Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
How much do you want to bet the author mostly introduced this plotline so he'd have an excuse to stop painstakingly shading in Tohru's hair

Also what the hell kind of boxed bleach kit did this man buy that brought him straight from dark hair to blonde and not orange. and where can I buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
That's all it comes up as on jisho though? Which if what you're saying is true ("IT'S FIRST GRADE, SPONGEBOB") is kind of hilarious/sad

I mean at least if he phrases it that way he still has a chance to spin it as "this is what I went to jail for, not what actually happened"; I guess he could have phrased it like "I was convicted for the murder of my parents" if we're going for more of a localization

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
As somebody who only took a year's worth of Japanese back in college I really do appreciate the translation talk, it is legitimately fun to learn about. I got the chance to interact with a handful of transfer students back then and one of the more interesting aspects to me was discussing our differences between cultures and language usage.

I can see why a lot of people dipped out of showing us the criminal timeline around here, lots of nuance that needs cultural context. After a certain point translation really turns into localization, which is a whole other ballgame

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Tbh I read #2 as being a close-up of the ticket booth on the outside of a movie theater

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I suppose it's possible that maybe having a boyfriend at all to begin with when you're attending some prestigious all-girls school might be seen as some kind of status symbol