Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Game of the Year?
This poll is closed.
Celeste 33 7.10%
Spider-man 10 2.15%
Red Dead Redemption 2 32 6.88%
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate 32 6.88%
Monster Hunter World 63 13.55%
God of War 26 5.59%
Into the Breach 7 1.51%
Hitman 2 17 3.66%
Dragon Ball Fighterz 4 0.86%
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle 0 0%
Tetris Effect 2 0.43%
Graveyard Keep 3 0.65%
Octopath Traveler 6 1.29%
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 12 2.58%
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 5 1.08%
Something not listed multiplatform 18 3.87%
Something not listed by Nintendo 1 0.22%
Something not listed by Sony 2 0.43%
Something not listed by Microsoft 1 0.22%
Something not listed on PC 15 3.23%
Something not listed that's indie 15 3.23%
Something that came out late last year 2 0.43%
Something that didn't come out this year but you played this year 23 4.95%
Something that doesn't fit other categories but you want anyways 4 0.86%
Bowsette 132 28.39%
Total: 465 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I got to summer vacation and it hasn't been that long, does P5 slow down a ton at some point or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Jay Rust posted:

I’m turning 30 this month, five years until I turn into an Auron

Wait a sec I never got a sword and cool jacket when I turned 30, what the hell

I didn't even get a drinking problem (yet)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Wait a sec I never got a sword and cool jacket when I turned 30, what the hell

I didn't even get a drinking problem (yet)

You need to be 35 to get those

and die

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

You need to be 35 to get those

and die

actually you have to die in your 20s

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Oh whoops I misread that post, dangit

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I got to summer vacation and it hasn't been that long, does P5 slow down a ton at some point or something

Not really. If you're enjoying the gameplay loop it mostly stays the course. The dungeons do get longer. The boat goes on forever.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

The boat goes on forever.

Really? I didn't think it was that long of a dungeon myself. But I guess I consider anything I can run in one go to be short.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan just loving killed all anime, no one is safe anymore

https://twitter.com/WalkingDead_AMC/status/1069312747861491712

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Where the hell is Kiryu

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Samuringa posted:

https://twitter.com/WalkingDead_AMC/status/1069312747861491712

That is very off from Tekken's general tone.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just got to the 'Dankest timeline' in Guacamelee 2, I don't think I've ever seen anyone quite so insanely not mad at all lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Samuringa posted:

Pray for me, i run to school every morning with a piece of toast in my mouth.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The ultimate final evolution of mankind will be anime. This will happen in about 1 billion years.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

We're all eternally 17.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Heartcatch posted:

We're all eternally 17.

That game had a creepy ending. The twist wasn't even as good as everyone made it out to be.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

chumbler posted:

That is very off from Tekken's general tone.

Should have used the animals and robots.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Something I noticed watching the video is Jin's hoodie tucked into his pants?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Snooze Cruise posted:

BB Tag and Goku and Friends will keep the anime safe.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I just got to the 'Dankest timeline' in Guacamelee 2, I don't think I've ever seen anyone quite so insanely not mad at all lol

What is it I'm never gonna play it

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I have been playing FF7 on my PS3 on your guys' recommendation, and so far I am pretty impressed. The old graphics didn't take a whole lot of getting used to (except I get lost on the background sometimes and run into invisible walls a lot) and the world is pretty immersive. I have never really got into JRPG's before, mostly because I hate that you can't make your own guys. I think I may look for some other good ones after this, though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Watch out for bikes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

the handsome new transfer student sits right next to you...but suddenly it is Negan

"Time for some pest control," he says as super-epic-badassly as possible

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

That Tekken trailer would've been the most badass thing if I had watched it over a decade ago. Is the Walking Dead show like that

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

One of the weird things about the PSX Mini is that there's a lot of titles that are the worst versions of their franchise. Tony Hawk 1 wasn't actually good; 2 introduced reverts. Twisted Metal 1 isn't nearly as good as 2 or 3.

Like, no one is getting the PSX Mini who doesn't know what it is, nobody needs to start with Twisted Metal 1. There are cars, they shoot each other. Give me the good versions of that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

And entire area full of memes with a bunch of characters saying actual posts complaining about all the memes in the first game then when you get through the area someone says 'woah I hope you didn't die from all the awful memes which are the worst thing that could possibly be in a game'.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
With the Tekken cast all dead it's up to Akuma, Geese, and Noctis to save the day with the power of their newfound friendship.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 2, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

GUI posted:

That Tekken trailer would've been the most badass thing if I had watched it over a decade ago. Is the Walking Dead show like that

That's literally a scene from TWD but with Tekken characters

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raiden killed memes in 2013.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Samuringa posted:

That's literally a scene from TWD but with Tekken characters

TV truly died after Kenan & Kel

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Easy Diff posted:

One of the weird things about the PSX Mini is that there's a lot of titles that are the worst versions of their franchise. Tony Hawk 1 wasn't actually good; 2 introduced reverts. Twisted Metal 1 isn't nearly as good as 2 or 3.

Like, no one is getting the PSX Mini who doesn't know what it is, nobody needs to start with Twisted Metal 1. There are cars, they shoot each other. Give me the good versions of that.
the whole thing is just weirdly confused about what it wants to be, like most of the picks + the fact that it comes with original psx controllers make it seem its not necessarily representing playstation as you remember it or even the best of playstation, but the Early Playstation Era. which is a bad idea but at least a coherent one

and then half way through they forgot what they were doing and decided to put tekken 3, type 4, and MGS in there

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GUI posted:

TV truly died after Kenan & Kel

Died and went to the Good Place on NBC.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

homeless snail posted:

the whole thing is just weirdly confused about what it wants to be, like most of the picks + the fact that it comes with original psx controllers make it seem its not necessarily representing playstation as you remember it or even the best of playstation, but the Early Playstation Era. which is a bad idea but at least a coherent one

and then half way through they forgot what they were doing and decided to put tekken 3, type 4, and MGS in there

Also a loooooot of people don't remember how incredibly bad-looking and -controlling early PSX games were. Early 3D low-poly games did not age well.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Easy Diff posted:

Also a loooooot of people don't remember how incredibly bad-looking and -controlling early PSX games were. Early 3D low-poly games did not age well.

been looking at the original spyro trilogy for comparison's sake and just going :stare: the whole time

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Easy Diff posted:

otoh they have breath of fire 4 instead of breath of fire 3 so clearly someone at sony knew what they were doing when they made that call

tony hawk and twisted metal were made by western studios, right? there might have been some licensing issues if they couldn't get the best games.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Sony owns Twisted Metal.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

otoh they have breath of fire 4 instead of breath of fire 3 so clearly someone at sony knew what they were doing when they made that call

tony hawk and twisted metal were made by western studios, right? there might have been some licensing issues if they couldn't get the best games.

gently caress bof3 forever!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

gently caress bof3 forever!

:mad: both of you stop trolling me

4 is better than 3 but 3 is still good god drat it

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

been looking at the original spyro trilogy for comparison's sake and just going :stare: the whole time

No, you don't understand, the original Spyro games were mysterious and imaginative and magical and the Reignited Trilogy just ruins all of that by reimagining all of these faceless blobs with huge eyes as creatures with actual features and one-color skyboxes as actual environments. The Reignited Trilogy is an assault on the games and series itself! The color of the ice of the hockey rink in Spyro 2 or 3 is not blue enough? gently caress you, Toys For Bob!

Never go on Reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I played some of the reignited trilogies, it felt really good and it was a nice nostalgia trip.

Also toys for Bob is packed with furries.