Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Voted 5, this is a brilliant thread and a brilliant comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

literally lol, I waited for weeks for that.

Voted 5 again.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Dad will click on some link to a murder site, the police will come and accuse him of planning a murder, the NEET will eat a squid

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

I did not expect that :ohdear:

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
If this were one of my Japanese animes, Dad would turn out to be a retired crime lord or a Yakuza hitman and still capable enough to kick his son's rear end.

I hope he kicks Tohru's rear end regardless.

Edit: I hope Dad and Mum team up and do an amazing combination attack

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 6, 2019

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Behold my efforts in illustrating tags.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I knew the girl was setting him up, but it's still sad - it's true that Tohru has made many bad choices in his life, but he was hopeful, and this will only set him back. Then again, it is the Crime path

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

i literally updated after posting that, u ungrateful swine

I'm not blaming you, but you're a victim of your own success - now that you've proven that you can update often and the comic has us (or, at the the very least, me) hooked, waiting for updates is filled with anticipation and hunger for more.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
OP, I've voted five (again) and am quickly getting to the end of the translated chapters of the manga posted in the other thread. No pressure, though :twisted:

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Big Mackson posted:

i am yelling BANKAI!!!! constanstly in my head since he came out of jail. Idk if japan is more of a physical cash society :/

He has to reach Shikai first, and he's a long way from that

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

While you're not wrong, I can't imagine the author being upset that his work has been introduced to a new audience (Even if it's an unofficial translation.) The least Mr. Steak could do is link the official website in the OP so it could generate some extra traffic. Which I assume he did.

Also I've been thinking, how weird would it be if a couple years down the line, if there was a weird rear end anime produced from this comic.

There already are anime like that (isn't Nichijou essentialy everyday life told dramatically?), and an entire manga genre (gekiga, I think it's called? Manga about daily life, with its little and not so little tragedies).

Still, I wouldn't read neither this comic, nor Sobutei, were it not for the OP - so thank you yet again, OP!

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

yeah actually they will posted:

i assume akira torimura is a take on akira toriyama. does anyone know who the other one is meant to be

I hope I don't misspell, but I think it's Yurii Horii - the main director of Dragon Quest games, I believe. Not surprising, given the other nods.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Brother Make posted:

End of Page 82

Is he unsheating his katana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

I wonder what was wrong with her clothes.