Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Oh hey, old sig handguns?

Here's my W. German posurp P6. I bought it back when they were cheap and TFR darlings. I think in 2006. Might have been 2007. It was my first handgun. I think at that point my entire collection was a couple Turk mausers, a RC K98k, and a Mosin. The picture dates from back then as well. Given how it's posed, I think it might be from a box thread I posted on it at the time.

I got it on the general idea that I needed a modern handgun that would be reliable and function both for range fuckery and as a bedstand gun. I can't remember how much it cost me, just that it was cheaper than a new glock. I want to say something like $300. Anyways, it's been ten years now and it's still used for what I bought it for. I don't do a ton of handgun shooting at the range, so usually when I get that itch I just take a Luger or something, but I still put a few hundred rounds through it now and again to make sure I still remember how it shoots. It's still my bedstand gun. It's still the only modern semi-auto pistol I own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Currently my only sig

Single stack life

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

My Sig Arms and Sig Sauer pistols

Sig Arms P210-5 Heavy Frame

Hammerli Sig P240 .32 S&W Long

Sig Sauer Legend Super Target 9mm

Sig Sauer X5E Classic 9mm

I used to also have other Sigs such as a P230 .380 but have sold them.

Yuns fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 1, 2018

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Nice thread!

Sigs I have owned and regret selling:

P6
P239

Sigs I miss carrying since we transitioned to Glocks at work:

P228
P229

Sigs I still own:
An AR-15 I built with a Sig upper (and a Sig suppressor once the form is approved)

I need more Sig in my life

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

I wish all gun threads about something specific were this good.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Captain Log posted:

I wish all gun threads about something specific were this good.

Went into the gun store, traded in 7 handguns, 3 of which were Sigs, and walked out with an order for an S&W 629 .44 Magnum Performance Center COMPETITION revolver and a S&W 629 .44 Magnum Performance Center Stealth Hunter revolver. I still had money left over because they sold them to me at cost and was able to pick up this....

A barely used Sig 516 with the Sig / Lancer carbon fiber handguard and Sig iron sights (worth mentioning since Sig no longer ships rifles with ISí anymore).

Actually spent money on a drop in trigger, single stage 3.5 lbs pull. Stoked to go to the range tomorrow in the snow

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Duccy posted:

Went into the gun store, traded in 7 handguns, 3 of which were Sigs, and walked out with an order for an S&W 629 .44 Magnum Performance Center COMPETITION revolver and a S&W 629 .44 Magnum Performance Center Stealth Hunter revolver. I still had money left over because they sold them to me at cost and was able to pick up this....

A barely used Sig 516 with the Sig / Lancer carbon fiber handguard and Sig iron sights (worth mentioning since Sig no longer ships rifles with ISí anymore).

Actually spent money on a drop in trigger, single stage 3.5 lbs pull. Stoked to go to the range tomorrow in the snow

Whenever we have a PNW goon meet, you're going to be the most popular person in the stare.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Captain Log posted:

Whenever we have a PNW goon meet, you're going to be the most popular person in the stare.

If Iíll ever have time to go north for a PNW goon meet. Call schedules at my hospital suck enormous balls.

Should anyone ever find themselves in the Rogue Valley Iíd be delighted to host a gathering. Iíll hand out Sig Sauer apparel, stickers, shoot some steel. Having the SO setup a dartboard tomorrow and weíre gonna build a target for these S&W throwing knives set we got. I may or may not learn how to change the oil in my car tomorrow also. The idea of having 4,000 lbs above my head is terrifying.

Iím about to head to an indoor 24-hour range to blast some more out of these 238ís and 938ís.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

This is like so off topic but I'm super curious what car someone who owns like 20 Sigs has.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

flightless greeb posted:

This is like so off topic but I'm super curious what car someone who owns like 20 Sigs has.

