Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I like where this sketch is going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Youth Decay posted:

This is just an excuse to get Momoa shirtless

not emptyquoting myself

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
it's not okay with me

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
that was a 12:55 at 12:30 and it went down poorly.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I feel you re: dorks.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
jason is really committing to this and i'm down

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i guess that was an ending

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Solkanar512 posted:

That cold open felt really short.

I thought it seemed like they cut it off before it was supposed to end.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i guess someone likes this character

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
12:55 came early tonight

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
pre-taped 12:55 is purestrain 12:55

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
:stonk:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:hmmyes:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Really felt uneven tonight

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Zachack posted:

I thought it seemed like they cut it off before it was supposed to end.

Yeah, I wa really wondering about that.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kammat posted:

so, par for the course then?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Only thing that saved it all was Momoa, he was fantastic.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kinda felt they really wanted to get a new sketch onto the SNL yearly Christmas special, and not convinced they succeeded. Elf sketch and GE ad were decent at least, Momoa seems a fun dude even if I’ll probably never see a movie that he’s in.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

Kinda felt they really wanted to get a new sketch onto the SNL yearly Christmas special, and not convinced they succeeded. Elf sketch and GE ad were decent at least, Momoa seems a fun dude even if I’ll probably never see a movie that he’s in.

He's good in a low budget movie called Braven and a show called Frontier.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I just remembered one of my favorite parts: during the Khal Drogo bit when Momoa apparently forgot he was still in the sketch and was just eating a tomahawk steak with no utensils while watching the monitors!
:haw:

Vakal posted:

He's good in a low budget movie called Braven and a show called Frontier.

Seconding Frontier!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Thirding Frontier. Actually, thanks for reminding me about it as it was my revelation that Khal Drogo can seriously act. It's just hard to remember it exists (that Netflix segment last week was spot on, can't loving find anything on that service).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He did good work in Stargate: Atlantis.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

GreenNight posted:

He did good work in Stargate: Atlantis.

I'm pretty sure I would have bailed on that show if he hadn't joined the cast. He carried it a lot of the time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I mean, the only joy to be extracted from Justice League came from him and Ezra Miller.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Kammat posted:

Aidy Bryant wasn't the only one sneaking coolers out of Mumford & Sons dressing room.
Do people like Mumford and Sons? It seems like they have about 40 words that get re-shuffled for every song: You, me, light, your eyes, love, take, give, all, need, want.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Binary Logic posted:

Aidy Bryant wasn't the only one sneaking coolers out of Mumford & Sons dressing room.
Do people like Mumford and Sons? It seems like they have about 40 words that get re-shuffled for every song: You, me, light, your eyes, love, take, give, all, need, want.

I always enjoy them, but I did notice how this album sounds just like the last two. Maybe that was just the song selection and the rest of the tracks branch out, but they are about due for a reinvention. :shrug:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Binary Logic posted:

You forgot Hand. I like them but someone did a look up and Hand shows up in like 95% of their songs.

Plus they were in one of my favorite sketches as a Beatles tribute band.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Binary Logic posted:

Nobody actually likes any SNL bands.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That's not true, I like Nirvana.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I like the SNL Band

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Nobody actually likes any SNL bands.

SNL introduced me to Margo Price, and I've been into her ever since. But that's an anomaly, because even bands I already like sound awful on the show.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

SNL introduced me to Margo Price, and I've been into her ever since. But that's an anomaly, because even bands I already like sound awful on the show.

I still remember watching Florence and the Machine perform and my wife and I openly wondered if it was just another skit. It was soooooo bad.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

IRQ posted:

That's not true, I like Nirvana.

So do I, but that was what, the mid-90's?

\/\/\/ I'm down for that; thus it will never happen.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 11, 2018

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

92 and 93.

I wish SNL would just break out the box a bit more with their bookings, some of the bands they got in the 90s were amazing and now everything just feels a bit pale and by the numbers. Booking Cypress Hill and Rage Against the Machine brought an air of 'what could happen?!' and maybe Lorne just doesn't want to deal with that poo poo anymore. I'd like to see an act like Turnstile play, heavier than pretty much anything they've booked for years (god forbid a band that uses distortion play) and great live and tour constantly while never breaking into the mainstream.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I remember when Lana Del Rey was the musical guest and not only was she bad, but it was before her first album even came out, so everyone's reaction was, "Who the hell is this? She's terrible. Why is this happening?"

Then after a few weeks off, SNL came back with a Weekend Update bit with Kristen Wiig as Lana Del Rey that essentially said, "That performance was pretty bad, but how dare you criticize it?"

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Gavok posted:

I remember when Lana Del Rey was the musical guest and not only was she bad, but it was before her first album even came out, so everyone's reaction was, "Who the hell is this? She's terrible. Why is this happening?"

Then after a few weeks off, SNL came back with a Weekend Update bit with Kristen Wiig as Lana Del Rey that essentially said, "That performance was pretty bad, but how dare you criticize it?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTR-dS4lptc

Baha Men were never an official musical guest <:mad:>

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Sounds like Pete Davidson’s not doing so hot. :ohdear:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
He posted this note on his Instagram but has since deleted his account.

Jon Cryer says he is at work at SNL.
https://twitter.com/MrJonCryer/status/1074021559017234432

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

This is the last SNL until sometime next year, I imagine Lorne is going to do everything in his power to get Davidson back into some intensive therapy. He loving loves the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
:smith: