Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Was YOUR Champion for November, 2018?
This poll is closed.
:clint: Becky Lynch (Smackdown Women's Champion) 37 56.06%
:quagmire: Marty the Moth (FORMER Lucha Underground Champion) 0 0%
:miedo: Pentagon Dark (FORMER Lucha Underground Champion) 0 0%
:confused: Jack Strong (Lucha Underground Champion) 3 4.55%
:human being: AJ Styles (FORMER WWE Champion) 0 0%
Daniel Bryan (WWE Champion) 18 27.27%
Brock Lesnar (WWE Universal Champion) 0 0%
Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) 1 1.52%
:lsd: Johnny Impact (Impact World Champion) 2 3.03%
:cripes: Nick Aldis (NWA Champion) 1 1.52%
:corrupt: Ronda Rousey (Raw Women's Champion) 1 1.52%
:chanpop: What the Hell Happened? (None of the Above) 3 4.55%
Total: 66 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A new streak begins, as Becky Lynch managed to make it two in a row and bring at least a little respectability to WWE after 8 months of being completely shut out by New Japan. While Kenny Omega fell to a single solitary vote, even Roman Reigns' cancer diagnosis couldn't bring him within sniffing distance of Becky's dominant victory as her incredible Last Woman Standing Match with Charlotte Flair meant she was not only the most popular champion but was arguably in the best match of the month. Can she continue that streak this month? Or will the last two months just be some beautiful aberration in an otherwise unremarkable year for WWE.

Eligible Champions are chosen on a combination of accessibility, prestige/notoriety and by overwhelming popular request. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant. With that said:

:siren: The end of year wind-down means a number of promotions have Champions who have dropped off the poll for this month at least, including PWG, Impact, Stardom, All Japan, DDT and others, though perhaps most notably of all New Japan. :siren:

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you might in this thread.

:clint: Becky Lynch (Smackdown Women's Champion) - Becky Lynch did not defend her belt this month, but her presence and particularly her title loomed so large over not only Smackdown but the Survivor Series PPV itself AND had major implications for Raw that it feels appropriate to include her on the list. Starting the month by leading a wild brawl by Smackdown against the Raw Women's roster, she got Ronda Rousey into an armbar, took a direct punch to the face by Nia Jax and got straight back up to just beat the poo poo out of Ronda some more with a steel chair. Blood covering her face and hands, she strode like a badass through an adoring crowd and got everybody pumped up for Survivor Series... at which point she was put into "Doctor Jail" as the concussion Nia gave her kept her out of the match. This has created fresh tension with Charlotte Flair and continuing accusations of WWE attempting to transplant the natural badass face energy Becky has earned onto the (very talented!) Charlotte Flair who appears to be their actual pick. With Asuka added to their TLC match at the PPV of the same name, it looks like December will be much like November and October: a month where whatever Becky is doing is the most interesting thing going.

:quagmire: Marty the Moth (FORMER Lucha Underground Champion) - Justice and sanity prevailed as Marty and Pentagon Dark finally had their one-on-one rematch for the title, and Pentagon defeated Marty to regain his championship at Ultima Lucha IV.

:miedo: Pentagon Dark (FORMER Lucha Underground Champion) - Injustice and insanity prevailed as Pentagon Dark was attacked postmatch and an impromptu title match ended almost immediately by ref stoppage and Pentagon lost his title AGAIN.

:confused: Jack Strong (Lucha Underground Champion) - The former Jack Swagger defeated Pentagon Dark to become the new (and possibly final) Lucha Undergr... wait, seriously? REALLY!?!

:human being: AJ Styles (FORMER WWE Champion) - AJ Styles was setting up to have a rematch of his previous excellent Champion vs. Champion match against Universal Champion Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series. But he got into a brawl with an increasingly unhinged Daniel Bryan and agreed to put the title on the line, and one kick to the dick later AJ's 370+ day title reign was over.

Daniel Bryan (WWE Champion) - Mad Daniel Bryan decided he was going to let nothing get in the way of his dreams ever again. So he kicked AJ Styles on the dick, then went in to have the "weakness beat out of me" by Brock Lesnar, kicking HIM on the dick as well and making everybody believe if only for a moment that he could beat him. He couldn't, but now Bryan has the title he wanted and the opportunity to actually remind everybody why it was such a tremendous disappointment when he initially retired.

Brock Lesnar (WWE Universal Champion) - At Crown Jewel [spoiler]in Saudi Arabia[/b], Brock Lesnar defeated BRAUN! with the aid of General Manager Baron Corbin to regain the vacant Universal Title, and proceeded to do exactly what he was doing with it before: not showing up to shows, phoning in his appearances AND getting paid big bucks to do it (good for him!).

Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) - Jay was able to retain his title through November, though Chris Sabin didn't make it easy. With a No Contest and a Time Limit Draw in two matches against Sabin, Lethal did get at least one win on the record by defeating Kenny King on one of the New Japan/ROH Global Wars shows.

:lsd: Johnny Impact (Impact World Champion) - Johnny Impact successfully defended his title against Austin Aries' crony/henchman Killer Kross near the start of the month to cement his hold on the World Title.

:cripes: Nick Aldis (NWA Champion) - Bafflingly, Nick Aldis is not only once again the NWA Champion, but retained the title in two matches this month. One against Brandon Scott in another Two-Out-Of-Three Falls match like the one had against Cody. The other against Jake Hager (Jack Swagger), though at least that one it kind of made sense because what kind of promotion in 2018 would think Swagger was the guy to headline your promotion, eh Lucha Underground?