Nothing fancy.

vvvv 2013 335i w/ M Performance... everything. It was stock before the boy of the house dropped something ridiculous like $15,000 on the M Performance, uh, everything? Not too keen on what he did but carbon interior, m perf. Steering wheel, tune (?), exhaust, intake, big brake kit, wheels, tires, differential (?), and the turbo itself. vvvv

Duccy fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 2, 2018

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Nice! Is that a 340i?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I ate too much crab and transformed into this.

flightless greeb posted:

Having just read your extremely good and thorough OP, from one Sig fangirl to another, I salute you!!

I also wanted to take this post to reflect on the ups and downs my life has taken, a brief history of me in Sigs.

West German P226 9mm

My first ever center fire pistol, bought from fellow tfr nerd lingcodkilla all the way back in the hallowed year 2006 (how embarrassingly old each of us has become). This is where my love affair with Sig began.

Sig P226 Equinox .40SW/.357 Sig

Pictured with the same W. German as above with different terrible Hogue grips. I bought this because it looked silly and because it was cool to me that you could shoot .40SW and .357 Sig out of the same gun with a simple barrel swap. Also because infrared35 wouldn't stop hyping up .357 Sig. It got stolen in 2007 RIP

Sig P229 Boring Edition 9mm

After the aforementioned burglary I bought this because I became scared of my neighborhood. Then I moved and traded it to infrared35 which he probably doesn't even remember since this was in like 2012. (I got his cool old S&W 625PC so worth it??).

Sig 1911 Target .45ACP

Someone offered me this in trade for an FN SLP so I did it. Like Duccy said, one of the finest 1911s I've ever owned dollar for dollar. Shot tacks super easy but the front strap serrations were hell on my soft pathetic little hands. Plus I couldn't love the pure stainless look at the time. Ended up selling it on.

Sig 556 ORC 5.56mm

Bought this from a friend and then sold it back to him after putting proper parts on it. A very nice rifle that I sort of wish I'd kept. Looked absolutely ridiculous with the original fishgill handguards and stock it once had, so at least I left it in a better place.

These next two aren't mine but they made a big impression on me so I wanna list them anyway.

Sig P210 Legend Target 9mm

Owned by a friend, this gun has the nicest single action trigger I've ever shot in a 9mm. Absolutely would love to own one. In California so can't. Oh well.

Sig P225 W. German 9mm

This belongs to the same friend with the 556 ORC above. I love the grips and the whole gloss blue look (I think it has been refinished?) Just a great overall little gun and the nicest P6/P225 I've ever shot.

Back to me and the nicest Sig I ever owned:

Sig P226 X-Five E .40SW

Really wanted an all stainless Sig in .40 since they're the nicest shooting .40s ever in my experience. When California had its Single Shot Exemption loop hole going I made it a point to find this X5E. The trigger ended up being a little on the disappointing side, not bad by any means but not up to the $2k+ price tag. Bought it for USPSA Limited division and then never shot that division, eventually sold it which I'm sad about now.

Sig P226 W. German (#2) 9mm

Bringing it all the way full circle. I sold that first W. German years ago in one my many gun purges but always missed it. The P226 really is the iconic and truest Sig to me and an older West German is the iconic and truest P226 imo. Found another one and dressed it up in fancy rosewoods. Eventually sold it too in another purge and GUESS WHAT, I kinda want another

Thank you all for reading my sad story of how I come to call myself a Sig fangirl and yet own 0 Sigs. Gotta figure some way of resolving that cognitive dissonance some day.

drat. Wish I had known you needed to sell that old Sig.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 2, 2018

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Hahaha, amazing. I keep comparing BMW and Sig model naming, glad I'm not the only one buying both. That said, I'm amazed you fit anything in that trunk. It's basically just a place to mount a spoiler. My Beretta shotgun case fits just so, and putting two in is awkward.

Drives nice though.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Alarbus posted:

Hahaha, amazing. I keep comparing BMW and Sig model naming, glad I'm not the only one buying both. That said, I'm amazed you fit anything in that trunk. It's basically just a place to mount a spoiler. My Beretta shotgun case fits just so, and putting two in is awkward.

