Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Lol this guy is gonna go lazy, target a child to murder, and then quit and go home at the first sign of resistance.

I have lower expectations.

Over the next 100 pages NEET man won't even leave the house, he may not even finish breakfast for another 20. It's all navel gazing from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

This is all a prediction but:

Tohru's going to call the Kansas guy out but using ambiguous language that leads to a misunderstanding. Something like, "Hey I know you..." Or "I owe from before." Maybe even "Why did you do that?"

Kansai is going to think he's busted, either he'll try to run and emasculate himself in front of the girl or he'll try to pay Tohru back. Next choice will be along the lines of do you join the pickpocket gang?

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

I've been there man.

Godspeed mohawk.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

gently caress.

Just... Give Tohru a break man.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

There's something very fitting about going back to this choice and first thing that happens is Oda ripping up the manga that killed them both.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Hey Steak, thanks for the Space Brothers suggestion. I've been reading it constantly the last few days.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Hey Mr Steak, I'm going to thank you again for recommending Space Brothers again here (because it is awesome) and now curse you out for getting me hooked. The website I was reading it on runs out at volume 16 and hasn't updated in two years, because of you I am considering buying manga for the first time since I was a teenager. Right now I'm weighing up the options of either a kindle unlimited subscription or hard copies.

This is your fault. You did this to me.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

(i feel tempted to give CheeseThief my madokami login info, but i think its against forum rules and he doesnt have private messages activated.)

Don't do anything that could potentially slow or stop the flow of NEET.

NEET must flow.

Plus I ended up buying a couple of the kindle issues, the absolute bastards at amazon had free access on kindle unlimited right up until the same point where fan translations stop. I'm guessing the translators dropped it when it got licensed? Anyway I can afford to pick up an issue once in a while and it would support the author so I'm fine.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

NEET remembered exactly two things about what Minami looks like

Hey give the NEET some credit.

He remembers her mouth as well.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Don't let it get to you Tohru, you got a nice evening ahead of you.

Up next: Tohru let's it get to him, ruins nice evening.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

loving amazing.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

I figured because Mii is so passive she would just let accept it, I'm glad that's not the case so far but I am worried it'll still happen.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Will voting 1 just lead us to the suicide end again or is it a new path?

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

Not enjoying this timeline as much tbh

It's a low point right now but I've deeply enjoyed the path we chose.

I really want to get to the end of the current one just so I can see if Tohru ever gets to be happy.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Yesterday I was going to accuse people of being to harsh on Tohru but I held back, I am disappointed that was the right move.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Minami takes Tohru back.

Tohru considers it a miracle and develops faith.

Gets suckered into a cult.

Calling it now.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

This shmuck is going to be the hiring manager or something.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo he's going to murder someone.
For real this time.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Lodin posted:

Most big European companies still have a fax banging about. I had to deal with one at my last job and the only time anything happened with it was when some rear end in a top hat taped several completely black printouts into a loop and sent it.

I used to work for a major UK hotel chain and they handle faxes for business bookings. Mostly because of out dated companies that want to book rooms, partly because faxes count as a legal document where emails don't or something?

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Oh god how is NEET gonna get his way through this one

I am more invested in this dramatic moment than that from any television or movie I have seen in years

Maybe the developer will get annoyed by glasses guy who's being very nit picky, too opinionated or focussed on subjective things.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Brother Make posted:

(Translator's note: I went with "blink" here because I felt like it made more sense than "open" as a sound effect, but feel free to suggest ideas since I feel like this "sound effect" happens a lot and I'm not sure what I prefer to use.)

Translate the SFX phonically then explain what they mean in comments. You'll thank me when you have to translate the sound effect for a tense silence.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

So what's the deal with the princess line? Are the any clues in the Japanese that would make it clear if it's her real name, a nick name or like an online handle? Is she calling herself Hime-chan or something to show she's weirdly conceited or is princess an actual family name in Japan?

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

"Uwah."

I love how Japanese exclamation makes it seem like a nation of Hank Hills.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

He's even anonymous! It's a foolproof plan!

Watch him spoil the game anonymously, and since the company can't figure out who did it they just lay off the whole QA team

Nah that's too dramatic.

At best he will chicken out or at most post super basic info. Princess will be the one that can't contain herself and gets fired for leaking.

Might even be Tohru that reports her.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Our little Tohru is growing up.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Vic posted:

I feel like the thread will turn on successful NEET pretty quickly if he keeps this up.

He's not done anything wrong to make me hate him at least. Unless there's been multiple horrible incidents happening unshown during the montage, like he's been creeping in his manager for the entire time.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

He looks so happy.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

He rides his bike to and from work, so a big part of it could just be getting regular exercise instead of rotting in his gooncave everyday.

Getting some sunlight and a regular sleeping pattern as well.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Beer goggles Princess when?

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Goddamn it Tohru stop resisting.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Amanuma here troubleshooting Tohru, gonna find all those bugs in no time.

I'm half expecting this arc to branch off any page now with one route being Tohru unable to avoid the misunderstanding. He'll end up married to Princess with kids and a house, having long internal monologues about how he wishes he were still NEET.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Princess is so softly spoken are we sure she's saying "kawaii" and not "kowai"?

Maybe everything Tohru does is terrifying her.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Don't hit on your coworkers, sheesh princess

I didn't spot that.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

This manga has taught me to expect two things: that Tohru and the people in his life are terrible.

My bet is Princess will bad mouth him to manager lady/spread rumours that destroys his crush's opinion of him, Tohru will make the master stroke of living up to that gossip to throw people off balance.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

"Mr Nii said wah, cute..."

She heard nothing. The misunderstanding grows.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Tohru will only know anime songs, fret about it for ten pages (maybe throw some shade at his co-workers mentally at the same time), he'll settle on something kind of obscure that might not be recognised but someone totally will.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

It's impressive how different part time and crime NEET are without feeling like entirely different characters. Tohru learns the same life lessons under different circumstances with (hopefully) different results.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Bold of them to assume ghosts would cooperate with the cops in the first place.

You're saying ghosts would throw the investigation into disarray?

This is going to end with the ghost of Tohru's actual parents manifesting, Tohru hoping they will clear his name only for them to accuse him of murder.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Tohru will play so much smash he's going to give up bug testing to go pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Part timer Tohru: he discovers an unblock able infinite combo, doesn't report it and uses it to break into the pro fighting scene.

Criminal Tohru: are they asking non psychics as well or what?