Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I'm curious how you explained this to your friend.

"So I'm translating a webcomic from Japanese for a bunch of assholes on the Internet..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Looking forward to watching NEET getting jacked in prison. That or the Ace Attorney styled courtroom arc.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The moron never even committed a crime besides ashaming his parents to death.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

He also made fish egg noodles. That was a major plot point you just glossed over.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That doesn’t count and you know it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

etalian posted:

(Note in Japan they still use things like Fax machines for placing lunch orders at work)

Given some of the experiences I've had reading out orders over the phone this is by no means a bad thing. Some places are doing online orders, but that can be a crapshoot outside of major chains.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

not 100% sure about the conversion rate but won’t that meal cost most of his 5000 yen

General rule is to lop of the last digit and you’ll be about where you need to be.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I know right? If he has stole it a bit earlier he would have got another 20 bucks or so.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You are providing a service of translating this comic. Shut up and take my money. If you feel guilty send some of it to Japanese Mr. Steak for writing it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What’s the kanji for “post more neet you lazy bastard”?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I don't know. Throwing out you did hard time for murder can be a real power move in a job interview.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

These are hot goods and he’s going to go back to GBJ for doing crimes again.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

A solid week for that I might point out. The author’s got a penchant for this nonsense.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Little disappointed OP didn’t editorialize some ゴゴゴゴ for that stare.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The stare from the neighbor friend steak.

Post neet or get beat.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Mafia like that werewolf game mafia?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

people making this joke clearly didn't get the pun already.... lol

(btw, what makes it a good pun is that Nii is a very common surname and Tohru is a very common given name. so it's not even that forced)

“Neet” is the term in Japanese as well right? I assume that it’s a deliberate pun as opposed to a happy coincidence for us.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

ryde posted:

Crunchyroll’s manga service carries Space Brothers and is up to date. Not sure if you need a subscription to read but they have a free trial.

It’s just the first chapter and the latest 10 or so as best I can tell.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Post NEET or get beet

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Open source this poo poo, get a GitHub repo going. Let’s get stoopid

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Can we not have two folks posting two different branches? We had a discussion a while back about multiple parts in the same thread and I think our original stance should stand.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Post neet sister or Steak gets it!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Step 7:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

simplefish posted:

Was it Mii and Uglii at the station when Neet was going to throw himself on the train tracks? Can't really remember tbh

Remember that these lines are being done concurrently on the author’s website so reusing characters seems like a natural method to cope and keep track of things. Whether or not they’re actually the same people or lookalikes in each timeline remains to be seen.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Two autoannihilations, excuse you.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’m really digging that panel composition on the left side there.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

MORE NEET MORE NEET

Welcome to the party! You’ll be wanting to quote that post with the drawing of the dinner plate cat and occasionally switch it up with the doomguy variant to keep things fresh. I think we’re about due for some new spammable macro, but the winds of shitposting are fickle ones indeed.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird
May 23, 2012

SA in like 1994 or some poo poo: Mr. T ATE MY BALLS

SA in 2020: Thread specific bespoke water colored memes.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The banner stands out enough that I think it’s fine. Also welcome back to our good friend the judge mental narrator!

That said:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbhv3_V_Lkg

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Good god she went full anime from that

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Hell yeah motherfucker. Looking forward to some good AV material in the next panel or two.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

On one hand, we need to get to the bottom of this pronunciation thing. On the other,

Warbird
May 23, 2012

They're going to fight to the death for this right? We haven't gotten a fighting tournament arc yet in the comic.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Selklubber posted:

With this and the gamer Dilbert comic in the comic thread it's really an amazing era for comics.

Post a link friend, sharing is caring.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

We’re never going to do thy tv medium show thing are we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Glad to see we're back up to speed again, welcome back. I am a bit bummed we didn't get any fun "POST NEET" original content, but that is a testament to brother make's regularity. What is your secret? Prunes?