Drives nice though.

I'm the guy who brought an empty rifle case in the back seat of the car when we went shopping for a second. VERY carefully explained to the sales dude that I sometimes moved equipment and wanted to see if a black case would fit. I assume he thought it was for a keyboard or something, as I brought one of the bigger and more non-descript ones I have. (for content: NOT the one that says "SIG ARMS" across the side)

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm the guy who brought an empty rifle case in the back seat of the car when we went shopping for a second. VERY carefully explained to the sales dude that I sometimes moved equipment and wanted to see if a black case would fit. I assume he thought it was for a keyboard or something, as I brought one of the bigger and more non-descript ones I have. (for content: NOT the one that says "SIG ARMS" across the side)

That is genius. I will have to do that when it's time to replace the sedan...

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Alarbus posted:

Drives nice though.

I can fit 4 rifles and 8 pistols plus ammo, targets, and range bag. Depending on what Iím doing, I donít generally use my BMW to go to the range, since itís about 5Ē off the ground and driving around the range kicks up rocks and whatnot. I bought a 2000 Lexus RX 300 for $2,500 a few months ago to do ďgrittyĒ stuff like going off the roads to one of the million places to hike around here. That one is my adventure car, if you will, AWD is a huge plus.

I used the BMW last night to bring this, fit with plenty of space left over:

I pack light especially with pistols, just a range bag and a rolling pistol case.

Fits all my Sigs and about 500-700 rounds depending on what Iím shooting. Range bag had a stapler gun, tools, and eye/ear protection.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Duccy posted:

I can fit 4 rifles and 8 pistols plus ammo, targets, and range bag. Depending on what Iím doing, I donít generally use my BMW to go to the range, since itís about 5Ē off the ground and driving around the range kicks up rocks and whatnot. I bought a 2000 Lexus RX 300 for $2,500 a few months ago to do ďgrittyĒ stuff like going off the roads to one of the million places to hike around here. That one is my adventure car, if you will, AWD is a huge plus.

I pack light especially with pistols, just a range bag and a rolling pistol case.

Fits all my Sigs and about 500-700 rounds depending on what Iím shooting. Range bag had a stapler gun, tools, and eye/ear protection.

The organisation of the pistol case makes my OCD super powers tingle with pleasure.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

My current favorite P226: a blue Simunition gun that I converted back to live fire.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Captain Log posted:

The organisation of the pistol case makes my OCD super powers tingle with pleasure.

Pitted my Sig 226 Legion SAO vs the Sig STAND 1911 last night. The Legion was shooting on red and the 1911 on the green. 30 rounds for each gun.

I could shoot super tight groups at 25 feet, but for the life of me I go stupid when trying to shoot dots.

10 rounds on each, using the 226 Legion at 25 feet. Bottom right was the 4th magazine, center was my last magazine.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Anyone have experience with the Gray Guns drop in triggers for P series?

Duccy posted:

Once I sort out this mess of a gun shelf I'm probably going to be doing another giveaway, and I'll be done to where I need my collection to be at. It won't be anymore red dot sights, but rather parts (bipods, lower parts kits or a mish-mash of AR parts) / some more iron sights, and these boxes that hold reloads. I have 6-7 mil-spec buffer tubes and springs and some H2/H3 tungsten buffer weights. In good news I found my Remington and Benelli shotguns that I definitely need to shoot.

If you find any non-railed P226 holsters or P220R holsters that you don't want, I'd be interested.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

infrared35 posted:

My current favorite P226: a blue Simunition gun that I converted back to live fire.

This really does it for me for some reason.

Get an orange "less lethal" shotgun for 00 buck purposes to complete the playset.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Dead Reckoning posted:

Anyone have experience with the Gray Guns drop in triggers for P series?

If you find any non-railed P226 holsters or P220R holsters that you don't want, I'd be interested.

1) What do you need to know? I have 3 different gray gun triggers, 2 for the P2XX series, 1 for the P3XX series.

