Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

This fish man has no brakes

https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1080535602360188928?s=19

Definitely going to get a billion

Still can't believe aquaman of all things made this much money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Barry Allen is still boring and there was so much more to Wally, what with the legacies of the flash, his relationship with Linda, the fact that he was a seasoned hero as a result of him doing this stuff since he was a teenager.

Barry's only famous for dying and even that one defining moment got obliterated.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Looks like we'll have two terrible x-men phoenix movies. Guess that plot's cursed or something.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Sorta comic related, but Brian K Vaughan has been drafted to write legendary's live action Gundam movie. I'm pretty happy about that

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/gundam-movie-brian-k-vaughan-write-legendary-1192662

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rhyno posted:

One of my coworkers told me tonight that he stopped buying comics a few years ago because it was getting too hard to keep up and keep track of everything. Now he just follows the MCU and considers it the 'real" Marvel Universe at this point. That got me thinking, he's kind of right. More people see these films that will ever read any single issue of any comic book. At this point the MCU kind of is the main continuity of the Marvel Universe.

It's sort of like that for me. I don't follow comics as closely as I used to what with work and family commitments. Plus it's getting hard to justify like 30 bucks a week on comic purchases, when you're trying to save up for a house and such. At best I'm only like 6 months behind when I do my binge readings off the marvel unlimited app.

But the marvel movies? I spend a couple of evenings per year watching some movies and I'm all caught up! it's nice.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Holy gently caress Hellboy only made 12 million last weekend. With avengers coming out in two weeks, this movie is completely screwed,

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

FInally managed to get to see endgame I'm really glad that Chris Hemsworth's experience making Thor ragnarok really made him like doing the character. I'm all for the big thorwsky in Guardians 3. Also the fight with thano's army is the most comic book poo poo I've ever seen in a movie. loved it. My only real complaints about the movie is that the stuff with hawkeye and ronin seemed really superfluous. I mean, yeah, it shows how hard he took the death of the family but it doesn't go much farther than that.

Just a good goddamn movie and I'm excited for the future of marvel.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

As a 90s kid it's completely bonkers how the x men went from being Marvel's hottest property to audiences just going meh at it. On the other hand avengers endgame is in the running for highest grossing movies ever. What a world.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Mask of the Phantasm is nearly flawless but I have to be honest, I like Return of the Joker more.

If you don't like the film, I've got slides.

the flashback is great but the rest of the movie is meh and the way Joker returns is hella dumb. Only great non flashback part is Terry messing with the Joker.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Joker was alright but gently caress the ending with the riot being the cause of Bruce parents death. The Wayne's death should be completely random because that's what crime can be. An evil act by some random guy can cause tragedy at any time. The idea of it being because the joker and that it's almost like a payback of sorts for Thomas being an rear end in a top hat is just wrong to me.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

The reinsertion of "dark Superman" the removal of any added Whedonisms and the recoloring to blue from red is enough to warrant a director's cut. If any of the Cyborg or Darkseid stuff can be filmed/restored it'll all be worth it(I guess)

I've said it before, I'm no fan of Snyder's but I preferred Batman V. Superman V. Wade(thought it was ok) to Justice League(which loving sucked) so I'm curious enough to see if the Holy Snyder Cut, while being a no doubt depressing slog, will be at least a more coherent movie than the corny hacked up mess we got.
I'm willing to give it a shot...though I'm not paying extra for a second HBO service so maybe not

I'm the opposite in that I found Jusice league to be bad but at least tolerable, but I thought BVS was way worse and pretty much confirmed to me that Snyder just does not understand what makes superheroes and the dc characters in particular work.

I'm fully expecting that this new movie will be a complete pile of garbage, because the parts in Justice League I actually liked were clearly Josh Whedon's changes.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I still don't know what all the release the snyder cut guys think of BVS. He was allowed to make his own movie, but it was a giant turd. Do they all think the movie was secretly great or something?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

FoneBone posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1297250082505580550

there's no way Taika isn't voicing this guy, right?

They should bring back Ron frunches from Harley Quinn. Hell just make this version exactly like the Harley Quinn version of king shark.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Quote is not edit

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Oh cool snyders darkseid is just a big tough guy with an axe. His record of completely misunderstanding dc characters continue unabated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Roth posted:

Yeah, Darkseid has never looked like a big tough guy before.

Other than the Omega symbol on his chest and the fact that he's gray nothing about this remotely makes me think of darkseid.