Welcome to our glorious barn!
If you want to post about books or read posts about books you are in the right place!
We do have a few rules though, so please take some time to look this post over and understand them.
If you are looking for a book recommendation, try starting in the general recommendation thread, or look through the forum for a more specific recommendation thread if you want something in a particular genre, style, era, etc. You might also want to try the current Book of the Month.
The Fine Art of Suggestion
One big reason people come to this forum is because they want to read a book but don't know where to start, or where to go next. Sometimes they want to suggest books to other people. If that's why you're here, you're in the right place! Great! Welcome!
Specific guidelines for people looking for suggestions:
Specific guidelines for responding to suggestion requests:
Can I Share My Self-Published Erotic Fiction?
We've been getting a few requests lately from people who want to publicize their own works or the works of their personal friends and associates.
That's ok, and even encouraged, IF you
1) Don't Get Spammy. Don't repost the link all over the place. Don't post for-profit links if you've just joined the forum this week. In fact, it's probably best if you've been an active poster for a few months, minimum.
2) Are Ready For Blowback. I have no control over these idiots. No matter how great your genius, everyone here may hate your stuff, may tell you so in great detail, and may not limit their response to this forum. Beyond that, please be aware that posting anything linked to your "real-world" identity on the internet is not without risk.
3) Check Creative Convention First. If you suspect your work might still need work, we have a place for that, and it isn't here. Book Barn is for finished books.
Those warnings aside, please do share your work with us! If it's good, we want to read it!
Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 30, 2018
|# ? Nov 30, 2018 15:19|
|# ? May 31, 2020 19:58|
General Rules for *All* Threads in This Subforum
1) All general SomethingAwful forum rules apply here too.
2) Make sure your post contributes to the discussion. Low content posts, empty flaming, personal attacks, or broad failure to use appropriate capitalization and punctuation will earn you a vacation. Specifically:
3) Don't talk about how to crack DRM on ebooks or start sharing out copyrighted material. The "No Warez on SA" thing holds, even for ebooks. We aren't some magical place where people just hand out all the free books you could possibly read.
4) Spoiler Policy: For most threads, please use spoiler tags for any major plot events no matter how old the book is, unless it's common knowledge (Romeo and Juliet kill themselves?!?) or if you're in a discussion thread for people who have read that specific author or book. If you *are* in a discussion thread for a specific author, book, or series, use spoiler tags for anything that's been out less than about six months to a year.
5) As a general catchall and warning beyond the above, try to post like someone who's actually interested in discussing books, because that's why we're here.
If you see a post that breaks the above rules, hit the report button and I'll look at it.
Any questions, complaints, or concerns, either use board PM's (best way!) or via email to dr.hieronymous.alloy[at]gmail.com. Similarly, if you have any ideas or thoughts on how to make Book Barn even more awesome, please let me know!
Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 12, 2020
|# ? Nov 30, 2018 15:22|
Hello, I am the new IK for The Book Barn. I don't see reports, but if there's anything I can help you with, PM me or email email@example.com.
Safety Biscuits fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 28, 2020
|# ? Mar 17, 2020 03:56|