Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

no japanese pastiche would be complete without unnecessarily detailed powerlines

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

And nothing of notable incidence happened.

Where's it go from here? Does Touru fixate on Princess's creepy questions toward his supervisor? Does he start riding the train to work on some kind of molester-hunting quest? Will he suddenly realize he's never had a hamburger and go on a mission to find one, only to inwardly think that a thick hamburger looks a little too much like princess and order yakitori instead?

The possibilities are endless.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

You got everyone drinking and staying out late and expect hard work the next day?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Welcome to Japan.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Appoda posted:

Where's it go from here? Does Touru fixate on Princess's creepy questions toward his supervisor? Does he start riding the train to work on some kind of molester-hunting quest? Will he suddenly realize he's never had a hamburger and go on a mission to find one, only to inwardly think that a thick hamburger looks a little too much like princess and order yakitori instead?

I had a Japanese coworker who told me one day he's never had a hamburger, which surprised me. It seemed like such a difficult thing to avoid your whole life unless you were doing it on purpose, but this man had pulled it off somehow. It's not like hamburgers are especially rare in Japan.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shadow0 posted:

I had a Japanese coworker who told me one day he's never had a hamburger, which surprised me. It seemed like such a difficult thing to avoid your whole life unless you were doing it on purpose, but this man had pulled it off somehow. It's not like hamburgers are especially rare in Japan.

Isn't cooking a hamburg steak also kind of common in japan (in addition to sandwich style)?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Appoda posted:

Yeah whatever happens next is in no way going to be related to anything that happened at the bar.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That's our boy, saying tadaima to the wall he's resting his drunken head on

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

End of Page 74

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

*slowly hides bottle of MD 20/20*

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Hasn't this guy ever heard of a ouija board?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Of course he cant see spirits, he cant see poo poo. I have same thing happen to me when I keep my eyes closed.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wait, are we supposed to be the spirits? We're all up in his face if so

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Alchemist posted:

Of course he cant see spirits, he cant see poo poo. I have same thing happen to me when I keep my eyes closed.

With a nose that big I bet you he can smell spirits though.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ただいま!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Isn't cooking a hamburg steak also kind of common in japan (in addition to sandwich style)?

Yeah, and it's pretty good. There was a restaurant by me called "Joyfull" [sic] that served exactly this:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Hey that looks pretty good. I don't like seafood but Japanese non-seafood foods are essentially universally amazing so I'll give that a try if I ever see a place that has it

My favorite is Japanese-style curry with chicken katsu but I haven't eaten out since the pandemic started :|

My SO learned how to cook it himself though. He hasn't been able to get the curry quite the same but he's figured out the cutlets.

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 14, 2021

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just use the boxed stuff:

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

McGavin posted:

Just use the boxed stuff:

I like Japanese curry and looked up a recipe to use instead of Glico. The top results were advise to just use Glico.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Nothing like a lot of drinking to give you a good night's sleep. :angel:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

9 in the morning or at night?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

simplefish posted:

I am hoping NEET does not set his alarm for 9 at night.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LOL snot bubble Oda.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Xenocides posted:

I am hoping NEET does not set his alarm for 9 at night.

It was a callback reference

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Facebook Aunt posted:

LOL snot bubble Oda.

Holy poo poo it never occurred to me that the sleeping bubble that Japan loves is a snot bubble. I always kind of just thought it was supposed to represent dreaming or something.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

simplefish posted:

I'm using my authority as NEET translator to encourage everyone to abandon the 12-hour clock in favor of the far more sensible 24-hour clock.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CodfishCartographer posted:

Holy poo poo it never occurred to me that the sleeping bubble that Japan loves is a snot bubble. I always kind of just thought it was supposed to represent dreaming or something.

Oda has a snot carpet from passing out on the floor. Maybe for other people it is dreams tho.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
neet going to discern the transmundane using his powerful methods of overthinking everything

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
Old Neet is bad rear end

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SniperWoreConverse posted:

neet going to discern the transmundane using his powerful methods of overthinking everything

He summons forth The Narrator

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
It's his dead parents

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
they all end up describing his dead parents :spooked: :spooky:

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

It's his dead parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Lol the only word of speech in the update and it's a direct answer to me. Nice.