Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

JaySB posted:

The fact that it's a no contest and not a DQ win is laughable.

hopefully the commission overturns that because holy god that was a blatant foul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Foul of the year right there

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The Ugh Tornado

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Ed Ruth, grade A bonehead

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

gently caress yes!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

When your top prospect gets heelhooked by a vet, that's Scott Coker...

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

JaySB posted:

gently caress yes!

That your buddy?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

CommonShore posted:

That your buddy?

Yeah

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:hai: was a nice leg lock

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

So, with how loud Josh and Goldie are, do you think the fighters can hear them?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

JaySB posted:

So, with how loud Josh and Goldie are, do you think the fighters can hear them?

100%

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm mad about blatant can crushing fights all of the time and it's making me a hypocrite now, because yes, please give Cat Zingano more horribly outclassed people to fight, she's been through a lot, man

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Not a big fan of the narrative that you "always" need to do anything. Specifically regarding keeping your hands and elbows off the mat in guard. One of my best closed guard passes is the Sao Paulo pass which requires double unders and head positioning.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

and in BKFC, we got to see SHOWEATHER win and win big

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Damnit Cat. Oh, finally.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

almost getting TKOed by the can is, uh, woof.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

how on earth did two judges score the third round for zingano

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Main event off to an exciting start

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Very similar to paint drying, is this fight John.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

At least Bellator main events are only 3 rounds. drat, Phil is glistening.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
the bad fight was bad a decade ago and is bad now

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Yoel/Izzy was a better fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I got distracted and started playing with cad software instead of watching

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I can't believe building a light-heavyweight division around Ryan Bader, Phil Davis and Lyoto Machida in 2020 could possibly be backfiring

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

dude on the bellator prelims just took a shot square to the back of the head on the ground

it's a land of fouls!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
oh yea bellator was running a card tonight as well.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

oh yea bellator was running a card tonight as well.

Mix vs Archuletta should be p good!

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Good news, everyone! Jon Fitch has officially retired after losing to Neiman Gracie.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

nothing is more appropriate for jon fitch than going from main-eventing a massively successful pay-per-view against the greatest fighter of all time to retiring in the b-leagues in an empty room

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mix has v good grappling

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Really entertaining good fight.

Loving these body shots

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If we had Archuleta vs Lineker we might se someone's body get punched clean off

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Digital Jedi posted:

Really entertaining good fight.

Loving these body shots
I haven't watched much Bellator but this was a cool fight. I can't believe someone is actually named "Patchy Mix."

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Faustian Bargain posted:

I haven't watched much Bellator but this was a cool fight. I can't believe someone is actually named "Patchy Mix."

in true Bellator fashion he will be going by Patchy Pitbull in a month or two

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Invicta is tonight, featuring Lisa Verzosa (she's the person who got her face split open by Stoliarenko several months back), Herica Tiburcio (former atomweight champ, moving up to strawweight), and a vacant atomweight title fight.

Should be decent

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gonna pop that on since i got gently caress all to do tonight

I firmly stand by my belief that a UFC pushed Women's Atomweight division would be pretty rad.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Sep 18, 2020

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

Gonna pop that on since i got gently caress all to do tonight

I firmly stand by my belief that a UFC pushed Women's Atomweight division would be pretty rad.

I'm unsure about that. We'd certainly see a few of the strawweights go down, but probably also a few strawweights cut too much weight to get there. The Invicta atomweight division has never seemed particularly deep to me.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I will be putting up a watch-along featuring more Full Metal Dojo, plus something I just found out about called Street Fight: Thailand, which is basically taking random youths in Bangkok and having them fight for one 3-minute round.

So that should be interesting!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

we are live http://psp-tv.com/r/MoatFights

Full Metal Dojo & Street Fight Thailand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

I'm unsure about that. We'd certainly see a few of the strawweights go down, but probably also a few strawweights cut too much weight to get there. The Invicta atomweight division has never seemed particularly deep to me.

I mean would it be any worse than Featherweight?