Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Lodin posted:

Fecking hell, is there anything in glorious Nippon that isn't fantastic? Pretty much all women you know have to give you chocolate or it's a shameful display.

The guys have to return the favour a month later on White Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
I appreciate that in a normal comic, the protagonist would probably ask Ms Nishima if she wants to step outside for a smoke or something or find some other kind of excuse to help her out, but since this is a Certain NEET comic probably nothing is going to happen at all lol

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Amanuma is having flashbacks to timing out the same attack literally ten thousand times in a row to make sure each of its 15 frames doesn't bug out when interacting with every other move in the game lol

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
His strange old mangaka friend invited him because he thought it would be fun, good a reason as any to go to a ghost hunting/ex-con interview (?) TV show I guess.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Ms Nishiyama doesn't find bugs, she's a team manager of some sort.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Having sex at 14 is pretty normal lol did you go to an all boys Christian school or something

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Cat Hatter posted:

My post was about how it's normal. Did you ingest a bunch of lead paint as a kid?

Not you, the other guy

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

RuBisCO posted:

Why do our POV characters always have to be entirely loving useless lol

Uhh dude did you miss the part where tohru figured out what someone said to him even though he wasn't paying attention? It was a complete victory, a triumph.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

BigBadSteve posted:

* The comic artist never gets a boner over his own work, and definitely never masturbates to it.

I've got some bad news for you about every single person who has ever learned how to draw well enough to make a comic of it.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
It was probably "hime", the Japanese word for Princess. It wouldn't be professional to use her dumb nickname from her position as their kinda boss.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Morita dies in every timeline :(

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Cobra Lionfist posted:

I don't really like how this comic treats Princess. Considering the fairly nuanced way it seems to handle Neet's issues, although with the two timelines it's hard to tell what's going on. Earlier it seemed like he had severe depression. Now he's like "I can do it, hard work!" *Fist pump". Mainly though, Princess is treated as a punchline, and while earlier it seemed like Neet seeing his boss surrounded by stars and stuff was a commentary on his point of view on her, these last two panel's don't seem like that at all. It's just kind of off putting.

Preparing to be completely proved wrong in the next panel.

I mean the world is full of people who just kinda suck, mediocre people, and excellent people. The point of the comic so far has been to follow this dude on his journey to become somewhat mediocre from a starting position of being a piece of poo poo. His coworkers are someone who kinda sucks, a mediocre person, and two seemingly excellent people, people like you'd see at any workplace.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
I'm still holding out hope for this to be just the start of his sentence, and it ending with "...is what I'd say if you hadn't admitted to what you did."

I think Japanese is a language where sentences have reversed structures compared to english, it's still possible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
I think tonkatsu is pretty well known in North America by now, I don't think the other one is though.