zero yet on either of my Romeo1’s. Variable brightness for use at night or day, clear dot, and the Romeo3 has a sight picture that is hardly visible outside of your iron sights. Being small and lightweight, you wouldn’t notice it on your firearm. The Romeo3 comes with both low or high profile mounts to go on a pic rail, or using a 3rd party plate, you can mount to your weapon.

Below are the Romeo’s 4, 5, 6, and 7. They are all similar in usage, for the SKU’s that have multiple reticles, they are 1) Dot, 2) Main Dot and 3 BDC dots, 3) 65 moa circle with center dot, 4) 65 moa circle with center dot and 3 BDC dots.

Romeo4

Romeo5 (Tread edition)

Romeo6

Romeo7

Romeo8 (NEWW!!!! As of 11/30/2018)

Other Sights and poo poo

-Rangefinders: I own 2 of them, one BDX and the other non-BDX. Clear glass, I’ve been able to range to 945 yards with one of them during a high-contrast event, it was off by maybe 5 yards. If you are going the BDX route, definitely get one to use with the scope, as they are super-quick for ranging and transferring that information to the scope.

-Binoculars: I don’t own any of these, but given the quality of their other scopes and rangefinders, I’m going to go out on a limb and say they are just as good if not better than Nikon or other equivalents, price range for price range.

-Thermal Sights: I used one during the day and it was pretty cool. Not as effective during the day as it is at night, but it was certainly fun to use. For $800, they claim to be the best thermal sight in that range (I don’t even think there are name brand thermal scopes at that range). If you are hunting hogs or other small rodents in your farm, this would suit you very well.

-LIMA Laser Sight Grip Modules: It’s a laser. They charge a hugeeeeee amount for these. But a laser is a laser is a laser.

-Sig Foxtrot1 Flashlight: I own 2 of these. They match very well with P320’s or any other P2XX series. Bright, good quality, and ease to use controls. Does not strobe.

Duccy fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 30, 2018

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

I do not own or know anything about Sig's but the thread title has me laughing like an idiot.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

I was momentarily terrified that the old thread got closed to due to derail (reading the last few pages) but thankfully it’s just a new thread!

Mad props to Duccy for hooking me up with 17rd mags and a bonus 21rd mag! I sent my 10rd ones off to infrared35 and he also sent me some 17rd mags! Thanks guys!

When I get back from traveling it’s some base plate Dremel time and then I’m back in action!

Goons are awesome.

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Re:mk25 p226, the mk25 has a spec 1913 rail which is slightly larger than the SIG rail so it doesn't fit well in holsters made for the standard p226Rs with the SIG rail. Awesome thread.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I don't own any SIGs but I live in New Hampshire so I probably should.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I ate too much crab and transformed into this.

Great start. Love the write up that's easier to read that the sig website.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

RE: SIG210 if you have a Sig Elite dealer nearby you might be able to snag one through them. I'm fairly sure the place nearby me has at least one still kicking around.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Wait did SIG recycle the 230 number? I have a stainless steel SIG 230 SL which is essentially a Walther PPK with a SIG style decocker that I bought back in 2009 for $250 from a local Police chief.

Also, I completely, regret selling my po-surp SIG P225. What a good gun.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

The Equinox version is the first image below. I didn't find the grips smooth, but they are much fatter than regular Sig grips, let alone the E2. I've since put in the SRT kit, the Gray Guns adjustable trigger, and G10 grips, more or less making it a fake Legion. It's good. Edit: Oh. P226 Equinox was .40 only. There are some weird half Equinox 9mm variants that were made for one distributor, I think?

Ostensibly, these came from their custom shop, and I'd say they did pay more attention on average when building them. My Dad bought one of the first E2 configurations (Nitron, E2 grips, SRT), and his trigger was really, really gritty. Mine was almost as smooth as my Zurich P226 trade in from 1987. I did eventually put the SRT in the Zurich too.

Alarbus fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 30, 2018

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

This thread was made for me, as I am poor, lust for death, and am a Sig apologist

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Never noticed the old thread. I'll post my Norinco P226 clone in here when I have time if you guys promise not to laugh.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

large hands posted:

Never noticed the old thread. I'll post my Norinco P226 clone in here when I have time if you guys promise not to laugh.

