Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm going to be so sad if there's a Punisher season 2, because it will mean Frank wasn't allowed to get better 😞

I have some bad news about that...

Although if they swerved and it’s just a hospital procedural of him working in a VA that’d be amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ror posted:

The original Sentry mini is amazing and perfect and gently caress everybody who was involved in the decision to ever use the character again because now he just leaves a bad taste in most people's mouths.

When he first came back in New Avengers and Jenkins was a real guy who’d somehow imagined him into reality was a neat idea, but of course Bendis didn’t have any plan beyond that initial idea so he just festered

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

Easy, is Ned in Spider-verse?

Nope, and neither is The Rhino

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gaunab posted:

And I've finished Justice League. Superman making the whole team obsolete is funny. The Legion of Doom stinger was just sort of sad.

It’s such a weird stinger. “Hey all that Fourth World stuff was fun, but who’s ready for Deathstroke!?”

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Phylodox posted:

I mean...okay, seriously, by the end of Thor Loki was literally trying to destroy an entire realm and commit genocide. Honestly, wanting to rule Earth is a bit of a step back.

A realm of monsters that his people had been at war with for centuries, not excusable but not exactly genocidal

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't think they mean full on mind control there, either. More just a subtle nudging, which we saw it do to everyone on the helicarrier in Avengers (the big argument, not full control like Clint) so it's not that far outside the realm of possibility.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Monaghan posted:

Still can't believe aquaman of all things made this much money.

It came out at Christmas and it’s only competition were a Spider-Man cartoon and Mary Poppins 2. Those were both great but without a big marvel or Star Wars movie there was really nothing in DC’s way

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Spider-verse doesn't have any shirtless Jason Momoa at all so I'm sure that's having an effect

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Mike Cena played imo a very Guy Gardner-esque character in Bumblebee, and did it well

Eh, I don't know, I can't see him

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I had Connection stuck in my head all day but couldn’t remember what it was, who sang it, or any words.

Thanks Captain Marvel!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There have been some great themes over the years, but the new WW one is the only one I keep on my regular playlist

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

At least we can all agree on the best villain theme

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SonicRulez posted:

Here is said trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYtuKyMtY8

My goodness it is great.

So I guess the plot is The Incredibles? Mysterio sets up fake monsters for him to beat so he can be famous?

I’m kind of wondering, because that’s just so cliche and on the nose I feel like they HAVE to do some kind of twist

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alfred "Happy" Pennyworth

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

He's not even that good is what I don't get. Usual Suspects was over 20 years ago and he's barely done anything noteworthy since then beyond x movies

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd be fine with them bringing back one of the many wasted villains like Mads, but Kill monger had a full arc and a great death, any resurrection is going to suck all the impact out of it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Fast & Furious merging with Universal Soldier is exactly what I've been hoping for all these years I just didn't know it at the time.

In the climax, Timecop shows up to save them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Even if they did, they have been straight up lying about future projects for years (which I'm a fan of) so who knows

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pretty sure it's Thor

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's Stormbreaker, it's just not in profile.
Goons and their face/object blindness

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's just the invisible man, there's no cgi. It's a stealth LXG reboot

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Marvel should make Gambit their tent pole for phase 4.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cosplay thread is here and they'd love that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cael posted:

I’m picturing you at a comedy, the entire theater around you is laughing at something genuinely hilarious, and you’re scowling with your arms crossed and pouting like a toddler at their disrespect for the sacred tradition of the theatre.

And angrily shushing everyone everytime they laugh

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1083096099303260160

Yes but they are clearly all nega-tickets which subtract from the box office gross

Jokes on you my friends and I all bought a dozen each so we could burn them, that ought to teach marvel a lesson :chord:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

He just auto likes anything with Green in the title

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can't wait to see Magneto be one side for two thirds of the movie and then switch teams at the climax again.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Colossupodes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Thank god they went back to all wearing the same suit, too. Clearly nobody wanted the cool, comics accurate ones they wore for all of 5 seconds in apocalypse

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

X-O posted:

Well this look way way better than the last trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsBO4b3tyZg

Yeah that looks pretty good now. And that Smoke on the Water cover is dooooppppeeeee

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Endgame stinger is going to set up either Eternals or Secret Invasion would be my guess

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

An X-men stinger is 100% not happening. They aren't going to cap off 10 years of filmmaking and this huge achievement film by leading into Dark Phoenix, and even if they do their own X stuff it'll come out after that. Marvel isn't going to do poo poo with the Xmen until that has come out, bombed, and a year or two has cleared the stench out.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think they’re still pretending BP2 and Strange 2 aren’t confirmed so they don’t break kayfabe about everyone not being dead. Post endgame we’ll likely get a big flurry of announcements

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

muscles like this! posted:

I'm confused, I thought Mark Strong was supposed to be playing Sivana but that looked more like he has the same powers as Shazam.

New 52 Sivana starts with some powers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I remember Lego spoiling Giant Man in Civil War, too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jamesman posted:

I mean, it's kinda her fault?

Woman: Identifies with politics that treat women like poo poo.
Right-Wing Men: *Treat woman like poo poo*
Woman: *surprised Pikachu meme*

She never thought the leopards would eat HER face!

Also you're all crazy, the Just a Girl thing was great. It was stupid, but in a good way

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I liked the Stan intro, but they should have held onto it for Endgame.

Speaking of, was there a cameo? I didn’t catch one but maybe I was in the bathroom

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok yep, that’s when I had to pee. Guess I’ll have to go see it again!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gavok posted:

I feel like Captain Marvel is the Rogue One of the MCU. It isn't the first movie released and it isn't the first movie chronologically, but it makes for a great first movie to watch to get into the series.

Also Ben Mendelsohn is in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would like to see how the Nova corps fit into stuff too, since Ronan said they'd been fighting them for generations. Also I guess the Kree having multiple ongoing wars fits what we've seen so far.