Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Game of the Year?
This poll is closed.
Celeste 33 7.10%
Spider-man 10 2.15%
Red Dead Redemption 2 32 6.88%
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate 32 6.88%
Monster Hunter World 63 13.55%
God of War 26 5.59%
Into the Breach 7 1.51%
Hitman 2 17 3.66%
Dragon Ball Fighterz 4 0.86%
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle 0 0%
Tetris Effect 2 0.43%
Graveyard Keep 3 0.65%
Octopath Traveler 6 1.29%
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 12 2.58%
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 5 1.08%
Something not listed multiplatform 18 3.87%
Something not listed by Nintendo 1 0.22%
Something not listed by Sony 2 0.43%
Something not listed by Microsoft 1 0.22%
Something not listed on PC 15 3.23%
Something not listed that's indie 15 3.23%
Something that came out late last year 2 0.43%
Something that didn't come out this year but you played this year 23 4.95%
Something that doesn't fit other categories but you want anyways 4 0.86%
Bowsette 132 28.39%
Total: 465 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No breasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

With Bowsette and the Super Crown how come no one made the obvious connection with Bombette from Paper Mario?

-ette, pink, blond fuse.

I'm sure at least one person did, you just didn't look hard enough

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

Today I felt depressed because I'm a 25 year old mediocre wannabe artist and all my more talented art friends are like, 20.

Then I remembered that I didn't spend 200+ dollars to get a nylon bag and felt a little better.

Don't feel too bad. I'm 33 years old and it took me this long to realize QA ain't poo poo. (Well videogame that is) Also one of my teachers told me, you can never be old for art. Everyone has their own starting points.

I'm slightly okay at art, and I defintely have friends who are more talkented than me but I feel more insipred to do better.

Just avoid concepart.org.

That just makes me crawl in a corner and cry.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Shindragon posted:

I defintely have friends who are more talented than me

That's also going to happen in any profession you pick

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My favorite thing in Hitman is setting up an assassination as intricate and precise as a well played game of chess... only to have some other random rear end in a top hat come along and kill themselves with it right before the target.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Andrast posted:

That's also going to happen in any profession you pick

True, it's just more so for me most of my friends were in different professions so I had no one to compared for a while and then the recent years I started to get more friends.

Hell I have a friend right now in Mexico whose pretty good at animating and his stuff is already good and he's only I think.. 20 years old. And he's still going to animation school.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm excited for smash bros. That's the only thing I can think of for this month.

Also when I clicked on this thread a banner showed up saying look at this dumb poo poo and now I'm wondering if I'm the only one that sees it :v:

Regy Rusty posted:

My favorite thing in Hitman is setting up an assassination as intricate and precise as a well played game of chess... only to have some other random rear end in a top hat come along and kill themselves with it right before the target.

I've been considering trying out hitman but most stealth games wind up with me loving up and just trying to shoot everything when things don't work out so I figured it's probably not the best for me. I still like watching gameplay of it though

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I was about to post that, guess I"m not the only one. When the hell did they put that?

edit: Well think of it this way, even if you do gently caress up in Hitman, you leave a glorious amount of bodies. I mean I gently caress up in Hitman and you can still keep going. Now if you wanna get Silent Assassin, yeah it would drive ya nuts. Also I'm not very good but I still enjoy Blood Money alot and Hitman. I guess the appeal for me is you can dress up in doofy clothes.

Best one for Blood Money is dressing up as a clown. Nothing more hilarious than slowly walking up to your target and KO'd them as clown in full get up.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 1, 2018

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

That poo poo sure is dumb.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah I guess whoever the tech admin is got bored and wanted to try something out

Hopefully it'll go away soon tho

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

That poo poo sure is dumb.

You're tellin' me - and I'm lookin' at it!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How often do people generally win in battle royale games because I seem to be very bad at this

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Help Im Alive posted:

How often do people generally win in battle royale games because I seem to be very bad at this

Just find a place near the middle of the circle, find a bathroom and sit there for 40 minutes. You'll at least get top 10.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pretty sure the point of a BR game is to gently caress around with your friends and have fun, if you’re playing serious to WIN you have brain sickness and cannot be helped

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I am having fun, I was just curious

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Nah ya good I am talking about the diehard tryhards who take that poo poo as serious as a CS match

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The best I got was like 33. It was just a fun and tense match.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Gamers, rise up. Fight censorship...

What's the point in a M-rated game about murdering people in cold blood?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

What's the point in a M-rated game about murdering people in cold blood?

Because many Americans think tits are worse than murder

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Murry crimbus

https://twitter.com/LiquidHbox/status/1068530619616059392?s=09

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Black August posted:

Mega Man 3 was the peak

Absolutely

I'm off today and decided instead of actually making progress in AssCreedOdd or TEW2 I'm finally starting my Hard playthrough of God of War.

Christ this game is so good

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
red dead 2 owned/owns

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Help Im Alive posted:

Which one are you playing? You're going to die a lot. I've won maybe 7 solos since starting a fortnite a couple months ago at the start of season 6, but I don't even play that often.