Norinco is all over the place in terms of quality for their clones (AKs are great, M-14s and 1911s are rough but very solid, 870 shotguns are really rough and of questionable dependability). I'm really curious as to where their SIG stuff lands.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Been a while since I checked, but is the voluntary upgrade for p320s seriously still sending back broken pistols? I've been holding off on upgrading mine til they sorted that out.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Enigma posted:

Been a while since I checked, but is the voluntary upgrade for p320s seriously still sending back broken pistols? I've been holding off on upgrading mine til they sorted that out.

I sent mine this past February. I got it back and I think the trigger is much improved and I wasn't having any of the 'grittiness' issues that another poster reported in the old thread. Shoots anything I feed it, is more accurate than me, I love it.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Enigma posted:

I had mine done in the first couple weeks of the recall (or whatever it actually is) and never had the problems other people reported.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Good to hear, thanks. Guess I'll dig up my RMA number from a year ago and call to see if it's still valid.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

I'm one of the people that isn't a fan of mine after the upgrade. I just need to sell it since I have other pistols I like way more and I never shoot it.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Enigma posted:

That was kind of a joke, kinda not. Replacing the trigger portion of the FCU is child’s play and I’m not sure how SIG is loving that up but it was more based on the gentleman that had that horrible slide grinding not too along ago after receiving his “upgraded” P320 back.

Alarbus posted:

The Equinox version is the first image below. I didn't find the grips smooth, but they are much fatter than regular Sig grips, let alone the E2. I've since put in the SRT kit, the Gray Guns adjustable trigger, and G10 grips, more or less making it a fake Legion. It's good. Edit: Oh. P226 Equinox was .40 only. There are some weird half Equinox 9mm variants that were made for one distributor, I think

Subjective I suppose, and I agree they are “fat” and uncomfortable for me because I have small hands. The top 3rd of the grip is smooth and the lower part isn’t as aggressive as I’m used to, possibly because the glossy finish that’s been applied to this particular set of grips.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Duccy posted:

Subjective I suppose, and I agree they are “fat” and uncomfortable for me because I have small hands. The top 3rd of the grip is smooth and the lower part isn’t as aggressive as I’m used to, possibly because the glossy finish that’s been applied to this particular set of grips.

Ah, I see what you're saying, that makes sense. I actually really liked them, but it essentially meant no no else could use it, since I never found anyone else who liked it that hefty. I bought a second set from a goon, but those are also now in a baggie.

The only Sig my wife could partially use was the P220, I assume because of the normal grips and single stack. I ended up using a coupon to get a Glock 43 a few years ago, and she did pretty well with that, so the Sigs got retired from any sort of night stand duty.

Did the fiber optic rod ever come out of your TruGlo sight? I had to glue mine back in place. I have the same sights on 9mm and .45, but only ever had an issue with the .40.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Alarbus posted:

Did the fiber optic rod ever come out of your TruGlo sight? I had to glue mine back in place. I have the same sights on 9mm and .45, but only ever had an issue with the .40.

Nope, but then again this pistol has only seen maybe 100 rounds down the barrel? I had/have E2’s for it, but color me weird I think it detracts away from what Sig intended it to look like.

That reminds me, I should note the fix for the issue of the “flying guide rod” for the P938. A dab of red threadlocker and a mighty grip is all that’s needed.

For those that don’t know, the 938’s had a two piece guide rod that might suddenly disappear at high speeds out of your weapon because it unscrewed itself during lots of use. Most people didn’t notice it was missing until they cleaned it. Oddly enough they still ran fine so makes you wonder if the guide rod is necessary

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I don't own any Sigs anymore, but I just wanted to say you seem like a cool poster and are making a positive contribution to TFR.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

This actually reminded me to get mine out and put the green threadlocker on the trigger set screw. I put the G10 grips on that are similar to the Legion coloring - more or less.

Also, thanks for the new thread! I haven't posted much in TFR lately, the Southeast PA group seems to go out eating as much as we go out shooting. Also, my gun budget is looking pretty empty lately.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The Rat posted:

I don't own any Sigs anymore, but I just wanted to say you seem like a cool poster and are making a positive contribution to TFR.

Yeah no kidding. That is a quality OP

Miso Beno posted:

Also, I completely, regret selling my po-surp SIG P225. What a good gun.