2) Will do!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Duccy posted:

What do you need to know? I have 3 different gray gun triggers, 2 for the P2XX series, 1 for the P3XX series.

How much of a difference in trigger feel does it make? Did it require fitting? Do the screws back out under use, or are they fine with loctite? General impression? Flat vs curved?

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Death by Zhanism. So Judged.

Duccy posted:

Thats a cool case. What's the brand and model?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

Duccy posted:

this looks like a better system than my 'duffle of guns' and 50 cal crate of ammo I bring every range trip but it also looks like 5x the price I paid

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Zhanism posted:

Thats a cool case. What's the brand and model?

Amazon -> Search "Case Club". Excellent quality cases, I have their AR 2-gun case and the 4-pistol carrying case. All are waterproof, TSA approved, and are lockable. Has the same pressure-air-release-thingy that the Pelicans do, and are half the cost, sometimes 70% less.

The 8-pistol rolling case was only $189 shipped.

Dead Reckoning posted:

How much of a difference in trigger feel does it make? Did it require fitting? Do the screws back out under use, or are they fine with loctite? General impression? Flat vs curved?

Night and day difference for the P320 series. Removes over-travel, reduces trigger pull weight by about a pound, pound a half perceived if you are using the flat trigger.

For the P226, I have both the flat and curved Gray Guns triggers, the flat can only be used on the SAO models. I wouldn't say the trigger on its own is the entire reason Gray Guns feels amazing, since I have the triggers along with the SRT kits installed which makes follow-up shooting just that much better. A combination of those both will lead to a great trigger pull on the P226.

It's hard to tell you how it feels because some people prefer curved triggers or flat. If I had a choice, I would go flat triggers on any firearm I own because of the perceived difference on my end that the pull smoother/lighter when it really isn't (unless you are lightening the load).

The screws have not backed out under use, and don't require loctite.

General impression: I would purchase a GG kit (SRT + Comp Trigger) for every single P-series I own if I had the time to install them.

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

The only Sig that I have ever owned.

I was put off of them when I shot an M11 years ago, I wasn't used to DA/SA triggers yet so I didn't care for that and the rear sight was drifted off center so it was tough to make hits with it. I picked up this MK25 along with a sico barrel and a bunch of ammo from a friend of mine who was selling off some of the stuff he didn't shoot much to raise some funds. It was a pretty good deal so I jumped on it, and I have to say, I like this gun. I don't know if there are any more Sigs in my future but I wouldn't rule it out at this point.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

BadgerMan45 posted:

The only Sig that I have ever owned.

I was put off of them when I shot an M11 years ago, I wasn't used to DA/SA triggers yet so I didn't care for that and the rear sight was drifted off center so it was tough to make hits with it. I picked up this MK25 along with a sico barrel and a bunch of ammo from a friend of mine who was selling off some of the stuff he didn't shoot much to raise some funds. It was a pretty good deal so I jumped on it, and I have to say, I like this gun. I don't know if there are any more Sigs in my future but I wouldn't rule it out at this point.

Sigs are your future

Nice pickup though! My favorite 226 next to the Legion. After my recent experiences with the SAO models Iím just going to recommend that style for people that donít like the DA/SA triggers. The oversized safety can go away though, maybe something lower profile since my thumb rides on top of it and I dislike that feeling.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

flightless greeb posted:

Back to me and the nicest Sig I ever owned:

Sig P226 X-Five E .40SW

Really wanted an all stainless Sig in .40 since they're the nicest shooting .40s ever in my experience. When California had its Single Shot Exemption loop hole going I made it a point to find this X5E. The trigger ended up being a little on the disappointing side, not bad by any means but not up to the $2k+ price tag. Bought it for USPSA Limited division and then never shot that division, eventually sold it which I'm sad about now.
I'm surprised that you didn't like the trigger. I have an Sig P226 X-Five E Classic 9mm and like yours the trigger is completely adjustable. Out of the box the trigger was set up very poorly and I was unpleasantly surprised too but once I had adjusted trigger weight, trigger length and overtravel as well as the undocumented pretravel adjustment, I had a very nice 2.6 lb trigger. It's not as good as my 1911, P240, P9S or Pardini triggers but it's not far behind.