I would recommend hot dropping, jumping as soon as it's possible, to get in as many fights as you can. You will die alot, but it will force you to think. Once you start peeling off 3-4 kills at a time doing that, start dropping further away from the action, but still close enough to get a kill in. If you just roll in to the final circles with no kills, I feel you're not at the same energy as everyone else and will get killed quick, which makes all that time you spent wasted.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I have so many good games to play right now, and I'm greatful of it.

Happy Winter Gaming everyone

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

happy winterweenmas to you too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Which one are you playing? You're going to die a lot. I've won maybe 7 solos since starting a fortnite a couple months ago at the start of season 6, but I don't even play that often.

I would recommend hot dropping, jumping as soon as it's possible, to get in as many fights as you can. You will die alot, but it will force you to think. Once you start peeling off 3-4 kills at a time doing that, start dropping further away from the action, but still close enough to get a kill in. If you just roll in to the final circles with no kills, I feel you're not at the same energy as everyone else and will get killed quick, which makes all that time you spent wasted.

I'm playing the Black Ops 4 one which I guess is pretty much the same thing without the building. In solo I like waiting pretty late to drop because it's nice scavenging for some guns/healing items without having to worry about other people but then it takes me forever to find anyone else. Maybe you're right about dropping earlier to get some practice. Groups seems pretty straightforward though, we just get outplayed

idk it's fun

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I ended up actually really liking Colorado. It was a bit too compartmentalized for my tastes but I still enjoyed it. And although I think having only one way to exit and end the mission isn't a very good idea, at least it was really fast each time. And the one time I decided to actually use Rose's body instead of face scan it was fun getting his body to the door.

Gonna start Hokkaido now, but I'm wondering since it's the last of season 1's main levels, what should I do next? I've still got the various bonus levels, the Patient Zero story, and the Sarajevo Six (not to mention escalations but I'm gonna save those and poke at them periodically).

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 1, 2018

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I'm grateful for the games, but more grateful for this thread and everyone posting in it.

It's all thanks to Bowsette.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

vandalism posted:

red dead 2 owned/owns

I'm planning on picking it up on payday Wednesday. The hype finally got to me

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm playing the Black Ops 4 one which I guess is pretty much the same thing without the building. In solo I like waiting pretty late to drop because it's nice scavenging for some guns/healing items without having to worry about other people but then it takes me forever to find anyone else. Maybe you're right about dropping earlier to get some practice. Groups seems pretty straightforward though, we just get outplayed

idk it's fun

Groups is fun but you will almost always get rolled by a poopsock team. As long as you don't get frustrated with dying, I would say keep doing what you're doing. Personally, I can't do the harvest for 10 minutes and then die. But if you want to "win," I would recommend solos just to get comfortable with killing in tense situations. If you go to popular zones, you'll get third partied alot which will help in group situations. At a certain point you'll have to learn how to manage adrenaline which is a whole other thing. I usually just try to convince myself I'm not gonna win so no reason to be hype.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 1, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hello i will now finally reveal i been an elf all along and i been telling santa if you been bad or good and i am happy to say all of you are good except for the bad ones happy holidays

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://giant.gfycat.com/RareTartIncatern.webm

https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/1068972066068733954

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My new gaming desktop with a 1080 Ti 11GB videocard arrived today and I'm unsure of what to get that will push it to the limit so I pre-ordered Just Cause 4. I'd love any suggestions for games that push the graphics to the max.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Katamari on the Rocks has been playing in my head for two months straight now, if I don't get the PC release soon I will probably explode.

Naaaaaaaaaaa...

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Every time I think about Battle Royales I just think of the Arikadou video where he's vs multiple teams in Fortnite and just crushes every single person. While it's rare to run into people that exceptional, I'm also not good at fps games. So I know I'll always run into someone that clowns on me and that's just not enjoyable personally. I'll stick to occasionally watching videos of groups doing silly things and tormenting each other.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I did not know Gris was coming out so soon. I hope it ends up being one of the good indie sadgirl platformers and not one of the lame ones.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Taintrunner posted:

My new gaming desktop with a 1080 Ti 11GB videocard arrived today and I'm unsure of what to get that will push it to the limit so I pre-ordered Just Cause 4. I'd love any suggestions for games that push the graphics to the max.

Either of the new AssCreeds or Tomb Raiders are some of the prettiest looking games money can buy all ultra’d out, and then there’s always The Witcher (and by that of course I mean the 2007 original).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Hellblade would be my pick, I played it on a console and it was amazing, the PC must be mindblowing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Hellblade would be my pick, I played it on a console and it was amazing, the PC must be mindblowing.

It’s pretty amazing to look at yeah. Also has VR support for PC if you ever get a headset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Snooze Cruise posted:

hello i will now finally reveal i been an elf all along and i been telling santa if you been bad or good and i am happy to say all of you are good except for the bad ones happy holidays

What am I getting