Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Boner Wad posted:

What optic should I put on a P320 XFive Legion? Going between a Sig Romeo1 Pro or a RMR type 2, RM09 1 MOA.

What about for a carry gun?

Really like the Romeo1Pro on my Xcompact. Been great so far.

But, at least on the XCompact, I was under the impression that the mount was just compatible with the 1PRO and Leupold DeltaPoint Pro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Make your move...'cause mine's gonna be ugly.

I really wonder what's keeping them from launching the Romeo 2.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Boner Wad posted:

What optic should I put on a P320 XFive Legion? Going between a Sig Romeo1 Pro or a RMR type 2, RM09 1 MOA.

I don't know anything about RMR's, but doesn't the Romeo1 Pro cut also fit the Leupold Deltapoint Pro?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Yes, for sure.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

For a carry gun, an RMR Type 2.

Ceros_X fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Dec 16, 2020

Paul MaudDib
May 2, 2006

"Tell me of your home world, Usul"

The 716i looks like a nice entry-level AR-10. It's apparently the result of a contract from India, and they didn't want the piston like on the other 716 models.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!

Boner Wad posted:

I have a P320 X5 Legion and I'm using the Romeo1 Pro and it's been great for me so far. Very crisp dot. A friend of mine has the Leupold Deltapoint Pro and it looks good as well.

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I really wonder what's keeping them from launching the Romeo 2.

Don't know, but I'd guess a combination of production delays and COVID hampering release. (Insert Sig QC joke here.)

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003

ArmyGroup303 posted:

Don't know, but I'd guess a combination of production delays and COVID hampering release. (Insert Sig QC joke here.)

I bought a Romeo1Pro so the Romeo2 should be out Monday. Thatís usually how it works.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Well, there's also the whole "never buy anything new from SIG" thing, even though you'd THINK the Romeo2 would have had all the quirks worked out by now.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Is the p365 SAS barrel interchangable with a regular p365 barrel? I am thinking about getting an SAS but I have a feeling I will not particularly care for the porting on the barrel.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I was watching Season 2 of Better Call Saul and my immersion was ruined. Mike carries a nickel-plated P226 most of the time, but when he takes it apart to clean it it's a two-tone P225. I was so disappointed.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

infrared35 posted:

I was watching Season 2 of Better Call Saul and my immersion was ruined. Mike carries a nickel-plated P226 most of the time, but when he takes it apart to clean it it's a two-tone P225. I was so disappointed.

Maybe thats his thinking gun.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Atticus_1354 posted:

Maybe thats his thinking gun.

Nah, it had blood on it from pistol-whipping a dude

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!

Ok, this is a stupid question, but anxiety always gets the best of me. P320s are "safe" to carry right? I can't concealed carry in my state, but I did want to get a holster to practice with. I love shooting mine, but the fact that it doesn't have a manual safety or trigger tab makes me a bit weary, plus all those reports of people claiming it "went off" in their holster.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Morshu posted:

Ok, this is a stupid question, but anxiety always gets the best of me. P320s are "safe" to carry right? I can't concealed carry in my state, but I did want to get a holster to practice with. I love shooting mine, but the fact that it doesn't have a manual safety or trigger tab makes me a bit weary, plus all those reports of people claiming it "went off" in their holster.

Virtually anyone who says a gun went off in their holster either had their finger on the trigger as they drew or holstered, or they have a worn leather holster that bunched up and got inside the trigger guard when they went to holster. I carried mine for a couple years when I drove delivery. P320s are absolutely safe to carry in my opinion.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

FLUX Defense has orders open for their new "Raider" not-a-brace brace for the P320 at the moment.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Haven't shot the XL yet but I'm blow away by how easy the 365 is to shoot. Looking forward to running the XL through its paces.

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

How concealable is something that has a receiver and mag foot longer than the slide?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Personally wouldn't try and conceal it with the 15 round mag.

That image is just comparing the three handguns with the same capacity magazines.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

How concealable is something that has a receiver and mag foot longer than the slide?

Hey, you can carry with 30+ round stendos if you use a horizontal shoulder holster.

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

dema posted:

Personally wouldn't try and conceal it with the 15 round mag.

That image is just comparing the three handguns with the same capacity magazines.
Oh, fair enough. And it's not like I'm not jealous up here in the land of ten rounds and zero ATCs.

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Hey, you can carry with 30+ round stendos if you use a horizontal shoulder holster.
Muzzle 50% of the world all day

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

If anyone's been waiting for a good deal on the Romeo 1 Pro, Proven Outfitters has them for under $300 shipped at the moment, 3MOA or 6MOA: https://www.provenoutfitters.com/romeo1-pro

FDE is just slightly over $300 shipped but backordered.

Is there a utility for the add-on steel shroud SIG sells for the R1P or is it sturdy enough as-is?