Yuns fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 2, 2018

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

So a funny Sig story. Maybe 15 years ago I was dating a woman whose family are American but live in Switzerland. While I was visiting, her high school age brother joined the town shooting range/club. After his very first visit to the range, he comes home with a loaner pistol (pretty sure a P226 but it's been a while) and the "homework" to disassemble and reassemble it. At the time he is only 15 and not a citizen. And they didn't tell his parents (or ask them if it was OK) before doing it. That's when I realized how much of a gun culture the Swiss have.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Duccy posted:

Amazon -> Search "Case Club". Excellent quality cases, I have their AR 2-gun case and the 4-pistol carrying case. All are waterproof, TSA approved, and are lockable. Has the same pressure-air-release-thingy that the Pelicans do, and are half the cost, sometimes 70% less.

gently caress me this is brilliant: https://www.amazon.com/Case-Club-Ma...lub+pistol+case

$14.99 piece of foam that holds a pistol and 11 spare mags that fits inside a .50 cal can

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

Duccy posted:

Pitted my Sig 226 Legion SAO vs the Sig STAND 1911 last night. The Legion was shooting on red and the 1911 on the green. 30 rounds for each gun.

I could shoot super tight groups at 25 feet, but for the life of me I go stupid when trying to shoot dots.

I want a bunch of these, but shoot and see, where you mount them with the ships facing the back. Randomized positions obviously. Race your range buddy to win.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Duccy posted:

I have a 2015 335xi, with the M performance tune, it's my third 3 series. Which works, since I have three Sigs, so I assume the next car means another Sig. I grew up in Vermont, so I drive it until (snow) ground clearance becomes an issue.

I went to buy a Beretta 690, and a friend brought his 686 along to have something with the stock adjusted, and on the way home, the two cases was a bit awkward. The trunk is okay with pistol gear, and collapsible rifles seem fine, but I had to finagle it to fit the Winchester 1894 in a case, or the CZ 455 in the box (seat had to fold down). Also, a stroller kills HALF of that trunk. HALF. (The stroller kills more than half the gun budget too.)

On another note, to Dead Reckoning asking about the Gray Guns trigger - didn't take any fitting on my part, it was full drop in to a 2008 production 226. I did have to order the penetrating loctite on Amazon though, I didn't manage to find it locally. Gray Guns strongly encourages using it once you get the travel screw set correctly. The only problem is that if you have multiple Sigs, you'll want multiple triggers.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

As promised, I took the Juliet 3 magnifier Duccy sent me into the woods on a hunt.

It worked out great, except for not seeing any deer, and looked pretty good doing it.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

glynnenstein posted:

As promised, I took the Juliet 3 magnifier Duccy sent me into the woods on a hunt.

It worked out great, except for not seeing any deer, and looked pretty good doing it.

sky shark posted:

gently caress me this is brilliant: https://www.amazon.com/Case-Club-Ma...lub+pistol+case

$14.99 piece of foam that holds a pistol and 11 spare mags that fits inside a .50 cal can

They have a lot of good stuff, I was hesitant at first to be purchasing non-pelican cases but they are really fantastic for the price, AND I don't have to sit there with an Xacto knife trying to cut the drat foam.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I want a bunch of these, but shoot and see, where you mount them with the ships facing the back. Randomized positions obviously. Race your range buddy to win.