Love my Nordrhein Westfalen Bullen gat.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Thanks for the new thread Duccy. That was a great OP. I'll try to do a short write up about the Swiss Sig P210, German Sig Sauer P210, and the American Sig Sauer P210A and their differences.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

The Rat posted:

Thank you sir, but I'm not done with it yet

Just updated the OP with their scope line, working on the red dots and other accessories today!

quote:

Thanks for the new thread Duccy. That was a great OP. I'll try to do a short write up about the Swiss Sig P210, German Sig Sauer P210, and the American Sig Sauer P210A and their differences.

That would be great!

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Great writeup, TIL the rattler doesn't interchange with the MCX Virtus. As an early adopter MCX buyer, I'm happy w my rifle though especially after the recall. Debating getting a 516 now however.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

They stop making/selling the civilian 551A1 so I don't like them anymore

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so
i dont have to keep
telling you retards
what happened

Lipstick Apathy

Duccy #1, great OP, OP.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

sky shark posted:

Great writeup, TIL the rattler doesn't interchange with the MCX Virtus. As an early adopter MCX buyer, I'm happy w my rifle though especially after the recall. Debating getting a 516 now however.

The upper parts don't interchange with the Virtus, but the lower can accept a Rattler upper. I don't know why anyone would buy a Rattler upper since it costs almost $2,000 on it's own (last I checked, might be cheaper), and the Rattler itself is $2,300 at my cost.

Having a Rattler is kinda a weird debate, as SOCOM ordered a bunch of them in the .300BLK 5.5" version. SOCOM wants, SOCOM gets I suppose. I'm 100% not in a position to debate why our special forces would need that variant, but for civilian use I am wondering why Sig would release a 5.56 5.5" barrel for the Rattler when at that point it's really just going for super loud bangs. I did read some people arguing the Rattler not being accurate at 300 yards (lol) and that's a reason not to buy it. The idiot then posted he was using subsonic .300BLK and wondered why it dropped quite a bit at 100 yards.

edit: Looks like everyone is receiving the remainder of the items from the old sig thread giveaway today, infrared35 is looking to be delivered on Monday. I've been super swamped trying to get over to my storage unit, but I'll drop by tonight and get it squared away and I'll post the stuff tonight. I recently cleaned out my closet for the 3rd time this month and found some more stuff I need to give away. I'm still trying to organize my "gun shelf" if you will, I just found two AR uppers deep in the corner of my closet behind shoe boxes. One is 6.5CM and the other 7.62x39. Trying to remember where I got those . I want to say it was on MidwayUSA last year when they were having a bunch of year end sales.

Once I sort out this mess of a gun shelf I'm probably going to be doing another giveaway, and I'll be done to where I need my collection to be at. It won't be anymore red dot sights, but rather parts (bipods, lower parts kits or a mish-mash of AR parts) / some more iron sights, and these boxes that hold reloads. I have 6-7 mil-spec buffer tubes and springs and some H2/H3 tungsten buffer weights. In good news I found my Remington and Benelli shotguns that I definitely need to shoot.

Duccy fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 30, 2018

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Death by Zhanism. So Judged.

Duccy posted:

Good Stuff

Duccy, if you run into any HK usp or vp9 holsters you still want to get rid of, I'll be happy to pay for shipping.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Zhanism posted:

Duccy, if you run into any HK usp or vp9 holsters you still want to get rid of, I'll be happy to pay for shipping.

Will definitely check for you tonight!

For Cyrano: Legion P238 Range Report

Firearm: Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP, Single-Action Only, Legion Edition

Ammunition Used: Sig Sauer Elite Performance 90gr .380 V-Crown Jacketed Hollow Points. 60 rounds total.

Cost - $725 OTD

The gun:

I currently own 2 other P238’s in the SAS and the Equinox variants, so I have something to compare it to in terms of apples-to-apples. Features of the Legion variant include: special cerakote pvd coating, magwell, G10 grips, and the flat trigger. Since I wasn’t testing how fast I could put another mag in, I’m just going to comment on the overall feel of the pistol.

--It comes with 3 Legion-specific P238 magazines that hold 7 rounds. The difference is it’s missing the “lip” that goes towards the back on the regular 7-round extended magazines for the other P238 variants, since the magwell would hit that portion of the magazine. I haven’t tried 6 rounders yet in there, but I’d imagine it’d be a bit difficult to get in there since the magwell would block your hand from pushing the magazine in flush. Maybe with an index finger?

--The grips are comfortable and aggressive enough to maintain a positive grip, sweaty hands or not (I don’t have sweaty hands so I just put lotion on). Won’t chew up your hand, if you have prissy little hands you manbabies. I put on my Sig Sauer Women’s TACTICAL GLOVES and my trigger finger fit quite well into the trigger guard without any thought of accidentally pulling the trigger. The front strap checkering is most like the 1911 checkering, which in turn matches the aggressiveness of the G10’s.

--Sights. The gun came with Sig’s X-Ray night sights, which I personally love, some may not. The rears are clear at night, with just-perfect tritium for quick target acquisition in low or no light scenarios. The front has the large green circle with the center having the tritium dot. Makes it easy for me to see where the front sight post is relative to the rear sights for faster on-target aiming.

--The main reason why you would buy the Legion P238 - The trigger. Sig has deployed a “flat” trigger. A non-Legion 238 has a little bit of play between the time your finger starts to pull and when it actually gets to the front of the break. This flat trigger doesn’t have that play, and feels really smooth on the pull up to the break, which is crisp and not gritty in the least.

It has a manual safety, easy to click on and off. BFD.

Actual range time:

6” splatter target at 8.35 yards / 25 feet.

Over the course of the session you can see how I was drifting left and downwards and was trying to figure out why. I put a Sightmark laser .380 round in the chamber and dry fired, turns out it was just me getting used to the flat trigger as I would try to compensate for the HORRIBLE recoil that is .380, my trigger finger wrapped around the trigger more and more.

The firearm itself is extremely controllable and doesn’t flip like my P365, granted it’s a 9mm and not a .380 however. For concealed carry, I would absolutely recommend this pistol to everyone, as I think shops sell the P238 between $629 - $675, an extra fifty would snag you this excellent concealed carry.

Having shot the Kimber Micros, there isn’t much difference between those and the P238 in general, with the Legion pulling ahead just because of the trigger and grips. And because it’s a Kimber, you should just go ahead and buy the P238.

Flatland Crusoe
Jan 12, 2011

Great White Hunter
Master Race

Let me explain why I'm better than you

Sig pictures because when made correctly they are top tier firearms.

I love my 226 with E2 and SRT trigger. Before the E2 conversion I couldn’t get a consistent grip around the huge grip and never shot the gun as well as I did post E2. I don’t shoot my 226 as well now that I’ve fallen into the striker fired trigger trap, but it’s still a great gun.

I really want an old 225/P6 and regret not buying one as a broke college student when they were $300.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Just to pick up where the conversation left off in the last thread about .357 SIG ammo:

quote:

That poo poo is still pricey per round.

Not if you reload.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Double post because no love for the P228?

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Duccy posted:

The upper parts don't interchange with the Virtus, but the lower can accept a Rattler upper. I don't know why anyone would buy a Rattler upper since it costs almost $2,000 on it's own (last I checked, might be cheaper), and the Rattler itself is $2,300 at my cost.

Having a Rattler is kinda a weird debate, as SOCOM ordered a bunch of them in the .300BLK 5.5" version. SOCOM wants, SOCOM gets I suppose. I'm 100% not in a position to debate why our special forces would need that variant, but for civilian use I am wondering why Sig would release a 5.56 5.5" barrel for the Rattler when at that point it's really just going for super loud bangs. I did read some people arguing the Rattler not being accurate at 300 yards (lol) and that's a reason not to buy it. The idiot then posted he was using subsonic .300BLK and wondered why it dropped quite a bit at 100 yards.
The point of the Rattler is to buy the PSB or the SBR and put a can on it, then run subsonics and do hammer pairs on anyone you have to shoot indoors. It's 100% not a 300 yard gun, or even really a 100 yard gun, but it's fine for shooting in tight spaces like houses or cars. Shooting it without a suppressor is idiotic but there's people who buy them without intending to get one

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

infrared35 posted:

Double post because no love for the P228?

Not currently in production my friend It has my vote for love, however.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Admiral Bosch posted:

I wasn't having any of the 'grittiness' issues that another poster reported in the old thread.

