Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thor was mostly set on Earth and given the whole "advanced technology looks like magic" thing. The Dark World was a little better about this, but it's still basically strong human types using advanced weapons and traveling around space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BATMAN EHHH!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJADOqwmc3I

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well theaters may or may not be open by the end of August, but it's seeming more and more unlikely.

Either way I'd like to see it somehow. It looks good, and I really want Anya-Taylor Joy to be Magik in the MCU.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The New Mutants panel had a little bit of the first part of the movie and a new trailer.

Same release date, nothing mentioned about going to Disney+. Though I can't imagine it'll make this release date either.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alhazred posted:

She was bad in Suicide Squad too. Could be that she's just a bad actor.

Everyone and everything was bad in Suicide Squad. Even Margot Robbie, who was much better in Birds of Prey.

You try to pull off dialogue like "This is Katana. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The thing that people get wrong when they try and emulate Fraction's Hawkeye is that while Clint makes mistakes when it comes to his personal life, and Kate teases him about being the worst Hawkeye, Clint is really very heroic and very very good at the superhero thing. But writers try to make it seem like he's the worst because Kate said that.

MCU Hawkeye is pretty fun and has some good moments, especially in AoU and Civil War. I think we're all kinda letting Renner color our view of that, but I think he'll be fine when the Disney+ series comes along, and it'll be nice to get Kate into the role.

Kate is the better Hawkeye, but that doesn't mean Clint sucks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"the bad guy is using these terrible tactics the CIA taught him to use, basically creating a monster"

Sloppy CIA blowjob

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Do... do you think MCU Spider-Man didn't have an Uncle Ben who died?

For gently caress's sake, we don't need to be shown Uncle Ben dying again. He's why Peter is a hero. They just aren't beating you over the head with it, thank God.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Your argument seems to be "it's not Spider-Man unless he has an Uncle Ben who dies and then is poor and miserable" which if it isn't, I can't understand what you're upset about.

MCU Spider-Man had an Uncle Ben who died and is pretty miserable

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

If a SegaCD port of the X-Men arcade game existed, this would be the blocky unskippable video at the beginning

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Just like the Simpsons and TMNT arcade game ports on consoles, they just upped and removed them from your library.

Yes, I’m still mad about it.

If you bought them you should still be able to get them. Like I think for Xbox it's going through your purchase/account history.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe they can get a new Flash too, since Ezra Miller is a poo poo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

That's actually pretty cool. Is she supposed to be a Spidey villain? She seems like at the very least a slightly-better-than-morally-gray character.

She's mostly an ally, but Spidey does have a problem with her methods that are sometimes lethal. And sometimes she takes jobs that go against his goals.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, Suicide Squad looks great from that first look

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

So this new SS movie is a sequel then?

Yeah but it's probably gonna ignore a lot of the first movie.

Also all the Snyderbros are cult members, yes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"this is made for grownups and you're not in the demo" is ironically the one of the most childish things someone could say. It's not even a good burn.

Also he may be right. I haven't seen the new teaser, but what if it does look like the same movie but with alternate takes?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How Wonderful! posted:

Let's dial it back and talk about that dirty muppet-looking Weasel. That Weasel rules.

But enough about Michael Rooker.

I cracked up each time Gunn took a shot at Rooker.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How Wonderful! posted:

He looks like if somebody made a V:tM character in 1993 and then just left it in a damp basement for 27 years, I love it so much.

It's also Harley's best on screen outfit by far. All the designs look great. I never thought I'd be this excited for a Suicide Squad film, even after Gunn was announced. But that preview just hit every spot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Homora Gaykemi posted:

What else do you think is implied by "Snyderbros"?

Since I said it, I want to make sure that I mean the people on Twitter who aggressively attack anyone who disparages Snyder and do things like say if you don't like them you're not mature enough and need to watch baby movies like Marvel, etc. It's not about people who like his films.

I think I'm one of the few that really like Watchmen, anyway.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They just said it'll be 4 parts with 1 hour apiece. I think I'd rather just watch it all at once than that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I would say that the Ultimate Watchmen cut is too long - the director's cut is what I'd recommend watching. Just that adding in The Black Freighter parts makes it too long and disconnected.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

Lol why

Snyder did say that he was hoping afterwards there would be a way to watch it all as one film.

I think four 1 hour episodes is the worst way to release it though. If they had to split it, at least make it two parts at 2 hours.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So they don't have anything for Black Adam at all yet?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Come on Rock, Atom Smasher is nobody's favorite character

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Abroham Lincoln posted:

drat, shouts out to Cyclone getting in a movie.

Feels like to me they were like "whoops we can't use Stargirl, so who can we replace her with?"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Battinson looks good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

I assume it's the prehistoric Darkseid that gets his rear end beat, so it's possible the present version looks better I guess.

Yeah it's him as Uxas.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JT Smiley posted:

I'm sure the people that were really horny for Thanos after Infinity War are gonna love this new take on Darkseid.

Yeah but Thanos was Josh Brolin and even through the CGI you could see him, so that explains the horniness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Snyder's shots look a lot better for the most part.

But the story is gonna be the same, except it'll have some expanded parts. Are the expanded parts gonna cover up how bad the story is?