Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

stripes to gently caress with cameras? I think I remember hearing something about that, is it a real thing?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Prepare for 3 pages of exposition about how Japanese television production works, including camera practices, lighting, on-air personality panels, text flying around the screen, the ever present clock, subtitles of perfectly audible dialogue, ...

Then Oda and Tohru won’t even appear on the show anyways.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Aino Minako posted:

Prepare for 3 pages of exposition about how Japanese television production works, including camera practices, lighting, on-air personality panels, text flying around the screen, the ever present clock, subtitles of perfectly audible dialogue, ...

The ever present person in the corner reacting to things.

One good thing I can say about Japanese TV compared to other Asian TV is they seem to be more restrained about the use of zany sound effects every quarter second. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

The subtitles are cool though. Making TV more accessible is good.

Thanks for all the NEET, Sister Make!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Aino Minako posted:

sounds about right

but yeah sister thx for translation

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Can Oda have a heart attack or something this has turned into the worst timeline

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Aino Minako posted:

And that's what I love about this dumbass comic, how it just completely ignores standard storytelling and just wanders wherever the author feels like at the time. It's frustrating at times, but I think it is a big part of what makes it special too.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
lmao

our boy is gonna meet his parents

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DrPossum posted:

lmao

our boy is gonna meet his parents

i could definitely see him having his history outed on tv. Maybe the medium looking him up

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TheAardvark posted:

i could definitely see him having his history outed on tv. Maybe the medium looking him up

That would reveal the con, no? According to the official record he murdered his father and his mother killed herself. Any medium who claims to talk to his murdered father is a fake.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

And just like that, nothing continued to happen. But it was somehow good?

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Shadow0 posted:

The subtitles are cool though. Making TV more accessible is good.

i'm sorry, i wasn't trying to be a jerk about that aspect

penance post:

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Yessss

Add in an earthquake warning and it'll be literally perfect

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

If someone could squeeze/remake that into an incomprehensible gif banner ad, it might be worth buying for the thread.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

The text needs to be a brighter shade for contrast at banner ad size

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it should probably just be "NEET NEET" with white text IMO. not that I don't absolutely love it

e: or white text with the japanese for a different effect but I'm still in to it

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 23, 2020

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Lol, when I first saw that, I thought it was one of those ghost reality tv shows.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

End of Dream

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Sister Make posted:

End of Dream

Neet wakes up with his mom giving him breakfast, except he’s still in his forties. The rest of the comic continues as usual

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Welcome back to Weird World! And now... "Ghosts rubbed my chin"!!

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

:heysexy:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

no neet thats not how you do the "ghost hand" techniqie

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bustin' makes NEET feel good! :ghost:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I apologize for adding filth to this classy comic, but I wanted to know who else was thinking it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Grevling posted:

I apologize for adding filth to this classy comic, but I wanted to know who else was thinking it.

I didn't see the hand in the first frame initially so I legit thought he was getting a ghost handjob for a second.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Really liking that we are gonna see some Tohru night emissions

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Tohru Dreams of Sushi Trains

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I always feel like somebody's watchin' me
And I have no privacy
I always feel like somebody's watchin' me
Is it just a dream?
When I'm in the shower,
I'm afraid to wash my hair
Cause I might open my eyes and find someone standing there!

neet author found rockwell i guesa

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's Oda.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Victis posted:

lol Oda always looks so much younger than Tohru

Attitude is everything

Maybe not going to jail for 10 years helps

All Oda's snotting on the carpet gets the germs out of his system, so he's always healthy and young looking.

In Australia the slang term for covering one nostril with a finger then blowing snot out of the other nostril is "wog snot." That's a very racist phrase, and I wish there was a better one. Is there a polite Japanese word for it?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

BigBadSteve posted:

In Australia the slang term for covering one nostril with a finger then blowing snot out of the other nostril is "wog snot." That's a very racist phrase, and I wish there was a better one. Is there a polite Japanese word for it?

snot rocket

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

That would reveal the con, no? According to the official record he murdered his father and his mother killed herself. Any medium who claims to talk to his murdered father is a fake.

No poo poo, Sherlock.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Also thanks for NEET, Sister Make

MORE NEET!

Edit: Quote is not edit.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

NEET is now holding internal debates about whether to open his eyes. His ruminating has really gone downhill from the days when he used to use it to decide who to murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

All Oda's snotting on the carpet gets the germs out of his system, so he's always healthy and young looking.

I grew up calling it a farmer's handkerchief. I was also a farmer, so if anyone gives you poo poo for it just tell them a farmer said you can say it.