Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
everything went better than expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

God dammit. Every fight tonight was filled with a remarkable amount of stupidity.

ozzie ozzie ozzie

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
heavyweight. heavyweight never changes...

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

?

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
It looked like jds was just hitting his chest and arms at the end idk

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Dangersim posted:

Yeah that's a good stop

Indeed, you can't strike from the bottom and flail your legs, if he was trying to take back half guard with his legs or try a sweep but his legs were kicking as he was punching, that poo poo doesn't work.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Dangersim posted:

Yeah that's a good stop

lol

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

You needed a second look at that.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Robert Analog posted:

It looked like jds was just hitting his chest and arms at the end idk

on replay i thought maybe the second-to-last or third-to-last hammerfist before the stop made tai's eyes roll back in his head for a sec and he turned funny and was just kinda reaching up without protecting himself as well, but i can't say for sure

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
that card sucked

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
stoppage was fine, that fat guy was not going to ever improve position from there and was just flailing around helplessly

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

vitor belfort medaled in adcc and tried to punch his way out of weidman's mount so I think with the adrenaline and getting punched you just panic and try anything

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Memento posted:

that card sucked

I really enjoyed it except for Hunto

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I'm fine with that stoppage, he was in a really bad position taking damage after being knocked down with a big shot and didn't look to be getting out. Herb Dean waited for one more really clean hammerfist to land before jumping in. Fights don't always have to end with someone unconscious (though I think Dangersim is right that the last shot rung his bell)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
fight ended with one fighter sitting on the other

meh

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I'm fine with that stoppage, he was in a really bad position taking damage after being knocked down with a big shot and didn't look to be getting out. Herb Dean waited for one more really clean shot to land before jumping in.

He didn't look to be getting out but he also didn't look that hosed up. If he's not remotely knocked out you'd think you'd let him hang in there awhile longer.

There was a ton of time left on the clock for the round, but still. He wasn't getting rocked yet. But he also wasn't about to get out of that position, so its dumb however you look at it.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Yeah at the end his eyes rolled back and he was just kinda staring into space

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
You know it's a good postfight interview when the mics are muted into next week

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dangersim posted:

Nah, he protested the stoppage immediately, he was totally there. I don't really disagree with it since he wasn't about to change the situation and he was getting wailed on, but he wasn't remotely close to being knocked out.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

That monster check by JDS on a ruined leg was clutch.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.

Dangersim posted:

That's how I saw it too

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
Tuivasa was done in by his own bravado there, when he first got rocked instead of trying to recover he just played it out like it was nothing and went in face first throwing bombs and his brain got partially shut down before JDS even mounted him.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah, he protested the stoppage immediately, he was totally there. I don't really disagree with it since he wasn't about to change the situation and he was getting wailed on, but he wasn't remotely close to being knocked out.

You can be concussed and still complain to the ref. Hell you can be concussed and shoot a double on the ref

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Gotta live the gimmick

Realistically most Australian fighters don't really care much for fight IQ and get by on sheer force of will which is fun to watch but uhhhhhhhhhhhh they get knocked out a lot

Whittaker is the only one I've seen who actually fights smart, and look where that got him

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

You can be concussed and still complain to the ref. Hell you can be concussed and shoot a double on the ref

You absolutely can and dudes do, but you get delayed a second or two before the complaints start. You gotta catch your breath and let the stars go out of your eyes. Dudes complaining to the ref instantly is usually a sign you're still going strong.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Tuivasa didn't "get caught with a shot." He ate four hard punches before he went down. Really good composure by JDS when he was looking to be in a lot of trouble.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

fight ended with one fighter sitting on the other

meh

He didn't look to be getting out but he also didn't look that hosed up. If he's not remotely knocked out you'd think you'd let him hang in there awhile longer.

There was a ton of time left on the clock for the round, but still. He wasn't getting rocked yet. But he also wasn't about to get out of that position, so its dumb however you look at it.

lmao

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

You absolutely can and dudes do, but you get delayed a second or two before the complaints start. You gotta catch your breath and let the stars go out of your eyes. Dudes complaining to the ref instantly is usually a sign you're still going strong.

lol

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If you ever think complaining to the ref is reason to let a fight go longer, watch Pete Sell vs Matt Brown

anyways Tai was hosed, his eyes were rolling in his head and he had zero answer to the mount except to throw flailing missed punches, that was a good stoppage

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

In my experience, a fighter's weak spot will glow red and throb when they're Actually Finished.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
I think that's only Cody Garbrandt

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I didn't see his eyes rolling, guess I missed that my b

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

old.flv posted:

I really enjoyed it except for Hunto

Yeah it was actually alright but the Australians got pasted for the most part.

I was super surprised to see Crute get a sub victory on The Bear Jew, I thought Craig had much better bjj than he put on display.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

chaleski posted:

If you ever think complaining to the ref is reason to let a fight go longer, watch Pete Sell vs Matt Brown

That's a good while ago and unfortunately I can't find any video of it anywhere on the internet

Reading a description of the fight though that sounds nothing like what was being said. Also, the point was complaining immediately, not complaining period, and the point was that was just one clue of many you have to look at. Typical goon taking things out of context so you can dunk on it and feel superior.

But that fight, they stopped it and then restarted it and it sounds like he complained more about the restart than the stoppage in the first place? But the point was never supposed to be 'if you complain you're fine' so chill dude.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 2, 2018

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Memento posted:

I was super surprised to see Crute get a sub victory on The Bear Jew, I thought Craig had much better bjj than he put on display.

I think everyone did by default

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

old.flv posted:

Paul Craig loving sucks

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
JDS looked old and slow.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Max Awfuls posted:

Tuivasa was done in by his own bravado there, when he first got rocked instead of trying to recover he just played it out like it was nothing and went in face first throwing bombs and his brain got partially shut down before JDS even mounted him.

when fighters get tagged and start giving those nods and head shakes playing them off that usually means hit them a few more times and you’ll knock them unconscious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

see you somewhere else hunto :negative: