Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MrBling posted:

She's fighting a kickboxer (69-4 as an amateur and 3-1 as a professional) making her MMA debut.

Make of that what you will.

Legit worried that my precious crane queen is gonna get her head kicked off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MrBling posted:

She's fighting a kickboxer (69-4 as an amateur and 3-1 as a professional) making her MMA debut.

Make of that what you will.

So there’s a non-zero chance gabi gets picked apart from distance and eventually KOed. Nice!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

no bob sapp

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

So fite will officially be streaming Rizin, but if you’re in America, Canada, Mexico or Japan, it won’t include Tenshin/Floyd.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CarlCX posted:

So fite will officially be streaming Rizin, but if you’re in America, Canada, Mexico or Japan, it won’t include Tenshin/Floyd.

Floyd never misses an opportunity to disappoint his fans.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
His defense is too good; you just can't get ahold of him.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm surprised the cost of the Floyd version is only $5 more.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Are they even going to score the fight?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

Are they even going to score the fight?

They’ll be using modified Brawl for All rules.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
UFC needs to up their weigh in game

https://streamja.com/do19

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Digital Jedi posted:

UFC needs to up their weigh in game

https://streamja.com/do19

:hai:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

So the RIzin Card starts in less than an Hour? (1AM ET i think?)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheTofuShop posted:

So the RIzin Card starts in less than an Hour? (1AM ET i think?)

The main card does. The undercard already started (that will be available tomorrow on a tape delay).

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rena got pulled.
http://twitter.com/brmassami/status/1079606696085868545?s=21
Which is for the best.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, the card officially starts at 10 PM PST/1 AM EST, but if you just want the fights it'll be more like 1:20-30, but if you're watching Rizin and skipping the theatrical introduction what are you even doing

edit:

thank loving god.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

Yeah, the card officially starts at 10 PM PST/1 AM EST, but if you just want the fights it'll be more like 1:20-30, but if you're watching Rizin and skipping the theatrical introduction what are you even doing

edit:

thank loving god.

Seriously skipped naked Takada drumming should be an instant probation.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Floyd beat up a tiny japanese man like he was married to him.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dayum

https://coed.com/2018/12/31/watch-floyd-mayweather-tenshin-nasukawa-video/

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Woah. Tenshin looked like he just put on gloves for the first time. Like I know he’s smaller but goddamn. I honestly expected more from him and I don’t even like him!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It kinda looks like Tenshin got tagged that first time and decided to just dive but who really knows. Maybe we will learn about the Yakuza fuckery at some point.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yeah the thought of yakuza chicanery entered my head but jeepers. Even if that was the case I figured he could have sold it better. Maybe even last one round?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
But all of that being said, I enjoyed that Horiguchi fight

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

It kinda looks like Tenshin got tagged that first time and decided to just dive but who really knows. Maybe we will learn about the Yakuza fuckery at some point.

yeah it looked like he dived, figuring Floyd would let him at least get out of the round. None of his shots even phased Floyd. It was crazy.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Showing my ignorance here again but as someone who watches this stuff just when it’s on TV here in Japan, why was Rena’s fight being cancelled a good thing? Last I remember she lost to Kanna and that was it. Were there some problems?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr.Radical posted:

Showing my ignorance here again but as someone who watches this stuff just when it’s on TV here in Japan, why was Rena’s fight being cancelled a good thing? Last I remember she lost to Kanna and that was it. Were there some problems?

Because she was just in the hospital due to a really bad weight cut causing kidney issues.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yikes. It’s crazy how despite the event being a five hour TV special on a large network that everyone who owns a TV gets, there isn’t that much about it on the regular news.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Lol. People are calling work but if it was then Floyd totally fleeced them. He showed up hours late and didn't take a scratch, while Tenshin got completely embarrassed and was left bawling like a baby after he lost. Good deal for Rizin there.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The whole "Nasukawa took a dive" thing is incredibly silly. Nasukawa was fighting in a sport he's never actually competed in, where his kickboxing footwork not only doesn't work but is an actual liability, against maybe the greatest boxer of the last quarter-century who has been boxing longer than Nasukawa has been alive, and just for kicks he had around a 30-pound weight advantage. He was in ludicrously over his head and weight classes exist for a reason.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Lol. People are calling work but if it was then Floyd totally fleeced them. He showed up hours late and didn't take a scratch, while Tenshin got completely embarrassed and was left bawling like a baby after he lost. Good deal for Rizin there.

Lol, a work. A generational boxing talent easily defeats a 2/3rds-scale child under a ruleset that denies the child half of his arsenal. Must have been rigged!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Never thought I would identify with a 20 year old japanese boy but here we are

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
floyd vs a bear next

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I was wondering what part of that was geared towards Tenshin's advantage other than some old guy with a big chin yelling FIGHTING SPIRIT.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
The reported weight advantage was 10lbs. At their weight, that's an enormous advantage, but I think it's secondary to the experience and reach difference.

Dr.Radical posted:

Woah. Tenshin looked like he just put on gloves for the first time. Like I know he’s smaller but goddamn. I honestly expected more from him and I don’t even like him!

If he's never competed in boxing specifically, it would actively take work to control kickboxing reflexes, like throwing out inside kicks and teeps. Having to cut short all your combos that are punctuated by kicks really brings you out of the zone.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

MotU posted:

floyd vs a bear next

:hmmyes:

im glad I went to sleep last night instead of trying to watch this thing. I caught the Horiguchi fight this morning tho, it was very good.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

The reported weight advantage was 10lbs. At their weight, that's an enormous advantage, but I think it's secondary to the experience and reach difference.

As far as I know there wasn't actually an official weigh-in for the fight because it wasn't a real fight, though. Totally agreed that it wasn't the primary difference, Nasukawa was getting the poo poo beat out of him no matter what, but looking at them side by side in the ring I seriously doubted a 10-pound difference. Even Trigg was talking about it on commentary.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

CarlCX posted:

The whole "Nasukawa took a dive" thing is incredibly silly. Nasukawa was fighting in a sport he's never actually competed in, where his kickboxing footwork not only doesn't work but is an actual liability, against maybe the greatest boxer of the last quarter-century who has been boxing longer than Nasukawa has been alive, and just for kicks he had around a 30-pound weight advantage. He was in ludicrously over his head and weight classes exist for a reason.

Somebody theorized in the GDT that Floyd was willing to just take it easy and spar but Tenshin threw at him for real so he responded in kind and I think that's pretty sound from the video. The first minute Floyd is just laughing, dancing, waving his arms around. Tenshin glances with a big left hand and Floyd's demeanor and stance immediately changes, he puts his hands up and starts loving him up. Like "OK, we're gonna fight for real in this thing then."

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

CarlCX posted:

Not sure how long this will be up but watch his feet at the first knockdown

https://youtu.be/-KABY19dOag?t=833

Definitely looks like he tripped then play acted hurt for a bit. Those other knockdowns looked real enough though. I wouldn't rule out some Yakuza involvement.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Destro posted:

I wouldn't rule out some Yakuza involvement.

It's Rizin, Yakuza involvement is guaranteed, the debate is the degree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

MotU posted:

floyd vs a bear next

Someone would cry foul over the weight disadvantage to Floyd, no doubt.

Floyd vs Mountain Lion, however...