Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I hate this character but god drat it if I don't like how he eats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

This guy does a lot of cooking for a neet. I thought everything they ate came out of a microwave? Maybe it's a Japanese thing

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

BattleMaster posted:

I was never sure if natto was a stereotypical NEET dish because it's good or because it's easy to prepare

It's on my list of things to try if I ever end up inside a fancier grocery store that carries more imported food

If you have any Asian markets near you, try there. Every one I’ve ever been in has carried natto, along with other staples such as balut, 50 pound bags of rice, and banana ketchup.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

gently caress that, we chose crime and I want to see it through. The more this guy goes around in circles the more I like it

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I’m scared of all these updates. You need to pump the breaks, OP. This is moving way too fast. Each panel is like a fine work of art. We need time to appreciate it, to ponder it, to let the piece breath while our anticipation builds for the next one. If we keep up at this breakneck speed then we’re going to lose all of the charm and wonder that it’s built so far.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Thank you for going back to the slow updates op. The comic works much better when each one has time to simmer

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

You don’t lose a false tooth like that. This is still a fantasy

I refuse to believe things are happening

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AphxyjrH4SE

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

My guess is they all pretend this never happened and then get something to eat

That, or it’s still just an extended fantasy

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

A twist!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

https://i.imgur.com/ihK0R44.mp4

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

He’s actually a high profile serial killer and he’s going to teach Tohru how to murder

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Kill the warden and you’ll become the new boss of the prison. Do it Tohru

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Be honest, Tohru! Don’t say ‘I murdered my parents’, tell him ‘I’m in prison for murdering my parents’ :)

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

This is his big chance! He might not be able to break out of prison, but a hospital should be easy for a criminal mastermind like Tohru

If only he could actually do something instead of just whining about it

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

drat neet can’t even get beat up right

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

LouisF posted:

japan has cartoons

excuse me pleb, it’s called glorious japanimation :goonsay:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Fun fact about banks, at least here in America. You can’t sign up for an account without an address to give them. No place to live, no bank account.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

uncop posted:

Calling it now, NEET is going to run into the pickpockets again as they run a fake real estate sale scam.

The pickpocket thinks Tohru is after him and pays him off

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

There’s no way young neet is getting that qa job

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Tohru turning all the heads. He’s gonna go far in this shady day labor business

I hope he gets himself a hot meal with his :20bux:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

The term is "oil check," and it's a cultural tradition, much like the "Indian Burn."

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Even if he’s wasting it all gambling, this is still a step up for him. He’s got employment history and a reference he can put down. Somebody who can vouch that you did your job on time and without stealing will go a long way for helping Tohru move on to full time employment. I’m glad for the guy and I wish him getting this job wasn’t skipped over like it was.

Now, countdown until he’s blamed for taking a bunch of quarters...

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Mr. Steak posted:

let it be known that page 109 was where tohru made his first meaningful connection to another person in his entire life

I don’t know, that time somebody’s fist connected with his face was pretty meaningful

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Aino Minako posted:

ok so knuckles just accidentally killed someone named teemo and i don’t know who that is and now I have the dumb. steak this is all your fault

High shovel!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I’m excited for Tohru to never see this new neighbor again

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Shadow0 posted:

Don't worry, OP! I've gone back and helped you localize a couple of panels you missed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RentKWlhUXc

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Mangaka is truly the noblest profession

Ziv Zulander fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 5, 2019

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Chomp8645 posted:

Mr. Steak, I say this with the greatest affection, but imo you are pushing the boundaries here. Multiple shills per page is way pushing it, I've seen people banned for less. Just put some poo poo in the OP with a clear disclaimer and be done with it.

I say this not to shame, but out of love. I don't want you banned. If I missed a mod giving special dispensation for this then sorry, but this is very not-SA behavior.

gently caress the mods he should post it with every update

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I've given a few dollars to the op's tipjar, but...

Am I the only one who really wants to change their avatar?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Ziv Zulander posted:

I've given a few dollars to the op's tipjar, but...

Am I the only one who really wants to change their avatar?

As an aside, you should all give to Mr Steak's donation page! It looks like you need paypal but you actually don't, you can just pick how much you want to give then put in your info without signing up.

This thread has been going on for over a year and they've put in daily effort to keep it updated. I work for a living, 40 hours a week, and if I can donate the equivalent of a few hours labor to keep this thread going then I'm happy to. I still feel it was better when the updates were inconsistent and we had time to stew on each one, but now that they're a darn dirty neet with nothing better to do and they're updating regularly, I'm not complaining.

https://www.ko-fi.com/neetneetneetneetneet

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Mr. Steak posted:

you have full permission to change my avatar.

gently caress that I’m not spending that money. where do you get off

(zz for short)

e: (greetings from the street boyzz)

e2: (my name is ninjyzz, the battle hinges, on how I use my sword and when it singes)

Ziv Zulander fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 12, 2019

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

It’s been a full hour and I’m the only one who’s donated to mr steak’s page! Why is that? I’m not some benevolent shitlord, I don’t give a gently caress.

He’s a good guy who’s given plenty to these forums, but he’s struggling to make it right now. I’ve given a good amount to him, why haven’t you?

https://www.ko-fi.com/neetneetneetneetneet

Even if you can only give a few dollars, it’s worth it! Think about how much you’re donating to them! Minimum wage is 7.25 nationally right now. Even if you can only work for an hour or two extra to make mr steak happy, it deserve to be done. He’s a good person who deserves his internet credits

e:: I work in a place that is super lovely about giving overtime pay!
The other day I managed to donate four hours worth of OT to mr steaks. Why can’t you give that money to him?

Ziv Zulander fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 12, 2019

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Mr. Steak posted:

ああ、ほめんなよぉ
はずかしい〜

I don’t know what this means

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

The Forbidden Parsley

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Magissima posted:

Salmon roe rules

A place near me does a really good she crab soup, the roe is like little salty pearls of deliciousness floating on top

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Neet’s planning his big heist, derail the trains and then take all the sushi for himself

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Grevling posted:

Man, Tohru is depressing.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

If that’s in dollar monies, that’s really cheap

*is very privileged, doesn’t understand the prison neet lifestyle*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Ah, so this is his secret plan. He’s not just working towards a heist, this is going to be a full inside job. Soon, all the sushi will be his