Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No they just changed it from November 19 to June 20. Anything about the reasons why is funnier situation and rumor, the director and star say it's because June is better release date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm not really into ten year long film series then "But guess what, this new character is actually the most strongest and coolest there ever was" feels like Poochie to me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The official title is
Avengers: Good Morning America?

I don't think that will play well overseas

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cythereal posted:

Er, I saw nothing in the trailer about rapey trauma.

It's metaphor

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Isaac's a little young to be a family patriarch imo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wheat Loaf posted:

John Astin was 34 when he started playing Gomez.

Wait a second. Is he Sean Astin's dad?

I believe that Gomez should be exactly the age of Raul Julia when he played him. And also be exactly Raul Julia. John Astin rules pretty hard though.

Ok age specification rescinded

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Man the Addams family loving rules. I even like the lovely third sequel that didn't have Julia and was direct to ABC Family

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barry Convex posted:

New Shazam poster, but curiously, there will apparently not be a new trailer in time for Aquaman. Those FX shots must be taking a while to get into what WB deems a presentable state.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrDcSEYl2tJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1iylljepemjjm

https://twitter.com/zacharylevi/status/1070727357244141568?s=21

Or they just don't want to premier a captain marvel trailer so close to the captain marvel trailer

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

X-O posted:

It's being published by Nintendo which means it's probably not going anywhere else.

But also probably means no live services bullshit

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TwoPair posted:

Ooo maybe since it's Nintendo exclusive they'll have bonuses. Like how they tried to put Samus and Link into MUA1 only this time a Nintendo exec won't freak out and ruin things for everyone else.

Yeah this time a Disney exec will freak out

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Looks like Detective Pikachu made a good bet with their release date that Avengers would move earlier and they'd have some breathing room

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well if it's going to be cronenbergian might as well cast Jeff Goldblum

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well then she would get to the end of the book faster so she would have more time to pay attention to Jason Momoa

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Snyder's always wanted part 2 to be BvS. He wanted to put in a scene of Batman getting kryptonite at the end of the first one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aren't Gunn and Snyder rather close friends? He probably had implicit permission to ape the style here

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only people they hate as much as their fans do is their fans

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What are they patenting, rendering at six frames a second sometimes?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vince MechMahon posted:

Spider-Verse is loving amazing. Spectacular. Sensational. One may even say it's the Ultimate Spider-Man film.

Web of.

Mary Jane loves

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We don't go to movies during the week we got work

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well we still have black Iris on the TV show, which will be the only one people will recognize for years. To the point where it the studio casts a white woman they will regret it (I wouldn't put it past WB to be so resistant to Black Iris in a movie that they decide to just do Wally West and Linda Park)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aunt May and Doc Ock had some kind of past in this. when she saw her said "Hello Liv" which is what in an earlier scene Doc Ock had said her friends called her. Ex fiance like the other Aunt May/Doc Ock story?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vince MechMahon posted:

How did Gwen get into the private school Miles was at?

She's white

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ashpanash posted:

Tag line for Aquaman should be “You will believe a man can swim”

:emptyquote:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aquaman is a Spiderman though, he was bit by a octopus, which is an ocean spider

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Soonmot posted:

So, for whatever reason, I watched part of Justice League the other night and... Aquaman just straight up ignores most of what happens there, yeah?

How so? They don't generally seem to really have any story connections so there's nothing to really ignore

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think he watches much CNN

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

An interesting thing about the characters in Aquaman. That one disgraced scientist who believes in Atlantis and kept going on tv to say Atlantis was real. God I hated that guy. Even though he is provably correct, I am just mad any television program even booked him.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This fish man has no brakes

https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1080535602360188928?s=19

Definitely going to get a billion

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They're both great

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Two things against it:

1) It's not a "real" (marvel studios approved) Spider Man
2) The animation is off-putting to a lot of people. I think it's amazing but some people think it looks low quality

It may not have been marketed well. A guy at work asked me "That's about a kid who has dreams that he's spiderman right?"

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 2, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Soonmot posted:

Oh yeah, using this a soft reboot for their whole DCEU is a good idea.

A soft seaboot

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I think both could be true, if Justice league took place before he was told she had been killed. But the movie shows he found that out in his teenage years.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dan Didio posted:

Aquaman has more slow motion in it's first half than any six other movies you could name.

Clockstoppers

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Arthur talks to various people in different languages throughout the film. I think he speaks at least Italian, Russian, and French. This kind of serves to show he isn't as dumb as he lets on, but I just now realized how well this ties into the theme of his real strength being an ability and willingness to communicate, and wonder if him speaking all these languages isn't in fact a low key demonstration of his superpower.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Watch it be Ben Affleck. I hope it is just to make comic book news fan sites look stupid

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

McCloud posted:

Ben's the best live action batman, and they'd be fools to throw that away.

On the other hand it could kill him

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Me, Myself, and Irene

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope it's the cat from The Cat From Outer Space and it helps Kate win at grabbing so she can buy a gold bar to power his spaceship

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mike Cena played imo a very Guy Gardner-esque character in Bumblebee, and did it well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

And lo, Abin Sur appeared to him and sayeth, "Come with me, being brave as you are". But the man shake his head and say "I must tend to my garden, Lord." Then Abin Sur held out his ring and said unto him "Follow me, and I shall make you a Gardner of Guys"