Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

That on a 229 would be perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

That on a 229 would be perfect

Just get you a P229 Sport.

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

Special Forces pulls new pistols from service after soldier injured in misfire
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/special-forces-pistols-1.5897942

Short version: A Canadian soldier got himself a case of P320 Leg, likely because the Canadian military neglected to send their new guns back for the "voluntary upgrade". They're back on the Mk25 until the P320s get fixed.

The CBC's reporting on anything gun-related isn't great, and neglecting our military is a national pastime, but I thought I'd use this opportunity to ask a few things since I'm still not feeling good about the whole scenario:

-The guns went through a reseller / importer. Whose responsibility is it to go "hey, your guns are hosed up and need replacement"? Obviously the military should have tracked this, but I don't feel like a company that cares about their reputation would let ND machines stay out in the wild.
-How did this whole issue avoid the designation "recall" instead of the soft poo poo "voluntary upgrade"?
-I know the trigger shoe mass was a big contributor to the drop safety issue, but how prevalent are cases of the P320 just going off? I can't think of another striker-fired model that has zero external safeties (including trigger blade), and isn't the P320 fully-cocked at that? How do you even design something like that without a striker disconnect?

I'm starting to think the M17 / M18 only got its manual safety in part because of typical infantryman gun safety, and that the ND issue was way bigger than anyone's ever let on.

Personal context: My ex owned a P320 and never had an issue, but she only ever had it loaded while pointed downrange. When she got it I took the thing apart to make sure it was the updated model.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

When I sent my 320rx in for the upgrade the trigger came back gritty and lovely and the gun barely functioned, so it's tough to say what's better

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

My P320 X5's trigger came back noticably heavier. I replace the whole trigger setup with a gray ghost kit and it was great. Almost too light.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

I sexually identify as a fat tinder girl,

Yeah lemme just clean my pannus first.

These candles smell amazing btw

Does anyone know of any places that are making metal baseplates for the 365XL? I'm looking for some aluminum plates for the 12 and 15 rounders, but nobody seems to be making them.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Does anyone know of any places that are making metal baseplates for the 365XL? I'm looking for some aluminum plates for the 12 and 15 rounders, but nobody seems to be making them.

https://www.ndzperformance.com/sig-sauer-p365-xl-magazine-parts-accessories-s/18623.htm ?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

The big dumb thing is here. I'm into it.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Feeling a little extra.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Make your move...'cause mine's gonna be ugly.

I'm still waiting for - and dreading the purchase of - an AXG grip in Coyote Tan. I kinda want the module in CT and the grips in black, but last I checked, the only module they were selling on its own was black.

I know they eventually have plans to sell it in SKUs other than black, because there's a drop down box, but the other issue is I'm not paying $400 for one.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 12, 2021

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

dema posted:

Feeling a little extra.

Is that Not-OD green? I'm not a SIG guy, but I'm digging that.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Aftermarket. https://www.dkcustomcoatings.net/online-store/Sig-Sauer-P320-X-Compact-Module-p307511346

Don't see a color listed. Think it was a one off thing. Saw it advertised on IG.

And honestly, I don't even know what color olive drab green is. I have so many things that are listed as OD green and they are all different shades.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/03/16/sig-sauer-introduce-p365x-romeozero/

SIG SAUER, Inc. posted:

SIG SAUER, Inc. is proud to introduce the P365X ROMEOZero, the newest addition to the P365 series of pistols. The P365X ROMEOZero combines the 3.1 inch barrel of the original P365 with the P365XL XSERIES grip module, featuring a 12-round flush fit magazine, with a factory installed ROMEOZero red dot sight, bringing a new level of performance to everyday carry.

Well that looks nifty.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Looks like pretty much the ideal concealed carry.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm not loving the idea of having to pick up good quantities of 115gr FMJ and JHPs at hyperinflated "new normal" prices since the entirety of my current 9mm stock is 124gr FMJs and 147gr JHPs.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Nitrousoxide posted:

Looks like pretty much the ideal concealed carry.

tbh yeah that's pretty much exactly what I wanted them to make

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Kesper North posted:

tbh yeah that's pretty much exactly what I wanted them to make

What I want is for them to sell that slide separately, I'd be able to get a factory slide cut without having to get a new barrel and recoil spring as well.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

> Retaining the small profile of the P365 while providing the capacity of the XL and adding the improved X series trigger and a red dot.

Does the P365XL have the "X series trigger"? Or are they just talking about having a flat trigger? Because I actually much prefer the trigger on my P365 to my XL. I don't know about weight, but it's for sure has a cleaner break. My XL is a bit mushy.

But then my XCompact is nicer than my P365.

I maybe just got unlucky with my XL.

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003

dema posted:

> Retaining the small profile of the P365 while providing the capacity of the XL and adding the improved X series trigger and a red dot.

Does the P365XL have the "X series trigger"? Or are they just talking about having a flat trigger? Because I actually much prefer the trigger on my P365 to my XL. I don't know about weight, but it's for sure has a cleaner break. My XL is a bit mushy.

But then my XCompact is nicer than my P365.

I maybe just got unlucky with my XL.

I donít have a regular P365 but I agree my X-Carry and XFive Legion have way better triggers than the XL. Mine also feels mushy but I also havenít shot it yet.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

So I finally got my sig p238, I went to my usual purveyor of holsters and noticed that they have an option for a p238 pre27a, what is pre27a mean and how do I figure out if my gun is or is not pre27a?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I ate too much crab and transformed into this.