Duccy posted:

I’m not sure how SIG is loving that up but it was more based on the gentleman that had that horrible slide grinding not too along ago after receiving his “upgraded” P320 back.

I'm the gentleman with the bad upgrade.

https://youtu.be/UQY5VHb1C7s (skip to 1:30)
https://youtu.be/QmvLuhy69f4

It was awful. The trigger pull itself was meh, but it was the milling they did to the slide to put in the additional drop safety that was garbage. The slide would lock out of battery and it sounded like nails on chalkboard when you racked it. I honestly was concerned about shooting with it and held my breath and looked away when I went to the range to test fire.

It did work, and I think getting a few hundred rounds down the field helped to smooth out the awful job they did, but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I had just gotten a CZ Shadow 2 milled for a Romeo 1 so it took over the RX's job overnight.

Still love my Legion 226 - it's in my night stand and it's always a crowd pleaser when I take non-gun people to the range.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Having just read your extremely good and thorough OP, from one Sig fangirl to another, I salute you!!

I also wanted to take this post to reflect on the ups and downs my life has taken, a brief history of me in Sigs.

West German P226 9mm

My first ever center fire pistol, bought from fellow tfr nerd lingcodkilla all the way back in the hallowed year 2006 (how embarrassingly old each of us has become). This is where my love affair with Sig began.

Sig P226 Equinox .40SW/.357 Sig

Pictured with the same W. German as above with different terrible Hogue grips. I bought this because it looked silly and because it was cool to me that you could shoot .40SW and .357 Sig out of the same gun with a simple barrel swap. Also because infrared35 wouldn't stop hyping up .357 Sig. It got stolen in 2007 RIP

Sig P229 Boring Edition 9mm

After the aforementioned burglary I bought this because I became scared of my neighborhood. Then I moved and traded it to infrared35 which he probably doesn't even remember since this was in like 2012. (I got his cool old S&W 625PC so worth it??).

Sig 1911 Target .45ACP

Someone offered me this in trade for an FN SLP so I did it. Like Duccy said, one of the finest 1911s I've ever owned dollar for dollar. Shot tacks super easy but the front strap serrations were hell on my soft pathetic little hands. Plus I couldn't love the pure stainless look at the time. Ended up selling it on.

Sig 556 ORC 5.56mm

Bought this from a friend and then sold it back to him after putting proper parts on it. A very nice rifle that I sort of wish I'd kept. Looked absolutely ridiculous with the original fishgill handguards and stock it once had, so at least I left it in a better place.

These next two aren't mine but they made a big impression on me so I wanna list them anyway.

Sig P210 Legend Target 9mm

Owned by a friend, this gun has the nicest single action trigger I've ever shot in a 9mm. Absolutely would love to own one. In California so can't. Oh well.

Sig P225 W. German 9mm

This belongs to the same friend with the 556 ORC above. I love the grips and the whole gloss blue look (I think it has been refinished?) Just a great overall little gun and the nicest P6/P225 I've ever shot.

Back to me and the nicest Sig I ever owned:

Sig P226 X-Five E .40SW

Really wanted an all stainless Sig in .40 since they're the nicest shooting .40s ever in my experience. When California had its Single Shot Exemption loop hole going I made it a point to find this X5E. The trigger ended up being a little on the disappointing side, not bad by any means but not up to the $2k+ price tag. Bought it for USPSA Limited division and then never shot that division, eventually sold it which I'm sad about now.

Sig P226 W. German (#2) 9mm

Bringing it all the way full circle. I sold that first W. German years ago in one my many gun purges but always missed it. The P226 really is the iconic and truest Sig to me and an older West German is the iconic and truest P226 imo. Found another one and dressed it up in fancy rosewoods. Eventually sold it too in another purge and GUESS WHAT, I kinda want another

Thank you all for reading my sad story of how I come to call myself a Sig fangirl and yet own 0 Sigs. Gotta figure some way of resolving that cognitive dissonance some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

flightless greeb posted:

Thank you all for reading my sad story of how I come to call myself a Sig fangirl and yet own 0 Sigs. Gotta figure some way of resolving that cognitive dissonance some day.

To the oldies

Most of my stuff is current production, plus add 7 more to this picture since I took it. Don't want to lug everything out of their safes and whatnot to take another, and I don't think I have space for it in my office anymore.

Duccy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 1, 2018