:corrupt: Ronda Rousey (Raw Women's Champion) - Ronda was pissed to get jumped and the poo poo beaten out of her by Becky Lynch ahead of Survivor Series. She was even more pissed after Becky's replacement Charlotte gave up on their match to attack Ronda with kendo sticks and chairs. Having to focus on Nia Jax instead of either Becky (who has been MURDERING her on twitter) and Charlotte, she did demand she be a fighting champion by allowing anybody on the roster to challenge for her belt. Mickie James answered the call, but even hurting from Charlotte's beating, Ronda was able to beat Mickie. A confrontation with Nia and Tamina was cut short when her friend Nattie was jumped by the Riott Squad when coming to her aid. Ronda is learning that when you are the champion, people come at you from every direction at once.

:chanpop: What the Hell Happened? (None of the Above) - If you are appalled by the Champions who DID make it to the poll, horrified by those who DIDN'T, or you just want to see the results, you can always vote for None of the Above.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just a reminder to all the Jack Strong fans out there that this poll is up and running!

Oh, they already knew....

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't even know if she defended but the Raw invasion was in November so I'm voting The Man.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why cant i vote for johnny impact

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

why cant i vote for johnny impact

Based on what I looked up, he didn't have any defenses in November and I'm not aware if they've been building any particular hot programmes/doing exciting stuff with the championship - if somebody who actually watches Impact wants to start sending me write-ups on what is going on I'd be happy to include them. Same goes for any other major promotions (like AAA/CMLL etc) that are being left out at the moment.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
The invasion on its own was "Good enough" showing for a champion.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Based on what I looked up, he didn't have any defenses in November and I'm not aware if they've been building any particular hot programmes/doing exciting stuff with the championship - if somebody who actually watches Impact wants to start sending me write-ups on what is going on I'd be happy to include them. Same goes for any other major promotions (like AAA/CMLL etc) that are being left out at the moment.

he defended against killer kross and fenix in october and november and they have a payperview in january with him defending against cage. the impact thread has had more activity on these very forums than the lucha underground thread, which hasnt had a new post in nearly a month. more relevant than lucha underground certainly, though both are very small on the wrestling spectrum.

my vote is for the mayor of slamtown.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

he defended against killer kross and fenix in october and november and they have a payperview in january with him defending against cage. the impact thread has had more activity on these very forums than the lucha underground thread, which hasnt had a new post in nearly a month. more relevant than lucha underground certainly, though both are very small on the wrestling spectrum.

my vote is for the mayor of slamtown.

Sorry, starting a fight and getting KOed by Nia Jax is more legitimate than this man's defenses.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

he defended against killer kross and fenix in october and november

Sorry about that, nothing was listed on cagematch past the middle of the month so I assumed nothing was going on.

If nobody wants to write anything up for him, next month I'll do a deeper dive for info. The one vote he got last month IS a dramatic improvement over the zero votes that Austin Aries consistently got.

Edit: Poll updated to include Johnny

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 3, 2018

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
voting for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3xcybdis1k

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Sorry, starting a fight and getting KOed by Nia Jax is more legitimate than this man's defenses.

Absolutely.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Only include people who get a long write-up from someone else, in order to influence the vote toward the preferences of those who care. anyone opposed to the idea can send in rage-fueled write-ups For revenge which would be good to read in Theory

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

God I wish this was her theme. I know it's not happening because WWE hates fun, Becky doesn't like this genre, and it arguably leans too far into her odd nickname.

But I want It.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Voting for Jack loving Swagger in the year of our lord 2018.

I think it is funny.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Strong! Strong! Strong!!!!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

karmicknight posted:

Voting for Jack loving Swagger in the year of our lord 2018.

I think it is funny.

I was going to post funnyvoting should not be allowed as this is a very serious poll but then I remembered Jinder

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Voted for the Palace of Wisdom.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Requesting my Becky vote be changed to a Jack Strong Swagger vote

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm partly (mostly?) to blame as I didn't really keep the thread bumped, but November ends with another win for Becky Lynch and again helps to offset the complete domination New Japan held for the majority of this year. While it is true that all the Japanese promotions were off the poll due to the current focus on Tag Teams, it was interesting to see the bulk of all the voting (roughly 85%) went to WWE, and only 1.5% of total votes went to Raw with the rest going to Smackdown.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Becky won because The NEW Daniel Bryan wasn't listed, just that old Daniel Bryan loser.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gonna vote the gently caress out of PAC next month

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tato posted:

Becky won because The NEW Daniel Bryan wasn't listed, just that old Daniel Bryan loser.

Anybody who would vote for the NEW Daniel Bryan over the old Daniel Bryan is FICKLE!

Anybody who would have voted for the old Daniel Bryan but not the NEW Daniel Bryan is FICKLE!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VplleMHgmDs

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
How the gently caress did Jinder Mahal beat Okada last year

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Goons will always vote for the comedy option and Jinder Mahal: World Champion was pretty funny until the reality set in.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Gonna vote the gently caress out of PAC next month

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

How the gently caress did Jinder Mahal beat Okada last year

irony

Some people thought it would be less boring than Orton as champ. Jinder somehow managed to fail at this.