Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

He's gonna get his poo poo stolen won't he

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Accept the job you dumb idiot

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

boom

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

yakuza supervisor decided that tohru is too much of a liability i bet

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tohru, no. Stop.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i mean it wasnt common decency that stopped tohru in his tracks, but rather fear from an even worse place than regular prison, but you know what, i'll take it

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Zazi posted:

did she do that loving weird poke in the butthole thing?

I think she poked his lower back

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

new op avatar?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

im the two lane road splitting into three roads

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

overmind2000 posted:

If that panel with the Bad/Normal/Good road is foreshadowing for the structure of each path then I can't wait for Serious Businessman Tohru

its gonna turn out we are on the good path tohru

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

what a fukcing twist

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Miss posted:

I want to believe

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

"invest" in tokens?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lmao

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Don't teach kids how to gamble you piece of poo poo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Moon Slayer posted:

gently caress Tohru, I want the comic to be all about the arcade owner achieving his dream of being an actor now.

This x1000

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

NEET buying household items that make sense???

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Hot Stunt posted:

OP you are doing a good job. Thank you for the time and effort you are putting into this thread.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

a manga inside a manga??

whoa

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Random question. How does Japanese convey accents in writing? Does it use different kanji while meaning the same thing (somehow), or do they just break out the furigana or even katakana?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

plus, it's never a requirement to use a kanji (you can always choose to write the word phonetically),

Ooh I didn't know that! I thought writing the words with anything other than kanji was for little kids or something. Thanks!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

A

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

We have witnessed the end of this cursed story. Now we are all fated to become NEETs in one year's time.

what if I'm a neet already

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

we still need a gang tag

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lmao

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lofi posted:

It's not the food that matters, it's who you're sharing it with.

in our case its a sex offender

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

from now on, emptyquoting is not allowed.

i decree it

gently caress

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

great advice. one of the most annoying things for me, in the context of helping people with japanese study, is when they try to force japanese into their (usually english) mindset. the goal is to, for example, see the word "mizu" and NOT think "water", but instead think of water. and when it comes to grammar, it's even worse.

This was basically the idea that popped up to me when I was learning English (from Portuguese), and that made my progress in learning it a million times faster.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

tohru is going for the "let's talk complete and utter nonsense so they are sure to never ask for my opinion on things again" plan

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Neet and Niit are perfect for each other. They're both oblivious dumbasses who daydream forever

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

same

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

People really have to stop posting alternate universe stuff without indication

or people should start paying attention lol

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lmao tohru stop she's giving you an out you dumb rear end

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

dirby posted:

Ok, I have the NEET statistics.

Mr. Steak (including the part-timer posts) made 752 posts with at least some translation over the 433 calendar days from Nov 30 2018 to Feb 5 2020, covering ~2083 panels and just over 132.5 pages of the comic. With $1362 from Kofi, that's about $10.25/page overall.

He was very inconsistent. For example, from May 20 through July 28, he only posted some translation on 7 of those 70 days, and those 7 days added up to 39 panels (2 and a half pages). But on December 9 and 10 alone he posted 202 panels which probably amounts to almost 13 pages in 2 days.

Eyeballing his posting habits, there seems to be a clear shift in NEET frequency: From Nov 30 2018 through July 28, he averaged about 4/5=0.8 of a page each week. But from July 29 through Feb 5 2020, he averaged something like 23/6≈3.8 pages per week. Over the whole time, his average was about 13/6≈2.17 pages/week.

So far, if we ignore the post on Feb 5 and say Sister Make started translating on Feb 12, they've posted an average of about 2.05 pages/week (as of yesterday night).

In other words, Sister Make better get to posting more NEET to catch up.

much like the comic itself it this post built itself up pretty nicely but the twist in the end was just more of the same but it's still good

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Has oda put out any manga after meeting neet or is he just pretty much procrastinating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Neet is going to blow his money on free to play games lol