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 19, 2021

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

I can buy a P365 XL, then buy the shorter P365 "frame", and swap the guts and slide out right? I was thinking these guns are modular but I don't see a lot of info on that, and if true seems it would be a huge selling point.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Styles Bitchley posted:

I can buy a P365 XL, then buy the shorter P365 "frame", and swap the guts and slide out right? I was thinking these guns are modular but I don't see a lot of info on that, and if true seems it would be a huge selling point.

You absolutely can. I did the same thing but in the opposite direction, I got a regular P365 and put the XL grip module onto it. And the grip modules come with a magazine release installed fwiw.

ColonelDimak
May 1, 2007

Guardian of the Salsa

Allo comrades,

I recently received my P320-M17, this is the first pistol I've owned. The introductions mention of extra lube Sig's need has me a bit paranoid about breaking something. How do not gently caress up?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

ColonelDimak posted:

Allo comrades,

I recently received my P320-M17, this is the first pistol I've owned. The introductions mention of extra lube Sig's need has me a bit paranoid about breaking something. How do not gently caress up?

Sigs really like to be wet. It canít hurt to lubricate before any shooting outing. Any points of the action that make contact with moving parts get a little lube, wipe it clean so thereís no visible residue and you should be good.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If anyone's been waiting for a good deal on the Romeo 1 Pro, Proven Outfitters has them for under $300 shipped at the moment, 3MOA or 6MOA: https://www.provenoutfitters.com/romeo1-pro

FDE is just slightly over $300 shipped but backordered.

Is there a utility for the add-om steel shroud SIG sells for the R1P or is it sturdy enough as-is?

I keep the R1P shroud on - if you want it to survive a drop, keep it on. Hangs up a tad sometimes on my Safariland holster but not bad otherwise. Still waiting for Agency Arms to start milling the P320 slides with the AOS cut though.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Ceros_X posted:

I keep the R1P shroud on - if you want it to survive a drop, keep it on. Hangs up a tad sometimes on my Safariland holster but not bad otherwise. Still waiting for Agency Arms to start milling the P320 slides with the AOS cut though.

I already have some issues with my TLR-1 HL hanging up in my Safariland. Just glad I bought the RDS when the coupons were valid.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

I got a thing recently.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

That's glorious. One popped up in my LGS a few weeks ago but I was already over my monthly quota. Sad.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

solarNativity posted:

EDIT: Apparently GrayGuns is going to release it in May. Ring hammers for all!

I guess COVID took my ring hammer away. I want it so badly, it's the perfect part to finish ruining this gun.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Liam Acerbus posted:

I got a thing recently.

My local-ish store had one too. But on attempting to dry fire it turned out the gun had severe difficulty going into battery. Like fully racking the slide was not returning to battery every time and I had to bash it forward just for a trigger press.

The guy took it and said he can't sell it like that and will be sending it back. Pity though. I was astonished how easy it is to cock the hammer on these. Having only 1911 experience in terms of SA only pistols it had to be like a third the effort.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Seamonster posted:

My local-ish store had one too. But on attempting to dry fire it turned out the gun had severe difficulty going into battery. Like fully racking the slide was not returning to battery every time and I had to bash it forward just for a trigger press.

The guy took it and said he can't sell it like that and will be sending it back. Pity though. I was astonished how easy it is to cock the hammer on these. Having only 1911 experience in terms of SA only pistols it had to be like a third the effort.

How hard did you have to bash it? If you ease the slide forward with an empty mag, it may stop shy of going into battery due to the slide stop's pressure. If the slide is going forward with full spring force, that won't happen.

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

Does anyone have experience with IWB P226 Mk25 holsters? I ask because apparently the M1913 rail changes the profile just enough that regular P226 moulds won't do.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

Does anyone have experience with IWB P226 Mk25 holsters? I ask because apparently the M1913 rail changes the profile just enough that regular P226 moulds won't do.

Should it fit a P226R holster?

At the minimum, Vedder does. https://www.vedderholsters.com/sig-sauer-p226-mk25-navy/

E: just realized the p226r is the curved Sig rail and not the squared one on the mk25.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 28, 2021

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Cocobolo combat grips and +1 baseplate. Now that's a look.

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

Thanks! I see they even have H&K stuff too - really opens up my options if I can get it into Canada for IDPA.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Liam Acerbus posted:

Cocobolo combat grips and +1 baseplate. Now that's a look.

So good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Has anyone tried the Range18 compensators? I've had a hard time finding any comps that fit the lines of the P226. Everything I could find was made for the 13.5x1LH SIG threaded barrel, and I've got the Silencerco one in 1/2x28. I don't know if it's worth 10x but I'm extremely into the look. I've been swiping back and forth between these two photos all day. Kind of a Robocop/Equilibrium vibe.