Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon
May 22, 2003

I was ironing my shirt and I poo poo myself.

What about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Thanksgiving, weirdo

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Alright, your last non-planned day off work, fuckface.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
day after thanksgiving where i played vidyagames all day

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I was too hung over...er "sick" to go in.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Just lol if you get days off work. :911:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Called in to wait for Fedex to deliver my new phone since they have zero flexibility in changing the delivery window to hours that aren't when normal people are at work.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
didnt feel like getting out of bed just then on monday so i took the whole week off

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
killer weed

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
We're closed on Sundays, so I am off on Sundays.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

gary oldmans diary posted:

didnt feel like getting out of bed just then on monday so i took the whole week off

we should talk.

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
My boss sent me an email with a bunch of available dates and told me "you've got 7 days' worth of PTO you're gonna lose if you don't use them ASAP, so you'd better schedule some right now."

So, I have several long weekends in my future as we close out the year.

Unfortunately, so does everyone else, which means poo poo gets real hairy around here as we're all staring down the buttholes of client environments we're not up to speed on.

edit: oh, uh, unplanned?

Back in 2011 I got food poisoning so I had to take a day.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
prolly will have a few days off here real soon since my grandpa is in hospice

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

loving appendicitis, followed by an appendectomy. I could've spent those sick days getting hammered and playing video games, but instead I got stuck in a hospital for a week.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lemon posted:

Alright, your last non-planned day off work, fuckface.
I got fired for flipping off an old lady

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

I scheduled last Monday off. My out-of-town friends normally return hobe on Mondays when they come into town for holidays, and I wanted to hang out with them a bit more before they left. They ended up flying out on Sunday night, but I still took Monday off because going back into work after a long weekend is a drag.

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
I worked 40 hours monday/tuesday getting a product ready for demo then decided I didn't want to work the rest of the week.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

EXTRA LONG WEEKEND.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Thanksgiving and the day after.

Does anyone know where the master excel sheet for goon answers to these threads is stored? I’d like to go back and change some of my answers. When future explorers are learning about goons I’d like to appear in the best possible light.

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

bradzilla posted:

Called in to wait for Fedex to deliver my new phone since they have zero flexibility in changing the delivery window to hours that aren't when normal people are at work.

This is exactly what I'm doing today. Except I get to work from home. :(

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Ended up in jail

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I took off to watch football

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im no longer motivated at my job, have no oversight, or current responsibilities and I felt like playing bideo games instead of reading all day

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Hmm it’s like the delivery drivers are normal people who work normal hours

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
gently caress that deliveries should be made during the hours of 6-9 pm, every truck across all shipping companies on the road during rush hour. Now featuring with your Amazon Prime membership: Free 3 week shipping.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
*consults how-to-be-a-gbs-2018-superstar.docx* I was eating rear end, op

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

I wanted to go to Costco when it wasn't busy.

PBUC

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

My wife was having a baby and I heard that there would be a bunch of blood and slime and it sounded like it was just going to look totally hosed up when it happened so I had to see it for myself.

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018

Time_pants posted:

My wife was having a baby and I heard that there would be a bunch of blood and slime and it sounded like it was just going to look totally hosed up when it happened so I had to see it for myself.

did she poop?

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
i was ridiculously hung over today so i just didn't go.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Dick tip caught in a moustrap and balls covered in flypaper

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I took a half day and came in at 1 PM on the Monday after Thanksgiving because I'd been drinking heavily literally every day since the preceding Tuesday. Thanksgiving and going back to your home area to visit friends is always hard on the old liver

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Big Data posted:

did she poop?

I was really hoping that she would but no. No idea why she didn't go ahead and take the one socially acceptable opportunity to take a loud, screaming poo poo in front of her spouse and a bunch of strangers even if it wasn't involuntary, but she passed it up.

There seriously was just a ton of blood, though. Like, holy poo poo.

e: in summary, no poop, lots of blood, slime level acceptable, solid b-plus entertainment

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 30, 2018

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i used up all my pto months ago lol

i probably just didn't feel like it

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I used up all of my sick leave so I called in dead.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
DEER HUNTING

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I am in bed at THIS VERY MOMENT because my uterus feels like when you crunch a beer can.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I had an upper respiratory infection. The dr wanted to test me for the flu, but he didn't have the tests because it was well before flu season.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WatermelonGun posted:

Hmm it’s like the delivery drivers are normal people who work normal hours

They can deliver past 4pm like any other service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It happens pretty often, but the last time was when I got an email on the way in from my boss saying he wasn't going to be in that day. Everything I did was on the computer and could be done at home, so I never went in if the only person that would notice my absence wasn't there.

• Locked thread