That does sound more fun, at the expense of more ammo. It was hard enough trying to hit them when you could see them! The packaging said it was designed for using .22LRs at 25-50 yards. I'll use it for whatever I want

I think I got this video thing figured out now, this is me testing the Legion 226 SAO at 25 feet, 3 magazines, variable shooting speeds. I shoot horrible with pistols, so most of my accuracy comments with handguns should be taken with a grain of salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEoT4EjbIiQ

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Tired: Asking $500 for a gun you kryloned zebra stripes on
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/792340117

Wired: Asking $3000 for a gun the new owner will probably never shoot more than a box
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/791275750

Someone should buy this poo poo: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/788657646

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 5, 2018

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

1) Bidding

2) nope

3) Had one, sold it. Fantastic carry's though!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene

Fun Shoe

Sig is running a 20% off deal on caliber x-change kits on their website.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

Dead Reckoning posted:

Wired: Asking $3000 for a gun the new owner will probably never shoot more than a box
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/791275750
The Sig P220 Sport is a touch on the high side but that's not too far off market and the Sport were basically the X series before the X series. It's basically the top of the line of the P22x series of their time. I'd pay that. Although in order from most common to rarest the Sports go P229, P220, P226.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so
i dont have to keep
telling you retards
what happened

Lipstick Apathy

Yes hello, I have a buddy getting his first handgun that needs some gunsplaining, and before I talk to him I want to make sure I have good information, as I'm not super familiar with SIGs. He's settled on a 226 for HD/range use, which I think is a fine choice, it's something he's familiar with having shot them years ago. He's also dicked around with my P320, VP9, USP45, G19 etc so he at least has a frame of reference to work from regarding striker-fired and/or polymer-framed guns. I haven't really pushed him in any one direction, because I'm not an rear end in a top hat, just told him my thinking behind them. Personally a 226 is probably in my future as well, I like shooting them a lot, but I digress.

Seems he has hit on the Tacops, and wanted to make sure he has good info before dropping money on it.

1. We have 10-round magazine limits. Dealers are fine swapping out magazines, but as I look at the grip panel on the Tacops it strikes me that he is going to have to basically seat 10-rounders (believe they have the same form as the standard P226 mags, flush with a normal P226 with the baseplate sticking out the front) by jamming his thumb up a magwell, am I seeing this right? Furthermore, is it a safe assumption that regular form factor mags will work with this thing? Seems like it would be dumb not to have them work but that's why I'm here asking questions.

2. Aside from the beavertail, is there anything on the Tacops that can't be achieved aftermarket or after-the-fact on a more conventional P226 like the base level Nitron model? I know front serrations are going to be a bitch if that's the thing he's in love with, but I'm assuming someone like ATEi will mill and refinish if he's willing to pay and wait. I see SRT (user-installable, right?), the magwell built into the grip panel (bad idea for crippled mags but do they sell this grip panel separately anyhow), the beavertail (this would be an issue obviously), front cocking serrations, some insane combination tritium/fiber front with tritium rears, and a threaded barrel (we can't have suppressors either so this is useless except for ? I mean I got a threaded barrel to do a Roland but I don't think he's going to do anything interesting with the threaded barrel is the point).

3. Are pic rail accessories a common issue working on a Sig Rail? I don't know what he's planning to put on there, if anything, but if he asked my recommendation I'd want a X300-U to fit on any gun I bought, I guess maybe a MantisX? Maybe he'd want to go for like an XC1 or TLR-1 HL, idk. I just don't know whether to tell him that most stuff won't be a problem or if it's a coin flip. I know this isn't specific to the Tacops, but from what I can see the only 226 with a 1913 rail is the Mk25, sound right?

I can't hate on wanting all this stuff for looking cool, if that's his motivation, again I just want to make sure he's going in with both eyes open. That's my story thanks for reading.

edit: 4. How's holster support, I think he wants to be able to carry and his eyes almost fell out of his head when I told him everyone is into junk carry now, are there good strong side IWB or OWB options available that aren't like Uncle Mikes or Serpa (idk if they even have concealment Serpas I just know to keep him away from certain stuff). Most of the stuff I see recommended is in a pretty narrow spectrum and it's pretty AIWB and/or Glock/P320 focused (phlster, raven, keepers etc). I'm sure Safariland has a good OWB ALS paddle offering, but is there an otherwise broad choice of non-poo poo options to choose from?

uwaeve fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 5, 2018