Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

fawning deference posted:

The Isles going from last to first in goals against per game with the same personnel (OK fine Lehner has been great but other than that) is really bonkers

Considering that Halak is second in the league in save percentage while starting the majority of the Bruins games, I don't know that they even made that significant an upgrade in net. The difference should be pretty much entirely attributed to the shift from Capuano to Trotz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Kucherov is the light.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lost Season posted:

Considering that Halak is second in the league in save percentage while starting the majority of the Bruins games, I don't know that they even made that significant an upgrade in net. The difference should be pretty much entirely attributed to the shift from Capuano to Trotz.

Capuano didn't coach last year?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Shinjobi posted:

The Dallas Stars end 2018 with the wettest fart imaginable and with a front office openly poo poo talking their players. Aces.

Having a game stolen by one of their graveyard goalies making like 50 saves against them too was p funny

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

stab posted:

Having a game stolen by one of their graveyard goalies making like 50 saves against them too was p funny

Oh trust me, that fact was not lost on me. We've lost to him the last two times we faced him, I'm pretty sure. Super glad Ben Bishop poo poo all over himself.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Oilers end 2018 by losing 6 games in a row. Hopefully they start 2019 off right by firing Chiarelli and everybody else.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
oilers forwards with more than 20 points this year: nuge, mcdavid, draisatil
oilers forwards that got a point tonight: nuge, mcdavid, drasaitl

with chiason injured and caggiula traded the highest scoring forward dressed tonight besides the top three was kharia, with two goals and 13 points. brodziak and puljujarvi are tied for most goals with uh, three.

yet peter chiarelli still has a job, because:

e: like, look at this poo poo (which doesnt include tonights game). cant wait for the oilers to have two 100+ point scorers and still finish the year with 80 points

fits fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 1, 2019

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

There is currently 1 Pacific team that doesn't haaaaaaate the Flames. And it's Vegas. Can't loving wait for the playoffs!

Also suspensions incoming!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
that was a fuckin hockey game right there

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
So the Sharks not only gave up 8 and lost the game, but also got beaten up and injured when they tried to goon it up at the end?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So is Calgary this seasons Vegas? Because Id honestly be 1000% down for them to ride into the playoffs hot, squeak by their opponents riding a hot goalie, make the finals, then get swept by Tampa.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

If by "Vegas" you mean "lucky as gently caress" then yes. Too bad that, unlike Vegas, they're the dirtiest team in the league and very unlikable.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kilza posted:

If by "Vegas" you mean "lucky as gently caress" then yes. Too bad that, unlike Vegas, they're the dirtiest team in the league and very unlikable.

When did they become more hated and dirtier than LA and Boston?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

So is Calgary this seasons Vegas? Because Id honestly be 1000% down for them to ride into the playoffs hot, squeak by their opponents riding a hot goalie, make the finals, then get swept by Tampa.

Their top 2 lines and most of the defense are the real deal. They have some good talent in the farm system. Everyone was thinking they screwed everything up over the summer but Lindholm has been absolutely pivotal, and the defense still is stingy with shots allowed.

I'm a fan so of course I'll say this but if Rittich doesn't turn into a pumpkin they stand a chance of being elite for a long time.

Now, with all that said, this is still the Flames so expect a first round exit. :(

Also, Kilza is right about them being dirty. Tkachuck will chirp and turtle, Bennet has learned the art of the late hit. It's my kind of hockey. (I don't think anyone on the team makes a habit of targeting the head, that's not my kind of hockey.)

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 1, 2019

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Kilza posted:

lol

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/JetsCentric/status/1079980942742224896

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fits posted:

with chiason injured and caggiula traded the highest scoring forward dressed tonight besides the top three was kharia, with two goals and 13 points. brodziak and puljujarvi are tied for most goals with uh, three.

e: like, look at this poo poo (which doesnt include tonights game). cant wait for the oilers to have two 100+ point scorers and still finish the year with 80 points

man are the Blue Jackets looking pretty good right for going with Dubois

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

fits posted:

lmao

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

The Lucic contract makes me feel slightly better about the Eriksson contract.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

McDavid had 121 points (48 goals, 73 assists) in 81 games in 2018. The Oilers as a team had 225 GF over 82 GP in 2018. So McDavid was in on 54% of the Oilers goals in 2018.

gently caress, imagine what he could do if he had an actual team around him. It hurts me to know that he's getting wasted here thanks to our beyond inept management. :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1080093552846217222?s=19

"Actually, it's good that we keep seeing the same team over and over and over and over and over and over"

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
At the Winter Classic, a man was yelling at me for wearing a Wings jersey. He is from Dallas, a Stars fan.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1080093552846217222?s=19

"Actually, it's good that we keep seeing the same team over and over and over and over and over and over"

I like Puck Soup, but this is one of his worst takes.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
As a Blackhawks fan I agree that they're played out with these outdoor games.
But this year's jerseys are cool and good so I'll allow it.
Oh and Cam Ward is in net so it's going to be like 9-2 or something as an already bad team gives up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I will never understand the idea hockey fans have that outdoor games are supposed to rotate on some fairly balanced formula

Same with "I'm so sick of Crosby and Ovechkin" yeah it's truly baffling why the league hypes up the two best players of their generation