Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Punisher is a bad character whose good stories recognize that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’m there for the part where her mask turns off and her hair flops back down.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Seems like the Long Kiss Goodnight but without any of the character or charm.

So Long Kiss Goodnight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Despite it being basically confirmed that we're also getting Avengers and Spider-Man trailers this week the one I'm most interested in is the Crystal Dynamics game they're supposed to be revealing properly at the Game Awards.

Is that the Avengers game they announced years ago?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It depends how much of a franchise they want.

The most physical thing RDJ has had to do in like 8 movies is hop a low wall.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MH Knights posted:

Hopefully a timed exclusive :( And no micro transactions/live services bullshit.

Nintendo still doesn’t know how the internet works so you’re probably safe there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

They must be churning away on the effects. That doesn't show much at all. Would've been nice to see a bit of the world coping with the rapture and not just their building.
Endgame is a bit of ho-hum title.

edit: I wonder if they'll give away or hint that there's (spoiler based on set leaks)time travel to Avengers 1 days before the movie comes out.

All of that seems to be before any time skips too.

Unless the movie being months after the snap was just speculation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Maybe.

Ant-Man and Ronin both feel like they'd fit in after a time jump.

Yeah but then Widow still has the blonde hair in the scene with Ant-Man.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

badjohny posted:

My prediction / hope is that they go back in time and meet the avengers in avengers 1. This will allow the moment I have wanted for years. Current day steve rogers will have to prove who he is to the past avengers, and he will pickup Thor's hammer to prove he is worthy of their trust.

That's pretty much the only remaining way you can get that moment now too.

If Mjolnir is remade and Cap picks it up, it wouldn't work the same.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cap is certainly self-righteous, his side in Civil War is literally "I'm righteous", but like the whole thing that makes him work is he's not an rear end in a top hat about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But that says 55%, which is better than the average for the MCU (which is 56%.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

70% is pretty high but not abnormal.

But also nobody really cares about what a movie makes Monday-Thursday.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aliens don't count as people in movies.

You can just kill them and it's fine. Like nazis, PMCs, and anyone who gets into hand to hand combat wearing a suit and tie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Really though, those ships don't seem to have a crew in Guardians. So she killed a few Accusers maybe.

site posted:

They had just launched a bunch of planet killer bombs at earth, what did we think she was gonna do, give em a stern talking to

I mean, she does do that right after.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sockser posted:

Come As You Are being in Carol's second thing with the Supreme Intelligence / Just a Girl for the fight with the Kree was super weird because it's like... trying to do a Guardians thing, but there's a diagetic reason for those songs to be in the film, vs Carol isn't really attached to the 90s, she disappeared in 89, and those songs came out in 92/late 95, respectively, and it feels like I'm being nitpicky but I think maybe that serves as a microcosm of the whole thing where like... this is how the other films do it so we'll do it like that but it doesn't quite do it right?

It's 1995 when the 1995 song is playing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most soundtracks are not diegetic. Much of Guardians' soundtrack isn't even diegetic even if all those songs are on Peter's cassette.

Korath doesn't hear Gwen Stefani while he's getting his rear end beat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, most movies just have soundtracks with no meaning behind them. It only stands out here because in the MCU nearly all of them only have a score and maybe one song or two.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I think they wanted to show Fury's origins and cement Carol as the true first avenger and the reason they were created

Cap's still the First Avenger since that was established in WW2. Carol just gave them the name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The first avenger in alphabetical order is Ant-man

Caps subtitle may have been The First Avenger, but it didn't exist at the time and he didn't inspire it's creation.

He inspired SHIELD (which would later become full of nazis nice job Cap) which created the Avengers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah they were basically Widow and Hawkeye of the 80s.

One of them had to 'die' to stop 1 missile.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A movie doesn't have to make you care about side characters as much.

That's why they're side characters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Too bad, it's going to be Dark Phoenix Again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Suicide Squad is a reboot now, not a sequel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

The rumor continues to be that it may end up on Hulu because both Fox and now Disney don’t know what to do with it

Not Hulu, Disney's streaming thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s not news. It was news like 8 months ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They own Avatar?

They had already licensed it and have a section of Disneyland for it now, but yeah now also the movie rights since it was Fox.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fangz posted:

Huh why is the Disney share price falling?

Share prices always rise in anticipation of things then fall when they happen, because the stock market is fake.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's supposed to be a joke about people Altitude worked with previously getting Marvel roles (Florence Pugh being the latest.) Not framed very well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In no way does his wife’s death bring him out of retirement.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only thing that makes something a B movie is cost, and it cost a lot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because a guy going on a killing spree because his dog was killed would make a movie less like a shlocky B movie, apparently.

It seems really weird this specific minor point of motivation is what the quality of the entire movie hinges on for you.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 21, 2019

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That first Peter is the one who's done all the ridiculous marketing of himself isn't he? Spidey-Bells is sung by Chris Pine, not Jake Johnson.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They had some early public showings here in Canada, might just be a thing all over?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A Challenger Appears.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That future stuff probably doesn't fix the movie but if you weave it in right it sure fixes a few of the issues with Batman's motivations.

Karloff posted:

Batman, as a character, from top to bottom is inherently absurd, Snyder's Batman is not realistic because he's still a dude who walks into a room full of guys carrying automatic weaponry and beats them all up with martial arts, ropes and boomerangs. There's a reason why you don't hear about someone doing that in Syria or other war zone, because it's ridiculous.

Or maybe it's classified, did you think of that smart guy?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aquaman has some awkward bits that don't feel like they belong in a $200million movie, but it's alright.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think he means in a movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Quick, you should all have sex with each other to prove how wrong he is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Hi I’m a nerd and declare that nerds are poo poo.

Yeah but who cares what some nerd thinks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe that guy shouldn't be doing public speaking in such a state.