Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Captain Marvel looks great. Carol flying through space blowing poo poo up is a great way to show how powerful she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's actually Good Morning, Captain America.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's 36. That's old enough to have a couple of kids around 10.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lager posted:

Yeah, he is. Now let's all imagine the bizarro world where Sean Astin plays Gomez.

Holy poo poo. I never knew that.

Sean would be a good Fester, I think.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Rifftrax of Icebreaker is good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rifftrax has a Twitch channel that is always on and Icebreaker is in the rotation. I highly recommend leaving the channel on because most their riffs are great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shuri was snapped away.

Gonna be great that Ant-Man is the key to saving the universe. And there's Hawkeye!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

enigmahfc posted:

I hope its not Ant-Man, but actually Paul Rudd.

And all he does is show the clip from Mac and Me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dexo posted:

My guess is dead or missing.

They didn't know Lang was alive as he's currently stuck in the Quantum Realm.

Yeah those are dead or missing people. Spidey is on one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There's gonna be time travel so I think trying to figure out when things take place is pointless. But we do know that we'll at least see how they coped in the aftermath of the snap.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So the Far From Home trailer was shown in Brazil, and it features Spidey teaming up with Mysterio against Hydro Man.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Aquaman reviews are out and they are decent.

Okay but what about the movie?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All I want for the next Dr. Strange is Strange and Doom going to Hell to save Doom's mother.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Arist posted:

Oh my god Spider-Verse loving rules

Yeah, this movie is all around incredible. I wasn't expecting it to go as dark as it did, and it has some really heavy emotional moments. But it's so so good.

The after credits thing is also just... great. I was glad to see that character, then what they did with him was hilarious.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PenguinKnight posted:

I want to be in Mile’s universe, because Clone High is still going strong

There's also a Shaun of the Dead sequel.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’d have gladly taken that scene over whatever the hell that dumb Batman meets Aquaman scene was, or the scene where Lex watches a bunch of teaser trailers on his laptop.

I like that Lex decided to give them logos, too!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Even if Slott came up with "let's do a crossover with Spider-people!" he didn't come up with the alternate versions.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

I don't really follow Spider-Man comics, so is it just a movie thing that Gwen is called Spider-Woman? Because I thought they went with a different hero name for her.

She was always Spider-Woman as far as her in universe code name. They used Spider-Gwen as branding to differentiate her from the other Spider-Women/Girls they had. And like it's been stated, they recently changed it to Ghost Spider, which is cool and ghost spiders are a real thing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Slott came up with Spider-Gwen didn't he? And wanted her costume to be the clothes she was wearing when she got chucked off the bridge.

I suppose I should amend my statement to "created" them. Coming up with the idea is one thing, but creating her is something else. Like yeah, his idea for a costume is terrible and what we got instead was an instant classic.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Regarding the spider that bit Miles it glitches and has Alchemax on it. I think it's from 2099's universe. Might be something for the sequel.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That doesn't explain why the spider glitches. And even though Alchemax exists in the present, it's still tied mostly to 2099. The way the writers handled everything and were so faithful, and with the stinger, I'm still going with that it came from 2099's universe and it was how he became aware of other worlds and was watching them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What did that person not get? I HAVE TO KNOW!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MiB looks fun.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh my God, in both Civil War and Homecoming there are references to Ben dying and how it's affected Peter and May. They aren't downplaying it, they're leaving it as implied which is fine because we already know Spidey and his origin.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Like they would actually have a fat girl in the role.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I thought Reed being a lame white guy was part of his character.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

My only problem with Doom being Roma is that they did it to explain why he's magic, which is a pretty gross stereotype.

That's only one part of him. Doom can do everything.

Except get over Richards. RIIIIIIIICHARDS! :doom:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Same scene but he's telling someone else to draw it, then as he walks out the camera follows him as if nobody else is there.

Endgame stinger is just this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really liked Captain Marvel. It's far from perfect and has some pacing issues, but the characters are all really good. I was surprised how much I ended up enjoying the main Skrull guy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

Why I really liked with Talos is he's depicted as just a little too goofy a villain to take seriously, but is still charming enough. Then in the last half hour of the movie, we're actually allowed to enjoy him.

i really loved Talos. Everyone who gets time in the movie is really enjoyable.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PunkBoy posted:

The Marvel de-aging CGI was scary good. After a while I completely forgot Samuel L. Jackson and Clark Gregg are like 30 years older than they appear in the movie.

This just made me realize that Clark Gregg is kinda jacked. Because I was like "drat he's filling out that suit"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

We need a Goose emote that is a combination of :catdrugs: and :cthulhu:

I really hope we see some lightness in Endgame, one of the things that I love about Carol is she always makes deep friendships with other heroes. She Bffs with Jess, but she's close with Wanda, Jenn, Janet and Bobbie for galpals, but also close with Steve.

Also I'm curious if anyone else suspected the Skrulls might not be that evil earlier on. I admit, It took me until Talos accepted leaving Monica alone very easily.

I was trying to think back during the early part of the movie what the Skrulls do that's actually evil. I don't think Coulson Skrull was going to kill Fury because later in the movie, Talos has a gun to Fury's head but then when Fury takes it, we see it isn't loaded. It's only after a fight that Talos is ready to kill him. So I think they planted the seeds throughout the movie that they weren't necessarily evil.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Was that Kate Bishop?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Probably just his daughter, but maybe they'll name her Kate and she uses her mom's name or they're the Bishops in their cover identities.

https://twitter.com/TheMattDWilson/status/1106181164652470274

I'm totally fine if they decide to make Kate his daughter in the MCU. Even if it's just her cover name.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Abroham Lincoln posted:

If Clint's daughter is a different black haired archer lady and then they introduce Kate Bishop I'm gonna laugh real loving hard

I think the MCU making Kate Clint's kid is probably easier and cleaner than anything else. I mean, they already introduced his family so they might as well use them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Carol disappeared in 1989 and returned in 1995.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

They were at least the first volley, and would have presumably spread out closer to the surface. I never gave it much thought, because it felt more like a fun nod towards Missile Command than a serious plot beat.

We got Galaga (Avengers), Space Invaders {Guardians of the Galaxy), and Missile Command (Captain Marvel) so far.

Let's introduce Black Knight so we can get Joust.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Those are all good choices. Ant-Man is probably the easiest to digest, Spider-Verse is the best but is also super dense, and Captain Marvel is the best if you want your mom to be able to follow Marvel movies from here out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Remember when Tobey's Spider-Man implied someone was gay and used that as an insult?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I was trying since 8am to get tickets but the AMC site was totally getting hammered. Good preparation there. So I decided to go to a non IMAX theater instead for opening night.

Guess I'll see it in IMAX later in the weekend if AMC ever comes up again