Shrieking Muppet posted:

So I finally got my sig p238, I went to my usual purveyor of holsters and noticed that they have an option for a p238 pre27a, what is pre27a mean and how do I figure out if my gun is or is not pre27a?

Possibly your serial number?

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

Crab Dad posted:

Possibly your serial number?

I think so, mines 27B I googled around and only came back with serial number.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Shrieking Muppet posted:

I think so, mines 27B I googled around and only came back with serial number.

Sorry, I meant to post earlier:

You have Post 27a, the only difference for the holster stuff being a thinner slide on pre 27a models. Non holster, it's a safety upgrade on the 27a and later models.

Gun tax:

P320X in a Wilson gun coozie, I did the Apex forward set trigger upgrade and Strike Industries extended mag release as well. loving love this gun.

Older P320 in FCU X01 gun coozie, same upgrades as the other. I'm hoping the X03 comes out soon.

I like the Romeo sights, but I just can't validate buying one when I'm so pleased with the irons on the X already and really can't justify any gun upgrades until the economy is out of the shitter and work picks up again.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

I see more companies coming out with versions of the P365 concept. Hellcat, Shield Plus, Ruger Max.

Other than maybe cost, ergonomics preference, I don't really see why you would get these over the Sig. Is there any reason it's not really marketed that the Sig has a modular fire control group? That was a huge selling point for the P320 series but I didn't even know the P365 could be swapped to different frames. Seems like a major selling point to me.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, it's a nice feature. I think an XL with a short grip module is one of the more attractive CCW setups out there.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Styles Bitchley posted:

I see more companies coming out with versions of the P365 concept. Hellcat, Shield Plus, Ruger Max.

Other than maybe cost, ergonomics preference, I don't really see why you would get these over the Sig. Is there any reason it's not really marketed that the Sig has a modular fire control group? That was a huge selling point for the P320 series but I didn't even know the P365 could be swapped to different frames. Seems like a major selling point to me.

The people buying EDC guns aren't doing as much modding and customization. Most people but a concealed gun and use it once in a blue moon to function check.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Is there anywhere you can actually buy a 365 from anymore? I haven't seen one in stock in uhhhhh about one covid-year.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Yeah, the shop down the street gets one or two in stock a week. They donít take preorders but they post their stock on FB as they get it. P365 and P365 XL are gone in 24 hours.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm going to try and get a P365X day one because I'm pretty sure they're going to be as scarce as 3080s.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Greg Cote has the 17rd P320 Act-Mags back in stock: http://gregcotellc.com/cart/sig-sauer-magazines-c-123/actmag-armscor-sig-sauer-p250-p320-m17-9mm-17-rd-3209-p-2047.html

For those who don't know, these are made in Italy and having received three in the mail today are solid as hell. Haven't taken them to the range yet but they feel legit.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Greg Cote has the 17rd P320 Act-Mags back in stock: http://gregcotellc.com/cart/sig-sauer-magazines-c-123/actmag-armscor-sig-sauer-p250-p320-m17-9mm-17-rd-3209-p-2047.html

For those who don't know, these are made in Italy and having received three in the mail today are solid as hell. Haven't taken them to the range yet but they feel legit.

What's wrong with the ones that come with the P320? I haven't had any issues with the stock 21rd or 17rd mags.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Ceros_X posted:

What's wrong with the ones that come with the P320? I haven't had any issues with the stock 21rd or 17rd mags.

Uh, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the stock mags. These are just around half the price and evidently just as reliable. You can buy two of these for the MSRP of one Sig 17rd.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Uh, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the stock mags. These are just around half the price and evidently just as reliable. You can buy two of these for the MSRP of one Sig 17rd.

Somehow totally missed that, nice! Too bad they don't have 21rd mags.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

I happen to see that the p238 manual mentions a 22LR conversion kit, is this something sig still makes or have they abandoned the conversion kit thing at this point?

Independence
Jul 11, 2006

Finally got a comp for my p228. It shoots so flat now, I'm upset i didn't do it sooner.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Independence posted:

Finally got a comp for my p228. It shoots so flat now, I'm upset i didn't do it sooner.

That's a fine looking weapon

Sadistic Hamster
Jan 1, 2005

Hello again.

Quick question that is bothering me before I finish putting this loving bastard back together.

In this kit https://grayguns.com/product/p320-adjustable-straight-trigger-system-competition/ there are eight sear springs total. Four per type and the sear uses two, did they include two extra per type? I just don't get why there are so many springs, nobody seems to address this or give a breakdown of what the difference is between intermediate or original.

Anyone here know? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sadistic Hamster posted:

Hello again.

Quick question that is bothering me before I finish putting this loving bastard back together.

In this kit https://grayguns.com/product/p320-adjustable-straight-trigger-system-competition/ there are eight sear springs total. Four per type and the sear uses two, did they include two extra per type? I just don't get why there are so many springs, nobody seems to address this or give a breakdown of what the difference is between intermediate or original.

Anyone here know? Thanks.

I don't know about this kit in particular, but other ones I've bought from similar manufacturers had extras just in case, but it was also straight up called out in the documentation.

You might be best served by calling them about it to find out.